ADVERTISEMENT

Arrests of the Traitors coming in now

What is inexcusable is two things.
1) this happened
2) the lack of adequate security allowed it to. There is no way in hell an angry mob that is largely unarmed should be allowed to take the capital.
And, I believe there is going to be a serious, in depth inquiry as to why the Capitol police were so poorly prepared for this coup. It certainly was NO secret....Trump advertised it in December....and it was all over the internet too. Plus.....you think there might have been a clue or two with all those videos of Trumpanzees enroute to DC vis air, bus and train the days before, harassing politicians....

They brought a noose to hang the Vice President so it seems a safe assumption those who committed crimes at the Capital are pro hanging. Pence didn't even commit a crime and they were ready to carry out 'swift justice' without a trial.
There is no evidence this was more than a prop. Convince me otherwise.

No need to crowd prisons. Trial/Conviction/Execution. Hell, doesn't even need to be in that order.
You only feel this way bc you’d like to kill those that disagree with you. Glad you folks on the left have finally come around to believing in our constitution.

What did we do with Timothy Mc Veigh? Mary Serott? Julius and Ethyl Rosenberg?
In today's world, we'd just inject them.
Well only you are actually old enough to have actually met Mary Serrot. I don’t give the same weight to the crimes if the other day to planning and successfully killing a president more than a century ago.

Anything else you think is worthy of the death penalty?

Those who rape or murder of children.
what is the line too far for trump and his supporters where you will call for accountability in what they say and what they do?

Last edited:
There is no evidence this was more than a prop. Convince me otherwise.
There is a link on page 4 about it. I saw video on the news this morning of a large group chanting 'Hang Mike Pence.' Pretty shocking considering most likely voted for him.

what is the line too far for trump and his supporters where you will call for accountability in what they say and what they do?

Weird haw-key disappeared so quickly after failing to get me in one of his “gotchas” and is silent when i shift focus to his line for Trump and his supporters to cross amwhere he would hold them to some sort of accountability

he was pretty quick to respond to my other replies to him

@haw-key whered you go?
What is the line Trump and his supporters would have to cross for you to hold them accountable for their actions?

What is inexcusable is two things.
1) this happened
2) the lack of adequate security allowed it to. There is no way in hell an angry mob that is largely unarmed should be allowed to take the capital.

i trust that you’d agree that there should be a “Benghazi level” investigation of all who played a role in the decision-making for staffing security for the day, including testimony from those who sought additional personnel and those who declined those requests. And why the disparity in security staffing from the protests this Summer to those of last week. Right?

10 years no parol...

Let's play a fun game...

Guess the wiki article.

... believed that the treaty was a betrayal, with the country having been "stabbed in the back" by its own government, particularly as the German Army was popularly thought to have been undefeated in the field. Germany, it was felt, had been betrayed by civilian leaders and Marxists....

Well only you are actually old enough to have actually met Mary Serrot. I don’t give the same weight to the crimes if the other day to planning and successfully killing a president more than a century ago.
Traitor is traitor. Death is the ultimate penalty....Long prison terms are acceptable too. Whoever is responsible for killing the Capital policeman needs to never see the light of freedom again. If it was the act of a single person, fine....if it was the act of 20 people...fine. Minimum of life in prison....maximum of sending them to Terre Haute and a date with the deep sleep.

I’m on board with that. I’m just tired of the group on here that think people need to die for this.
Presuming most of that is the heat of the moment. I think prison is the right call here.

I do think it’s absurd police/security didn’t use MUCH more aggressive tactics in the moment, though. Rubber bullets, tear gas, bean bag guns, tasers, etc. It is sickening our well-funded law enforcement apparatus failed utterly to protect our Capitol.

Anything else you think is worthy of the death penalty?
I advocated at the time that back in 2008 when the banks collapsed the housing market, that one or two bankers should have been hung at High Noon on Wall Street, just to show the rest of them (the bankers) that this theft was not going to be tolerated. Bankers are as a group are pretty smart fellows and would have figured it out....but there have to be examples made. Kinda like the Romand did to Christ.....Capitalism is a religion for many bankers. ;)

Presuming most of that is the heat of the moment. I think prison is the right call here.

I do think it’s absurd police/security didn’t use MUCH more aggressive tactics in the moment, though. Rubber bullets, tear gas, bean bag guns, tasers, etc. It is sickening our well-funded law enforcement apparatus failed utterly to protect our Capitol.
It’s crazy that 25 cops dressed as storm troopers show up to routine drug warrants but the Capitol police SWAT, even with intelligence of credible threats, were dressed as if they were cosplaying the teenage mutant ninja turtles’ foot clan and only had an asp and some capsaicin.

torbee...I think it is entirely possible that a few "decision makers" in the Capital Police were complicit with Trump and a few of the coup's organizers. Not to say they were...but I would certainly think this possibility needs to be fully vetted. Honest to God...there is NOTHING that my President would not do to stay in power....nothing! My President could give two shits as to what the Constitution says...or means when it comes to his well-being.

Reactions: Tom Paris
torbee...I think it is entirely possible that a few "decision makers" in the Capital Police were complicit with Trump and a few of the coup's organizers. Not to say they were...but I would certainly think this possibility needs to be fully vetted. Honest to God...there is NOTHING that my President would not do to stay in power....nothing! My President could give two shits as to what the Constitution says...or means when it comes to his well-being.
I tend to lean toward incompetence before conspiracy. And I think there may have been bad actors among the LEOs, but I would be surprised if it was some well thought out strategy.

I tend to lean toward incompetence before conspiracy. And I think there may have been bad actors among the LEOs, but I would be surprised if it was some well thought out strategy.
I think there were players calling the shots much higher and the LEOs at the Capitol had no option to use force to quell the surge.

I think there were players calling the shots much higher and the LEOs at the Capitol had no option to use force to quell the surge.
There obviously wasn't the correct manpower from the security standpoint, but the other thing to consider was you end up using extra manpower when you arrest someone. It likely takes at least 2-3 cops to arrest, detain, and remove someone being arrested.

Make no mistake where the blame lies here. The President incited this fiasco and then retreated to his bunker to watch the show.

You only feel this way bc you’d like to kill those that disagree with you. Glad you folks on the left have finally come around to believing in our constitution.
If you're referencing the riots last summer and trying to compare the bad actors in these two events... it's an apples to oranges comparison. But you already know that.

The domestic terrorists that invaded the Capitol are getting exactly what they deserve. Elected lawmakers that encouraged their actions should either resign or be removed. This week's attack ranks right there with 9-11.

ADVERTISEMENT