ADVERTISEMENT

Arland Bruce has arrived & is practicing w/ Brody Brecht at Ankeny. FINALLY, ON OCTOBER 1, Ruled ELIGIBLE to Play.

2523607_a830218c1f654d928b6185f54d5d037b.jpg

Reactions: hawkifann
At first, I didn't think that rumor was true but now that it is confirmed, I'm glad to have Arland playing for an Iowa school.

Their QB (Jase Bauer) will be at ISU now that ISU lost their top QB recruit. ISU is his only P5 offer and he is a legacy. The funny thing is he will have better wideouts this year in HS than he ever will at ISU. Both Brody and Bruce are ranked higher than any ISU WR recruits and they were the top 2 on ISU’s board. Typical little brother.

Their QB (Jase Bauer) will be at ISU now that ISU lost their top QB recruit. ISU is his only P5 offer and he is a legacy. The funny thing is he will have better wideouts this year in HS than he ever will at ISU. Both Brody and Bruce are ranked higher than any ISU WR recruits and they were the top 2 on ISU’s board. Typical little brother.
So their latest decommit didn't notice a storm brewing? I"m sure the fans expect Coach Campball to find someone better.

Mitch - what is scary is Twins is so into Iowa he didn’t know about Jase Bauer who plays at Ankeny where Twins lives and is ISU’s new No 1 recruit. I know the family and extended family. He is good but wouldn’t even be a take for ISU even as a legacy had they not had another decommit and Bauer will have the best tandem of WR’s he will ever have now in HS even if he goes to ISU.

Mitch - who is this total idiot 4L or whatever. He actually said Purdy didn’t play his junior year in HS which is why he was only a 3 star. Um he played a full year. That is their recruiting expert? Saying their star QB missed a year in HS with an injury but actually played? Makes Twins look smart and that is saying something.

So their latest decommit didn't notice a storm brewing? I"m sure the fans expect Coach Campball to find someone better.
No, I don't think so.
Alabama stole Texas' QB, so Texas moved fast and took ISUs
Apparently Texas is all about poaching Iowa and ISU recruiting now.

When did Bauer get an Iowa State offer?

Reactions: Jim4edwards
And should say silent/contingent and that contingency happened as their stud recruit is going to Texas as of yesterday.

ISU fans are giddy because they won't lose to Iowa this year. I guess that classifies as breaking the losing streak.

Schools like ISU have experiences like this kid decommitting all the time. ISU gets a verbal and the kid waits until a better offer comes along. Or as in the case of the Illinois rb that committed to ISU after Iowa yanked the offer.

Lower tier P5 schools always have a tough time geting good kids. Having a reputation as bad as ISU is a tough thing to overcome. That's why ISU fans are happy with a 7 or 8 win season.

Last edited:
No, I don't think so.
Alabama stole Texas' QB, so Texas moved fast and took ISUs
Apparently Texas is all about poaching Iowa and ISU recruiting now.
Makes sense since their coach was OC/QB coach at ISU for 3 years.

Actually the weird thing is Texas just got the No. 1 QB recruit in the nation last week and this ISU kid still flipped to Texas. I guess the water isn’t that hood. I assume ISU fans will say he will transfer back, or they didn’t want him, etc. ISU in the last week besides the QB fumble lost their number 1 defensive target to Coastal Carolina. In Iowa, out of the top 10 they have zero, Iowa has 8. I think their recruiting class is like 60. Jesus I thought Matty could recruit. He surely can’t discipline his team or teach OL. Those were are his supposed strengths.

Actually the weird thing is Texas just got the No. 1 QB recruit in the nation last week and this ISU kid still flipped to Texas. I guess the water isn’t that hood. I assume ISU fans will say he will transfer back, or they didn’t want him, etc. ISU in the last week besides the QB fumble lost their number 1 defensive target to Coastal Carolina. In Iowa, out of the top 10 they have zero, Iowa has 8. I think their recruiting class is like 60. Jesus I thought Matty could recruit. He surely can’t discipline his team or teach OL. Those were are his supposed strengths.
Campball is a special teams guru.

Wait... never mind.

ISU fans are giddy because they won't lose to Iowa this year. I guess that classifies as breaking the losing streak.

Schools like ISU have experiences like this kid decommitting all the time. ISU gets a verbal and the kid waits until a better offer comes along. Or as in the case of the Illinois rb that committed to ISU after Iowa yanked the offer.

Lower tier P5 schools always have a tough time geting good kids. Having a reputation as bad as ISU is a tough thing to overcome. That's why ISU fans are happy with a 7 or 8 win season.

The kid that decommitted grew up in Austin and got a UT offer who is his absolute dream school. Don't feel bad about this one at all.

ISU is ranked in the preseason AP poll and has ushered ISU into it's most successful stretch since the 70s. He's not a perfect recruiter but he's clearly good enough.

ISU is ranked in the preseason AP poll and has ushered ISU into it's most successful stretch since the 70s. He's not a perfect recruiter but he's clearly good enough.

Agreed and it's not like Iowa has been just dominating, other than Campbell's first year. Outside of the first year with Campbell, those games could have gone either way. Glad the Hawks came out on top, but this has hardly been a bloodbath of a game in Iowa's favor.

Or... as ISU fans like to say... "If you can't find a HC to meet your expectations, you lower your expectations.

Clearly, ISU fans that like the current coach don't want him to be TOO successful. Cause if that happens, he'll be gone.

Or... as ISU fans like to say... "If you can't find a HC to meet your expectations, you lower your expectations.

Clearly, ISU fans that like the current coach don't want him to be TOO successful. Cause if that happens, he'll be gone.

What should the expectations be at ISU? Do you think Campbell has underperformed?

You can't be serious?

Damn, Herman's last year at ISU was in 2011. Lay off the booze.
So he didn’t establish any connections in his 3 years and wasn’t involved in recruiting to know what kind of players Iowa recruited? Also, he doesn’t pay attention to anyone Iowa recruits.

So he didn’t establish any connections in his 3 years and wasn’t involved in recruiting to know what kind of players Iowa recruited? Also, he doesn’t pay attention to anyone Iowa recruits.
WTF does that have to do with Herman's recruiting. Are you implying he only offered these recruits because ISU and Iowa did? What he did at ISU from 2009-2011 is not relevant.

I think you just like to take a counterpoint and argue.

Stick to what you know something about... whatever the hell that might be.

I don't think he does, no. In the 2020 class, every recruit for UT was from Texas, except one which was from Arizona.

Matty way way way underperformed last year. Favored in 10 games won 7. That is horrible. I heard from ISU fans that Iowa underperformed the year before when we were favored in 9 and won 9. Beat 1 kinda ranked team (Texas at 25). Only idiots like Twins wouldn’t think last year was a disaster. How was ISU against teams with a pulse on defense, I.e., Iowa, KSate, ND? No ISU fans, last year was a total meltdown. And don’t forger need Purdy to fall on a fumble in OF to beat UNI, Texas to Jim offside on a FG to beat them and barely beat Kansas. Losers.

Matty way way way underperformed last year. Favored in 10 games won 7. That is horrible. I heard from ISU fans that Iowa underperformed the year before when we were favored in 9 and won 9. Beat 1 kinda ranked team (Texas at 25). Only idiots like Twins wouldn’t think last year was a disaster. How was ISU against teams with a pulse on defense, I.e., Iowa, KSate, ND? No ISU fans, last year was a total meltdown. And don’t forger need Purdy to fall on a fumble in OF to beat UNI, Texas to Jim offside on a FG to beat them and barely beat Kansas. Losers.

Any time ISU goes to a bowl it's a successful season. Some winnable games were left on the table but that's football.

Tonight. Ankeny vs Ankeny Centennial. Can be streamed for a cost. Ankeny has all the skill players but their lines aren’t great. Not sure there is a free stream. The DM Register streamed a game a week for free last year.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
ADVERTISEMENT