ADVERTISEMENT

Article on CJ and how he took being a back up

While I highly doubt SF let's JG walk, you truly never know. I suspect JG is gonna make stupid money no matter who he winds up signing with.

CJ, honestly, I thought he played a lot more than I ever thought he'd get the chance to. He earned himself at the very least an NFL backup job for 4-5 years at the very absolute least.

Keep learning, work on your game, be ready. There's a lot of other teams out there needing starting QB's too.

Sounds like he is staying classy and continuing to learn. Could do a lot worse for a career than being a back up QB in the NFL

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/going-bench-beathard-continued-learn-185108450.html
He better stay classy and work hard to get alot better if he doesn't want to be a career backup. There is some hype and politics involved with CJ given his family lineage. JG is MUCH better than Beathard and has an obvious effect on the culture of the team toward leadership and winning. I don't hate Beathard but the Hawkeye love blinders are skewing the accurate assessment of Beathard. He may get better, but he may not too.

Reactions: bhawk24bob
He better stay classy and work hard to get alot better if he doesn't want to be a career backup. There is some hype and politics involved with CJ given his family lineage. JG is MUCH better than Beathard and has an obvious effect on the culture of the team toward leadership and winning. I don't hate Beathard but the Hawkeye love blinders are skewing the accurate assessment of Beathard. He may get better, but he may not too.
I'm guessing CJ is way ahead of JG his rookie year

Lol, WTF are you talking about?

No one thinks CJ is better than Garapaloe.

Seems to me allot of Iowa fans actually have a weird ax to grind with the kid.

Imo hes clearly the overall most talented QB of the KF era but wasnt real durable.

He was thrust into a shitty situation and came out looking OK, but not great. I think he could have a decent career ahead of him but imo he was not setup for success with that team at that point in the season.

Reactions: HawkweyeinSATX

I read through all the posts, please quote the post or posts with “Hawkeye love blinders”

What a weird take. Jesus.

If they are countless could you quote a few? Sorry I missed them wasn’t that I wasn’t “thinking before I post”
My observations and things I hear from hawk fans aren't limited to this message board. That would include opinions about Beathard. I don't need to quote anything to prove my take.

Lol, WTF are you talking about?

No one thinks CJ is better than Garapaloe.

Seems to me allot of Iowa fans actually have a weird ax to grind with the kid.

Imo hes clearly the overall most talented QB of the KF era but wasnt real durable.
Your last sentence is utter insanity. Did you post this from the psych ward?

I am on topic. You're post is directed at me and not on the thread topic. YOU stick to the thread topic. Stop posting all altogether.

Your not you’re. It’s the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you’re shit. Please think before you post.

Last edited:
Reactions: JStandefer
CJ played decent for the Niners considering he was knocked on his ass 75% of the passing downs. Jimmy G is obviously a head of CJ at this point, course, he has been in the league learning behind Brady for a few years. CJ will get his chance, someday when Jimmy G goes down, or after his contract is up and he signs with another team as a free agent. Learning from Shanahan will make CJ better.

He is just a rookie.

While I highly doubt SF let's JG walk, you truly never know. I suspect JG is gonna make stupid money no matter who he winds up signing with.

CJ, honestly, I thought he played a lot more than I ever thought he'd get the chance to. He earned himself at the very least an NFL backup job for 4-5 years at the very absolute least.

Keep learning, work on your game, be ready. There's a lot of other teams out there needing starting QB's too.
There is a zero percent chance that they let JG walk.

There is a zero percent chance that they let JG walk.

I'm tempted to agree...but the NFL is funny about QB salaries, and SF has a LOT of needs aside from QB.

Whether they have to franchise tag or can sign him long term I think will tell us what they really think of him. Brees and Cousins will be out there as unrestricted FA's too, potentially jacking up the price for all QB's.

You just never know nowadays...but I believe he'll be a 49'er at the very least next year.

Wow, what a douchenozzle. Must still be harboring anger and resentment for the Hawks not living up to some goofy standard you have.

There are countless opinions on Beathard outside of this brief thread about him. Please think before you post.
Take your own advice.

My observations and things I hear from hawk fans aren't limited to this message board. That would include opinions about Beathard. I don't need to quote anything to prove my take.

So your drunk buddy Jeb is who you are referring to. And how does one prove a 'take'?
This ****nut is precisely why I paid a subscription for over a decade and never visited anything but the Lounge. This place is full of nutjobs, morons, and guys a half step away from shooting up a school. Look in mirror.

Sounds like he is staying classy and continuing to learn. Could do a lot worse for a career than being a back up QB in the NFL

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/going-bench-beathard-continued-learn-185108450.html
I watched every game CJ played in for the 49ers and for a third round rookie quarterback he didn't look half bad. Course Garoppolo is going to look better he's been playing in the league for for 5 Years Learning from Tom Brady. That doesn't mean CJ can't be a great quarterback. I'm not saying he's a great quarterback right now however it's up to him how far he wants to go.

Reactions: amahawk
Your last sentence is utter insanity. Did you post this from the psych ward?

And theres the weird Ax to grind. Its just strange.

Whats with the butt hurt? Its a bad look.

Who else has started an nfl game?

I really dont think that its even that debatable. When healthy CJ had a great arm and great mobility. Id entertain a case for Tate I guess.

Unlikely that CJ will be a long term starter in the league, but stranger things have happened.
If he can stay on a regular roster as a back up for 5+ years that would be a nice outcome for him financially.

Reactions: amahawk
Wow, what a douchenozzle. Must still be harboring anger and resentment for the Hawks not living up to some goofy standard you have.

Take your own advice.

So your drunk buddy Jeb is who you are referring to. And how does one prove a 'take'?
This ****nut is precisely why I paid a subscription for over a decade and never visited anything but the Lounge. This place is full of nutjobs, morons, and guys a half step away from shooting up a school. Look in mirror.
Expecting success from a returning starter is not a goofy standard. When yer done pumping yer neighbors cat you can pay for another subscription and stay in the lounge.

I dont need to quote anything or say who I think the most talented KF era QB is. I've moved on from this topic, you should too. Change yer depends.

You sure have an odd way of interpreting other posts. This is not at all the sentiment I've taken from CJ posts the last couple of years.

I'd say when it comes down to how their QB skills and measurables translated to the NFL game, you'd have to say CJ Bethard was our best hands down, then Long (Hayden), then Stanzi, then Tate with Banks taking last place (Tate had a much better career in Canada then Banks).

Hoyer was a 6 year vet that CJ beat out as true rookie to win the starting job at San Fran. I think that's impressive and bodes well for him becoming a starter in the league at some point. After all, its not like Jimmy Garapolo burned up the league as Brady's under study before finally getting his shot.CJ is ahead of Jimmy after Jimmy's first year.

Stanzi did not play a snap in the league but bounced around several teams for 4 years.

Banks didn't play a snap as QB in the NFL cut by the Skins his rookie year, playing in Canada for 5-6 years before descending to the Barnstormers to finish his career. I think he was 5'10" tops.

As far as who was KFs best college QB player, its a toss up between Banks and CJ (if you force me, clearly Banks won more post season accolades) with Stanzi a close third in spite of Stanzi being the only one of the 3 to win a BCS level bowl game, with both CJ and Banks losing theirs. Having said that, I'm not sure Tate wasn't the best one of my all time favorite Hawkeye QBs.

Last edited:
Case Keenum and Nick Foles were backups coming into this season.......

Tom Brady was a #2 starting his 2nd year in the NFL.

Kurt Warner was a #2 for several years before getting his break.

Do I need to even list any of the plethora of high draft pick QB's that were crowned #1 and never heard from again?

I'd say 2nd string QB in the NFL is a pretty sweet gig.

Reactions: BCRoss89
I watched every game CJ played in for the 49ers and for a third round rookie quarterback he didn't look half bad. Course Garoppolo is going to look better he's been playing in the league for for 5 Years Learning from Tom Brady. That doesn't mean CJ can't be a great quarterback. I'm not saying he's a great quarterback right now however it's up to him how far he wants to go.

Yes at this point no one knows. It said something for Beathard that he made the active roster and that the team went to him after Hoyer faltered. Garappalo played better, that's not even debatable. I would imagine that the 49ers will make every effort to sign Garapallo long-term. If they do, Beathard will be first in line to be the backup going forward, although he'll likely have to beat out some draft pick or FA signing to do so. Welcome to the NFL, where every year competition surfaces.

But all together Beathard had a great first year in the NFL. Made an active roster, started some games. Showed enough that at the very least the 49ers or other teams would make him their backup, and with more development could be a starter. If he can get 4 years in the league I think that makes him eligible for the NFL pension (I could easily be wrong).

Reactions: BCRoss89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT