ADVERTISEMENT

Arujau going 125

Like the Luther Open?

Besides, it remains to be seen how many of those wrestlers will actually wrestle in the tournament.
Maybe you should ask the Kids at the Luther Open that wrestled Marinelli, Eireman and DeSanto if they thought it was tougher or not.

vito has beaten suriano in the 2 matches that i'm aware of. 1 freestyle and 1 folkstyle. he and glory split their freshman year, but vito outplaced him and beat picc who then beat glory for 5th. vito has also had better results than glory since then. definitely enough there to say "likely finishes 4th" isn't accurate. he's a toss up against suriano and a favorite against glory imo.
Looks like Nicky Pushups should stay at 133 where he has better results then (maybe he thought Vito was going 133 and thought better of meeting up with him.............). Vito on full feed or Spencer with no ACL's, tough call........😏

Maybe you should ask the Kids at the Luther Open that wrestled Marinelli, Eireman and DeSanto if they thought it was tougher or not.
just being obtuse at this point. there are levels to "toughness." by its own standards, midlands is not likely to be a tough tournament this year if its biggest name teams don't send their full lineup. 1 team doesn't make a tournament tough.

Reactions: slushhead
Interesting that you reference prior matches betwen Vito and Spencer, and Vito and Glory, but don't mention the prior match between Vito and Suriano. Why is that?

Speaking of "looks great," did you notice that Vito, wrestling up a weight class, beat the guy from Stanford 14-3, while the week before Fix beat the same guy 7-3?
You would think Iowa fans would have better match by match comparative scores and historical memories of Cornell Wrestler's than they do wouldn't ya? The audacity! LOL!

Yeah, and while I’m at it, I could ask Shriever’s dad, too. I heard he thought it was so tough at the end there he almost pissed himself in fear.

C’mon man. A tournament is not by definition “tough” just because a top team (or portion thereof) is there. Maybe Michigan will have a good turnout and make it competitive. Otherwise, I’m leaning toward Southern Scuffle (OkieSt, NC State, VaTech, Cornell, Mizzou) having more firepower and more competitive brackets.

I’ll tip my cap to Midlands 165 if Marinelli, Wick, Wentzel, and C. Amine all go.

Reactions: cheddarwurst69
just being obtuse at this point. there are levels to "toughness." by its own standards, midlands is not likely to be a tough tournament this year if its biggest name teams don't send their full lineup. 1 team doesn't make a tournament tough.
You've cracked the case Sherlock. Great job.

Pretty sure I just stated people can debate the level of tough all they want, and Shazam, here you are doing just that. Weird.

Reactions: pml_dad and Gobblin
Yeah, and while I’m at it, I could ask Shriever’s dad, too. I heard he thought it was so tough at the end there he almost pissed himself in fear.

C’mon man. A tournament is not by definition “tough” just because a top team (or portion thereof) is there. Maybe Michigan will have a good turnout and make it competitive. Otherwise, I’m leaning toward Southern Scuffle (OkieSt, NC State, VaTech, Cornell, Mizzou) having more firepower and more competitive brackets.

I’ll tip my cap to Midlands 165 if Marinelli, Wick, Wentzel, and C. Amine all go.
You can debate with your BWI buddies. Good luck.

At this point you are debating yourself, but if you are making a comparison you could say they are both tough tournaments. Easily as tough as some conference tournaments!

You've cracked the case Sherlock. Great job.

Pretty sure I just stated people can debate the level of tough all they want, and Shazam, here you are doing just that. Weird.
"any tournament with iowa is tough" backpedaling to "well sure not every tournament with iowa is the same amount of tough"

what was the point of posting in the first place? do we need to preface every discussion about tournaments with "all college tournaments are tough?" is this an all tournaments matter board?

Interesting that you reference prior matches betwen Vito and Spencer, and Vito and Glory, but don't mention the prior match between Vito and Suriano. Why is that?

Speaking of "looks great," did you notice that Vito, wrestling up a weight class, beat the guy from Stanford 14-3, while the week before Fix beat the same guy 7-3?
Well I mentioned the Spencer v Vitali cause Vitali is an excellent freestyle wrestler and was *ss raped by Spencer in their only meeting. I don’t recall Suriano and Vitali wrestling in college ( I recall Vitali upsetting him in freestyle in 2019). I don’t believe they’ve competed in folk style since Super 32 ( won by Suriano). Spencer is a 3 X NCAA champ, Suriano is a Champ and a 2 X finalist. Glory won their last head to head meeting. If they seeded the tourney today Vitali would be the number 4 seed. Plenty can change between now and March with health, weight cut etc.

So much drama with this team it’s annoying. Who is hurt, who hasn’t developed and which Iowa wrestler is going to wrestle when? ****ing wrestle, I’m about to break my Kevin Dresser signed orange and send it to this powderpuff drama team. Iowa looks like shit because they are. Not a chance in hell they finish better than third this year. Book it.

Last edited:
So much drama with this team it’s annoying. Who is hurt, who hasn’t developed and which Iowa wrestler is going to wrestle when? ****ing wrestle, I’m about to break my Kevin Dresser signed orange and send it to this powderpuff drama team. Iowa looks like shit because they are. Not a chance in hell they finish better than third this year. Book it.
There is only perceived drama by drama queens like yourself.

I don't know about it being quite this but after being the best team the past two years I'm not feeling the eye of the tiger so far this year.

Dude, you need to relax and have a nice bourbon or maybe some of Dubs private stash. Damn

Reactions: TNTwrestle
I like Vito but he has to wrestle the type of match that I don't think he can vs Spencer. He has the speed but has to stall and work from the outside and pick one or two real good situations, score, and run the rest of the match. I don't know if thats in him which actually speaks well of him and his style.

I like Vito but he has to wrestle the type of match that I don't think he can vs Spencer. He has the speed but has to stall and work from the outside and pick one or two real good situations, score, and run the rest of the match. I don't know if thats in him which actually speaks well of him and his style.
This pretty much sums up Freestyle and the way many Russians wrestle, in spurts and quick scores, then be good defenders with solid technique and mat awareness. Or, stall out, if you will.
Vito’s style is much more accustomed to free than folk.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
No way in hell they'll finish better than 3rd? You talking sh*t, or are you willing to put a couple bucks where your mouth is? I'll go whatever amount up to $100 towards your charity if Iowa is 3rd or worse at NCAAs if you agree to put the same amount towards the HWC if they finish 1st or 2nd.

I totally understand if you're just giving lip service, but if your serious let's gamble...

The ONLY way ANY of these turkeys could be Lee is. 1) Lee is way less then 100% 2) They are able to avoid bottom. 3) They can stall their asses off and hope to steal a very tight match.

None of them are offensive juggernauts on their feet in my opinion. So they are in no way playing a takedown let him up game. They also are not close to being as good on the mat. I believe none could hold Lee down, much less turn him. Whereas, he can turn all of them.

So they would have to stall from feet, maybe try and get a TD and hold a 1-2 point lead. Avoid taking down, stall some more.

Hoping we see Lee soon and he is looking like his dominate self. Then all questions will be answered!

Not going to lie it is a concern for me about Spencer. Look at last year’s championship match and while it was never in doubt he still didn’t look right in that match. A tournament setting could be hard on his knees and they could swell up and cause him problems. Then again Spencer is probably the best wrestler I have seen live so time will tell.

Can’t fix stupid.

Can’t fix stupid.
Sans got ya.
No way in hell they'll finish better than 3rd? You talking sh*t, or are you willing to put a couple bucks where your mouth is? I'll go whatever amount up to $100 towards your charity if Iowa is 3rd or worse at NCAAs if you agree to put the same amount towards the HWC if they finish 1st or 2nd.

I totally understand if you're just giving lip service, but if your serious let's gamble...
Make it a double. Sans is coy.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
You must have hit the sauce early yesterday

Not going to lie it is a concern for me about Spencer. Look at last year’s championship match and while it was never in doubt he still didn’t look right in that match. A tournament setting could be hard on his knees and they could swell up and cause him problems. Then again Spencer is probably the best wrestler I have seen live so time will tell.
It was a fresh injury last year and that's why he was having so much trouble. The one he tore for the second time 2 years before was doing fine. Part of the reasoning behind not getting them fixed is that there is a better chance than not that they could tear again and when it's a fresh injury it causes a lot more trouble with swelling etc. I'm not worried about the ACLs, just that no other parts of the knee have an issue.

Reactions: UndercoverHawk
Dake moving up to face Taylor was one of, if not the, ballsiest moves I've ever seen in college wrestling. Imagine the confidence one must have to move up in weight so you can take on the returning Hodge Trophy winner. That was a match for the ages.
AdolescentHatefulFirefly-max-1mb.gif

ADVERTISEMENT