ADVERTISEMENT

***Arrest*** Bohannon related

at4iowa

HB All-American
Gold Member
Jan 20, 2002
PELLA - The Marion County Sherriff's Department has arrested Patrick van Brick on charges of jinxing, disorderly conduct and animal cruelty after a bizarre night in this normally quiet Dutch town. Police were called to van Brick's home shortly after 10 PM last night. According to 911 dispatch, van Brick's wife, Darla, called police when he "reached 'nuclear' on the Fran-Con Meter" and she feared for her safety after he had kicked their dog, Lil Lick and threatened to smash their 40 inch plasma TV.

When police arrived, van Brick was standing in his front yard wearing his lucky black and gold overalls and a tattered "Vanilla Gorilla" t-shirt. He was mumbling to himself and smelled of Dr. Pepper. Also present was van Brick's friend and co-worker Steve von Alfraud. According to Mr. von Alfraud, the night started fairly normally, but took a turn for the worse when Jordan Bohannon missed a wide open baseline 3 pointer. "I heard Brick'r say 'that's in' just before JBo released it. At first I was like 'did he just jinx JBo?', but I let it slide." However, it did not end there. "Everytime JBo shot it, Brick'r would say 'money' or 'that's 3' and the jinxin' just got worse." That's when van Brick quickly climbed the Fran-Con Meter.

Mr. van Brick and Mr. von Alfraud work together as black and gold glass tinters at the local Pella window factory. "Me and him go back many years, but I haven't seen him this mad since Jake Christensen threw 2 interceptions against Western Michigan. Actually, Brick'r does get pretty fired up a lot"

According to the Sherriff's Department, van Brick was released from custody and is scheduled to appear in court tomorrow. When we called his home this morning, a man, assumed to be van Brick, simply stated "He WAS automatic. And Keegan needs more minutes." He then hung up the phone.

Jordan Bohannon received a parking citation for his role in this unfortunate incident. Stay tuned for more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News