ADVERTISEMENT

As a fan base we can not lose sight of….

Ok you are part of the Ferentz fluffer fan base. I am just being realistic of the body of work of Bry Guy. If you can’t see how much better we would be with an avg QB and offense then that’s on you man or woman. More than likely we would be top of the West holding the keys to the championship game.
I defended them as much as anyone. Hell, in a lot of ways I still do but at some point you have to look at results. I'm not talking about just this season, but after 6 seasons not once will Iowa have had an offense that would be considered "good" by anyone. The best offense Iowa has had under Brian's tenure is what, 80th?

Reactions: BrunoMars420
I'm not sure Bruno Mars is a great avatar for a football site...you kind of lost some credibility. Listen...if you want to complain about Brian and the OL recruiting, development, and execution...that's fair game. Losing Kallenberger, Britt, etc this year hurt... and players not taking their Covid years (Schott, Cronk, etc) has really hurt this team. There are fair criticisms if you want to say we haven't either recruited well or kept players in the fold. I'm getting that angle and would agree...we shouldn't be starting freshman and redshirt freshman on the OL at Iowa...we are a developmental program...and that's not a good thing to start players that young.

That being said...this isn't about the scheme or the gameplans Brian's running...or as the saying goes...it's not the Xs and Os, it's the jimmies and joes. We were simply too young and guys were ready. I think Brian Ferentz has installed an offense that is tough to defend as long as guys can execute up front. We have guys open all over the place in the passing game...but we either haven't had time to throw or we just didn't make the throw in critical times. This offensive line has whiffed more times on passing downs than I can remember in the last 7 years.

Listen...everyone is shitting on Brian. I get it, we looked terrible the first half of the season...but we played some really good defenses (3 of the top 7) and a really good FSC team that hasn't lost yet. The line is improving...and Wisconsin is a major step. Leonard will bring all kinds of pressure Saturday...it's going to be interesting.

If we had a dominant OL or just a good OL...no one would be complaining about what Brian is doing.

Reactions: HawkDoggy
If we had a dominant OL or just a good OL...no one would be complaining about what Brian is doing.

wouda, coulda, shoulda

Coaching is also responsible for recruiting quality and recruiting quantity. They are in the situation with the OL and nobody to blame. Putting yourself in a situation where you are constantly using inexperienced and young OL is on them. Sure, injuries happen and can have impact, but as a staff they know this too and clearly depth has been an issue.

wouda, coulda, shoulda

Coaching is also responsible for recruiting quality and recruiting quantity. They are in the situation with the OL and nobody to blame. Putting yourself in a situation where you are constantly using inexperienced and young OL is on them. Sure, injuries happen and can have impact, but as a staff they know this too and clearly depth has been an issue.

Fact: Iowa's recruiting, on paper, is consistently better, right now, than it has ever been. Across the board. If you want to burn down the coaching staff because they can't predict the future, go ahead. You have that luxury.

Fact: Iowa's recruiting, on paper, is consistently better, right now, than it has ever been. Across the board. If you want to burn down the coaching staff because they can't predict the future, go ahead. You have that luxury.
So what's been the issue with the OL? You seem to feel it's something else so curious to know what. Sadly many people look at all recruiting evaluations and want to think the "paper" is the end all be all. But then again, you have that luxury to believe that.

I'm not sure Bruno Mars is a great avatar for a football site...you kind of lost some credibility. Listen...if you want to complain about Brian and the OL recruiting, development, and execution...that's fair game. Losing Kallenberger, Britt, etc this year hurt... and players not taking their Covid years (Schott, Cronk, etc) has really hurt this team. There are fair criticisms if you want to say we haven't either recruited well or kept players in the fold. I'm getting that angle and would agree...we shouldn't be starting freshman and redshirt freshman on the OL at Iowa...we are a developmental program...and that's not a good thing to start players that young.

That being said...this isn't about the scheme or the gameplans Brian's running...or as the saying goes...it's not the Xs and Os, it's the jimmies and joes. We were simply too young and guys were ready. I think Brian Ferentz has installed an offense that is tough to defend as long as guys can execute up front. We have guys open all over the place in the passing game...but we either haven't had time to throw or we just didn't make the throw in critical times. This offensive line has whiffed more times on passing downs than I can remember in the last 7 years.

Listen...everyone is shitting on Brian. I get it, we looked terrible the first half of the season...but we played some really good defenses (3 of the top 7) and a really good FSC team that hasn't lost yet. The line is improving...and Wisconsin is a major step. Leonard will bring all kinds of pressure Saturday...it's going to be interesting.

Boy, Kirk has got you conditioned….little ole Iowa, just a developmental program. What’s next, the little engine that could? JK, as I’m just busting your balls.

On a serious note, these guys get paid millions to run the program and do a good job of it, minus the offense being just serviceable. Not sure if you saw the stat yesterday but Petras completed his first td pass on the road since 10/1/21. That’s right, last year, October 1, then followed it up with another one to Ragaini. That’s a pretty glaring stat and just reinforces how bad this offense has been the last couple of seasons. KF has got to use NIL and the portal to shore up the offense in the off season.

Reactions: frydaze
So what's been the issue with the OL? You seem to feel it's something else so curious to know what. Sadly many people look at all recruiting evaluations and want to think the "paper" is the end all be all. But then again, you have that luxury to believe that.

They're young???? Half of the ten in the two-deeps have never lettered. That kind of matters in the B1G.

Gee I wonder. Yet, Deshaun Watson should be serving serious time in prison, but seems to be doing pretty well. Why is that?
Deshaun Watson's situation is not related to BFs. Again, they guy wasn't able to get hired after last season on the NFL.

Why would fans give firing Brian a rest? He is the absolute worst and we can be so much better.
He’s gonna be at Iowa as long as Kirk’s at Iowa, if he chooses. Barta will not intercede. He should NEVER be considered as Iowa’s head coach.

Reactions: frydaze
ADVERTISEMENT