ADVERTISEMENT

As a fan base we can not lose sight of….

As much I want BF gone, I’ve come to realization nothing would change. The old school offense will still exist as that’s KF’s style.

regardless things are not great on that side and something has to change.
I think we will see some change. Like hopefully no more end arounds that have worked 2% of the time this year. Different route combinations and scheming teams differently. I can live with the run heavy ball control and play action offense but bringing in someone from the outside can help in so many ways in this offense. For example, we brought in Greg Davis and put in the out short of the first down market. Not a great change but a change nonetheless!!!

Last edited:
As much I want BF gone, I’ve come to realization nothing would change. The old school offense will still exist as that’s KF’s style.

I don't have a problem with the "old-school" offense. I DO have a problem with the quality of player development on the offensive side. There isn't an offensive coach other than Betts that should be retained. And KF is where all the offensive woes start and end. His risk-averse philosophy throttles the aggressiveness needed to have any kind of successful offense. They will never get high-end skill players on offense as long as he is overseeing the offense.

Firing Brian.

If we want to talk about body of work then he has to be the worst OC and QB coach in America. Love the hawks winning and performing but we can be so much better with a better OC and QB coach in the future if we #FireBrian
Give it a rest, let the season play out. Glad the players and coaches haven't folded the tent like numerous posters on this site. Notice I said contributors because I believe there are trolls on this site stirring the pot.

On to Wisconsin, they are playing better also.

For me...one game at a time. I hope we play well against Wisconsin and get the win. Things could be quite interesting if that happens. Should the Hawks win out....I think it may be a good thing as it will set Brian up to make a positive move elsewhere. For me, that's the best outcome. I don't see him getting fired.

Give it a rest, let the season play out. Glad the players and coaches haven't folded the tent like numerous posters on this site. Notice I said contributors because I believe there are trolls on this site stirring the pot.

On to Wisconsin, they are playing better also.
Why would fans give firing Brian a rest? He is the absolute worst and we can be so much better.

Reactions: General Tso
Firing Brian.

If we want to talk about body of work then he has to be the worst OC and QB coach in America. Love the hawks winning and performing but we can be so much better with a better OC and QB coach in the future if we #FireBrian
The guy won’t be fired but in no way should he be involved with coaching QB’s and calling plays. I’m sure if Iowa wins out the AD will crow how the season was a success and everyone including himself gets a raise. They are a bunch of lingerer’s.

Reactions: BrunoMars420

As a fan base we can not lose sight of….​

Please don't include me in your "fan base" pretty boy. Actually, there is a real possibility that you and your fellow ship jumpers may be in the "hysterical/hair on fire" minority.
Ok you are part of the Ferentz fluffer fan base. I am just being realistic of the body of work of Bry Guy. If you can’t see how much better we would be with an avg QB and offense then that’s on you man or woman. More than likely we would be top of the West holding the keys to the championship game.

Reactions: BioHawk and ichawks

This is the real insight. While the media loves to pounce on the nepotism story, and sure, BF has a lot more job security than most, the reality is KF is the CEO and its his vision for the style of play and will only allow "nibbling around the edges."

Reactions: frydaze
I don't have a problem with the "old-school" offense. I DO have a problem with the quality of player development on the offensive side. There isn't an offensive coach other than Betts that should be retained. And KF is where all the offensive woes start and end. His risk-averse philosophy throttles the aggressiveness needed to have any kind of successful offense. They will never get high-end skill players on offense as long as he is overseeing the offense.
This is a risk, as we already struggle to recruit high end skill position talent, the door will shut on future potential.

There are things we can do with our old school offense to modernize it and help attract more elite skill player talent. (KF will have to push outside his comfort zone, a little)

Last edited:
Reactions: nu2u and grayhair81
I’m pleased to see progress has been made, but the fact remains that the season started two months ago. Those games counted too, and what we saw on the field was unacceptable.
Yesterday's result doesn't excuse the turd they laid against ISU and Illinois with a veteran QB.

But I will be impressed with the coaches if Iowa wins out.

Yesterday's result doesn't excuse the turd they laid against ISU and Illinois with a veteran QB.

But I will be impressed with the coaches if Iowa wins out.
It’s Iowa. Another year of what could’ve been if only………..

I think it's set up. it's a false flag by the powers that be. they are distracting us with the brian thing while they destroy bigger and better things

IMO the best outcome for the program would be to keep winning and improving, and seeing BF offered an NFL gig after the season.
I am a huge NFL fan, mainly the bills. the jets game may be a little tough today, but, this guy is not going to be offered a gig in the nfl that I can think of off the top of my head.

It really doesn’t matter what happens the rest of the way. I would bet posting rights BF is out regardless of the season results. Going to the nfl 100%

Firing Brian.

Even if things continued as bad as the first 7 games showed, he wasn't leaving Iowa. At most, KF would have split OC duties between him and Budmayer-- making one run game Coordinator and the other Pass Coordinator-- sort of like just shuffling the same old furniture to different spots in the living room.

Reactions: MitchLL
It really doesn’t matter what happens the rest of the way. I would bet posting rights BF is out regardless of the season results. Going to the nfl 100%
What NFL team hires a guy whose the primary defendant in a racial laced lawsuit from former players? Until that clears his name, he's not being hired by anyone else.

What NFL team hires a guy whose the primary defendant in a racial laced lawsuit from former players? Until that clears his name, he's not being hired by anyone else.
My understanding is he basically was on his way out last year to the nfl. Was retained for just 1 more year.

My understanding is he basically was on his way out last year to the nfl. Was retained for just 1 more year.
He TRIED to exit to the NFL after last year-- he was unsuccessful. Guess why?

BF is a good position coach guy, I'm not arguing he doesn't have value out there for an NFL team as a position coach. I am saying no NFL team is going to introduce him as a new coach with the lawsuit hanging over his head.

we had a UT kicker on the radio here in austin named jeff ward , who btw would talk about having nightmares about the hawks destroying UT in a bowl in like 1984, but anyway....

he used to talk about trying out for the oilers. they had a "towel boy" , like a guy in the locker room who handed out towels. not much else. he said they got more at UT in the way of tennis shoes and stuff , uniforms, but at the oilers it was bare bones, no hand outs, no freebies.

I could see BF being the towel boy. pushing a cart around of stinky used towels.

it worked out well for doyle in the nfl
Exactly. He lasted one day because the backlash was so severe. And Doyle will never again get a job with a college or NFL team.

Too many really good coaches out there to hire for a team to hire a guy that currently has a stain on his name.

Many players in the lawsuit have changed their story against Brian. I believe he has filed a motion with the court to have his name removed from the lawsuit. FWIW
And doesn’t change the fact that until his name is completely cleared, he’s going nowhere.

As a fan base we can not lose sight of….​

Please don't include me in your "fan base" pretty boy. Actually, there is a real possibility that you and your fellow ship jumpers may be in the "hysterical/hair on fire" minority.

6v7xg66y9y081.jpg

Exactly. Iowa fans have hated every OC and we will hate whomever replaces Brian unless KF completely stays out of the way and allows a new style of play, and that ain't happening.

Reactions: QChawks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT