ADVERTISEMENT

Arnold - Naaktgeboren III

js8793

HR All-American
Dec 4, 2018
Gabe won again just now 3-2 TB. Clutch reversal at the end of the first rideout. Came forward the whole match. Was in deep once, but couldn't finish. His length limits him a bit at 182. I'm glad he sees himself as a 174. I also think he'd have more success with head outside shots where he can explode through quickly. Hard to beat a guy that good 3 times, so a lot of credit due.

Also shoutout to the official for showing some serious confidence dealing with the argument on the reversal. Told the coach right away that there's a picture of the position in the rulebook and it's 2 all day. No waffling at all.

Gabe won again just now 3-2 TB. Clutch reversal at the end of the first rideout. Came forward the whole match. Was in deep once, but couldn't finish. His length limits him a bit at 182. I'm glad he sees himself as a 174. I also think he'd have more success with head outside shots where he can explode through quickly. Hard to beat a guy that good 3 times, so a lot of credit due.

Also shoutout to the official for showing some serious confidence dealing with the argument on the reversal. Told the coach right away that there's a picture of the position in the rulebook and it's 2 all day. No waffling at all.
He sees himself as a 174? Curious, I thought I had read that wasn't his likely landing spot.

Nice win BTW!

His dad mentioned that he is walking around at 180 right now without cutting
Seems like a better fit for him at his height but might create a log jam for us in 2 years with him and Riggins possibly. This makes 184 a huge priority for us in the portal after next year.

Riggins? That is not a log jam.

We should be looking in the portal at 184 THIS off-season.
That remains to be seen. It wasn't too long ago we were talking about multiple AA finishes and championships for Abe.
It hasn't really worked out that way... but the next "next guy" will.

He’ll be 174. That for sure now. It’s funny, the more and more you wrestle the same person the more they learn. Still areas to improve.

He was also name Tournament OW. Back to the Lab. Back to work.
Hey coach, wanted to ask a bit about his training and maybe his best off-season lifts etc.? Kid looks like an ox! Would like to show my kid who is a 10th grader 172 here in NY. He has a couple of more years to try and jump levels. I am hoping to get him to 200+ for football next season, then possible wrestle at 189. He is currently only 5' 8' How tall is Gabe also? Thanks

Hey coach, wanted to ask a bit about his training and maybe his best off-season lifts etc.? Kid looks like an ox! Would like to show my kid who is a 10th grader 172 here in NY. He has a couple of more years to try and jump levels. I am hoping to get him to 200+ for football next season, then possible wrestle at 189. He is currently only 5' 8' How tall is Gabe also? Thanks
Gabe stands an overrated 5’8 also. His lifting regimen is pretty limited. He hits the weights weekly with his team, but outside of that it’s all about body weight workouts. Push ups, sit ups, pull ups. We keep an airdyne in the garage that he tortures regularly. He walks around now around 180, but eats clean and A LOT.

He only LOOKS big. He has a 7th sense that alerts to when a camera is going to snap a picture and has trained all his muscles to contract, thus making him larger than he appears.

Gabe stands an overrated 5’8 also. His lifting regimen is pretty limited. He hits the weights weekly with his team, but outside of that it’s all about body weight workouts. Push ups, sit ups, pull ups. We keep an airdyne in the garage that he tortures regularly. He walks around now around 180, but eats clean and A LOT.

He only LOOKS big. He has a 7th sense that alerts to when a camera is going to snap a picture and has trained all his muscles to contract, thus making him larger than he appears.
LOL, That was really funny. I did not think he was very tall but he looks taller then 5' 8". He also looks pretty jacked so whatever work he is doing, keep it up! Can not wait to see him doing damage as a HAWK!!! Thanks for the reply.

So if you won't expound on your claim that he's overrated, then why even make it? Apparently you have no desire to post intelligently and be a respectful part of this board. I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, thinking that you might have made changes to your JTS past, and for a while it seemed like you had, but the past few days have shown that you have zero credibility. Do you really have nothing better to do with your time? Be a positive, productive person in the world! At the end of your life do you really want to be able to say that you spent thousands of hours trying to aggravate othes? Sad.

So if you won't expound on your claim that he's overrated, then why even make it? Apparently you have no desire to post intelligently and be a respectful part of this board. I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, thinking that you might have made changes to your JTS past, and for a while it seemed like you had, but the past few days have shown that you have zero credibility. Do you really have nothing better to do with your time? Be a positive, productive person in the world! At the end of your life do you really want to be able to say that you spent thousands of hours trying to aggravate othes? Sad.
Did you even get the post you goober? It was a play off of his tweet that Starocci is overrated. As far as if I really believe that or not, I've put ZERO thought into it. Now if you ask me if I'm concerned that he's going to Iowa or saddened he's not going to PSU....the answer is absolutely not. Sorry...that's just how I feel.

Last edited:

Thanks, Coach!

So hard for me watching these two go at it. So happy Gabe is a Hawk. He probably my favorite recruit coming in! Little worried about Kueter football and size. But I also really like Tate and his family. Class act family that did a lot for my son. Nothing but respect from me for Tate and his family just shocked he is not a Hawk.

Said it before and I'll say it again. PSU kids are great because they come in as top 10 PFP kids with worlds of confidence to get it done. Guess what we are getting one in Gabe. When it's all said and done he will prove to be the crown jewel of this recruiting class. He's coming to take heads along the way, love every ****ing thing about this kid, mostly that he wants nothing but to wear the black and gold... stand back boys, heavy equipment in operation. Can't wait till he fully injects himself into the lineip

Reactions: Sdwrestler_20
Said it before and I'll say it again. PSU kids are great because they come in as top 10 PFP kids with worlds of confidence to get it done. Guess what we are getting one in Gabe. When it's all said and done he will prove to be the crown jewel of this recruiting class. He's coming to take heads along the way, love every ****ing thing about this kid, mostly that he wants nothing but to wear the black and gold... stand back boys, heavy equipment in operation. Can't wait till he fully injects himself into the lineip

Now we just need five or six more, and we need to develop them, and we will compete with PSU.

Reactions: tosal563
I enjoy Gabe immensely and really look forward to his ethic and personality. I see him in the same mindset as Spencer. Set your goals and tell yourself everyday positives about those goals. Negativity has no place when striving for the best. Appreciate his dad and the insight he provides. These are the things that will get Iowa back on top as it is infectious.

@ao_coachphil can you get cousin J'Den to come wrestle for the HWC??
ANYTHING is worth asking, and it has been, and will continue to be. He and his cousin are very close. That being said, I'm sure he'll continue to make appearances here in IC to check on Gabe and smash him around a bit. In Gabe's mind, he actually things he'll be able to whip him soon..... Dream big, right?

about the over rated comment, i think it's really the opposite. he had a rough month last year, without that he would be rated higher and i feel he is going to become a beast when he grows into those jeans he is wearing.what we have seen out of the kid, while pretty darn good will pale when he becomes a man.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
ADVERTISEMENT