ADVERTISEMENT

as expected...Downing

The very fact that you keep saying N Col tells me you know nothing about CFB. Absolutely nothing. That and I guess every other post that I've read from you.
Exactly. Just like he thought Boise St. was in Montana a few...or quite a few....post ago and had to squirm out of it. This guy is a tool. He can argue all he wants, but the Pac-12 would never let a program as poorly run as the clowns into their conference. Will never happen. No fan base. And what fan base they have are just funny.

Exactly. Just like he thought Boise St. was in Montana a few...or quite a few....post ago and had to squirm out of it. This guy is a tool. He can argue all he wants, but the Pac-12 would never let a program as poorly run as the clowns into their conference. Will never happen. No fan base. And what fan base they have are just funny.
Wow, I missed that one. So does he think Montana has 2 state capitals & Idaho has zero?!

Funny people around here.

Bull shit, you may not have said it, but many Iowa fans have been ripping on Larzard on this board. Its easy to say, "I have not done it," while plenty have and others have agreed to it. As to fans, would that not be the same for the teams I mentioned. Does the opponents fans not go to Boise or Fort Collins or where ever. Yes, N. Iowa and Iowa bring a lot of fans to Ames. Guess what, ISU returns the favor when they play in Iowa City. As to Big 12 teams, only Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas State, brings more than a couple of hundred fans to Ames. We joke if TT, TCU, or others will have a hundred of their fans at the game. ISU travels very well, generally a one to two thousand attend most away games has been my experience when I have attend away games. Does ISU have the same fan base as the blue bloods, no, that is silly, but for a team that you keep saying sucks, they have a lot of fans willing to spend money and go to the games. And no the tickets are not .50 cents a game. My tickets are $250 apiece in the lower bowl of the south endzone.
I don't care what others have said. I don't speak for them nor do they speak for me. $250 for season tickets? That can't be per game price. Anyways, what are you trying to prove?

We have been going around and around here, so let me ask a question to the fans of Iowa. Why would you want either Texas or Oklahoma in the big 10 conference? The big 10 is making money through BTN, so money is not the reason. I can see the increase in recruiting, but 4 or 5 star kids from Texas will not pick Iowa over Texas, Oklahoma or teams from the SEC.. What is in it for lowa? Granted Texas has been below their standards the past 5 years, but they are Texas. Oklahoma is still the Sooners, why would you want to play them. One could envision if they joined the Bit\g 10, Iowa now becomes the 4 or 5 place team in the West. Before you say, Nebraska, remember, Nebraska is a shell of what it used to be and Iowa is only 3-3 to them since they joined the conference. Or is it anybody, as long as ISU is left out?

I don't care what others have said. I don't speak for them nor do they speak for me. $250 for season tickets? That can't be per game price. Anyways, what are you trying to prove?

Replying to the person that said ISU tickets were .50 cents. If it was not you, sorry, my mistake. The price I quoted is for the season. I do not pay the donation for my seats, just like the endzones do not at Iowa.

Says the Iowa fan that thought it was still the Pac 10. Does the pac 12 presidents have you on speed dial, asking your opinion, or is it just good old fashion hate for Iowa State.

Bull shit, you may not have said it, but many Iowa fans have been ripping on Larzard on this board. Its easy to say, "I have not done it," while plenty have and others have agreed to it. As to fans, would that not be the same for the teams I mentioned. Does the opponents fans not go to Boise or Fort Collins or where ever. Yes, N. Iowa and Iowa bring a lot of fans to Ames. Guess what, ISU returns the favor when they play in Iowa City. As to Big 12 teams, only Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas State, brings more than a couple of hundred fans to Ames. We joke if TT, TCU, or others will have a hundred of their fans at the game. ISU travels very well, generally a one to two thousand attend most away games has been my experience when I have attend away games. Does ISU have the same fan base as the blue bloods, no, that is silly, but for a team that you keep saying sucks, they have a lot of fans willing to spend money and go to the games. And no the tickets are not .50 cents a game. My tickets are $250 apiece in the lower bowl of the south endzone.
I looked up ticket prices on stub hub last year for the Baylor game last season when they were ranked 13th. I could get tickets for $20 the week of the game. I don't care where they were located. $20 against a top 15 team is awesome and pretty bad at the same time.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I looked up ticket prices on stub hub last year for the Baylor game last season when they were ranked 13th. I could get tickets for $20 the week of the game. I don't care where they were located. $20 against a top 15 team is awesome and pretty bad at the same time.
I was at the game, Baylor brought maybe 200 fans. Total attendance was 50,842 for a team that came into the game at 1-4 at the time. How many iowa fans were attending BB games during the Lickliter years? Winning brings more fans, I think 50K for a team that is 1-4 and coming off a 2-10 record the year before is pretty damn good. How many fans attended Purdue, Illinois, Maryland or Northwestern that same week?

I was at the game, Baylor brought maybe 200 fans. Total attendance was 50,842 for a team that came into the game at 1-4 at the time. How many iowa fans were attending BB games during the Lickliter years? Winning brings more fans, I think 50K for a team that is 1-4 and coming off a 2-10 record the year before is pretty damn good. How many fans attended Purdue, Illinois, Maryland or Northwestern that same week?
You're still considered a rookie? With all your posts you should be a HR Heisman by now. They must deduct points for some of your posts. ;)

I was talking about ticket prices not attendance. It's easier to pack a stadium with cheap tickets. That doesn't mean you will be making more at the gate.

And what about the whole attend any 3 ISU home games for $99 deal last year or the season before? That is pretty darn cheap. It would be awesome for ISU fans.

But what that tells me is that attendance would plummet if ticket prices were increased a bunch or that no one other than ISU fans, and State of Iowa residents, are willing to pay to go to attend games in Ames.

Says the Iowa fan that thought it was still the Pac 10. Does the pac 12 presidents have you on speed dial, asking your opinion, or is it just good old fashion hate for Iowa State.
Ya got me there little brother. But did Idaho change it's name to Montana? Did CSU change it's acronym to UNC? What "does" you think?

Ya got me there little brother. But did Idaho change it's name to Montana? Did CSU change it's acronym to UNC? What "does" you think?

You tell me, you seem to be the expert on the topic at hand. Its late, been up since 5:30, worked all day. Have a good night. Guys its just a football, there is not one of us that will be playing the game this fall, we just cheer, nothing more. One fan base is not better than another. Iowa fans do not cheer harder, want it more or are any more special then fans from Alabama, Northwestern, BYU or even Iowa State. Everyone has an opinion, no one knows who will be right. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Here is to a good game this fall.

That's still 11K under capacity. So congrats you filled 80% of the stadium. Funny all we could hear about 2 years ago after they got hill side seats bowled in how they'd be packing the stadium and how after 14' season Iowa's attendance would continue to drop. Like Baylor game multiple times in last 2 years had teams come in ranked top 20 and even top 10 and yet in last 2 years have had 3 sellouts uni twice and Iowa. As for those other games didn't even come within 5K of max attendance. Including the cheap ticket prices to boot.

So you do not count on the field performance then. Wisconsin lost to Ohio State and Michigan during the regular season and then too Penn. State in the championship game. They were 0-3 vs the best teams in the East. So yes, the wests best team was the 4th best team in the conference. ISU has sucked at football basically every year except for small blips every now and then. Does not change what I said, as have others. The new pillow fight is the Big 10 West.

Again ignore my claim Big 10 west and divisions Nebraska has been in is worse than big 12 north which when facts and number provided shows how weak they were and try and change the argument. As for worst divisions for power please take a look at the ACC Coastal. Big 10 west far better.

Again ignore my claim Big 10 west and divisions Nebraska has been in is worse than big 12 north which when facts and number provided shows how weak they were and try and change the argument. As for worst divisions for power please take a look at the ACC Coastal. Big 10 west far better.

Ok lets look, here is a list of the ranking of schools in the big 12 North final ranking starting in 1999.
99-3, 6, 2000 8, 9 01--8.9, 02.. 7, 20, 2003 14, 19, 2005 24, 2007 4, 7 2008 19, 2009 14 2010 18, 20

Big 10 west in 3 years 2014 13, 2015 9, 21, 23 and last year 7.
Now the Big 10 does not have a lot of data to report back, but the highest ranked team at the end of the from the West was last year with Wisconsin at 7th. The big 12 North had a team ranked in the final ranking 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th, 8th, and 4th and 7th. North had unranked teams in 2004 and 2006 only. The problem with the north was it was out shadowed by the Southern teams starting in 2000 those teams finished 1, 12 2001 5 & 6, 02 5 & 6, 2003 3 and 12, 2004 3,15,18. 2005 1, 20, 22 2006 11, 13. 2007 8, 10, 22, 2008 4,5,12, 16, 2009 2 and 21 and 2010 6, 13, 19. Since 2010 there as only been 10 teams. The north was eclipsed by the South, but was not the pillow fight many on here believe and certainly in the first years of the conference.

Ok lets look, here is a list of the ranking of schools in the big 12 North final ranking starting in 1999.
99-3, 6, 2000 8, 9 01--8.9, 02.. 7, 20, 2003 14, 19, 2005 24, 2007 4, 7 2008 19, 2009 14 2010 18, 20

Big 10 west in 3 years 2014 13, 2015 9, 21, 23 and last year 7.
Now the Big 10 does not have a lot of data to report back, but the highest ranked team at the end of the from the West was last year with Wisconsin at 7th. The big 12 North had a team ranked in the final ranking 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th, 8th, and 4th and 7th. North had unranked teams in 2004 and 2006 only. The problem with the north was it was out shadowed by the Southern teams starting in 2000 those teams finished 1, 12 2001 5 & 6, 02 5 & 6, 2003 3 and 12, 2004 3,15,18. 2005 1, 20, 22 2006 11, 13. 2007 8, 10, 22, 2008 4,5,12, 16, 2009 2 and 21 and 2010 6, 13, 19. Since 2010 there as only been 10 teams. The north was eclipsed by the South, but was not the pillow fight many on here believe and certainly in the first years of the conference.

Again your claim was Nebraska last 6 equivalent to first 6 years in the big 10 in strength of competition. Also you forget first 3 years had the ridiculous legends and leaders names but divisions only changed 3 years ago. Again your argument which you even cherry picked back to 10 years which still wasn't much better now you're going all the way back to 99' now. Wow way and stick to your guns on your original claim....and by the way when making the case for Nebraska playing teams from big 12 you know when you include their rankings into the arguement of teams from the North that finished ranked and in top 10 including nerbraska amongst those defeats the purpose of who they played and again shows how pathetic the North was.

That's still 11K under capacity. So congrats you filled 80% of the stadium. Funny all we could hear about 2 years ago after they got hill side seats bowled in how they'd be packing the stadium and how after 14' season Iowa's attendance would continue to drop. Like Baylor game multiple times in last 2 years had teams come in ranked top 20 and even top 10 and yet in last 2 years have had 3 sellouts uni twice and Iowa. As for those other games didn't even come within 5K of max attendance. Including the cheap ticket prices to boot.

Iowa sold out four games last year ISU, lot of ISU fans, N. Dakota St, Lot of Bison fans Wisconsin and a night game with Michigan. You did not sell out the Nebraska game at home. Not one ISU fan ever said we were going to fill the stadium for every home game, but they did finish around 42 or so in home attendance last year, which would have placed them right behind Iowa last year in attendance ahead of 7 other big 10 schools. The attendance at ISU is really amazing for the poor quality of football that is played on the field. Other in the Big 12 notice that and say it all the time, only do Iowa fans rag on ISU about attendance.

Again your claim was Nebraska last 6 equivalent to first 6 years in the big 10 in strength of competition. Also you forget first 3 years had the ridiculous legends and leaders names but divisions only changed 3 years ago. Again your argument which you even cherry picked back to 10 years which still wasn't much better now you're going all the way back to 99' now. Wow way and stick to your guns on your original claim....and by the way when making the case for Nebraska playing teams from big 12 you know when you include their rankings into the arguement of teams from the North that finished ranked and in top 10 including nerbraska amongst those defeats the purpose of who they played and again shows how pathetic the North was.

No you do not get to play the game, with the name change also came the switch of Michigan and Michigan st into the East. As for Nebraska, look at their schedule the first two years in the conference, they played everyone of the name schools. They got Michigan, O State, Penn St, Mich. St. Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota and Northwestern. The big 10 wanted to make sure that either Nebraska did not win the conference or it they did it would be a struggle. No Purdue, Illinois, Indiana were on their schedule, just the name teams each week. You can hate Nebraska, I do, but that is a bitch of a conference schedule the first two years.

Last edited:

We are not talking about he ACC Costal or the SEC East, you said the Big 12 north was a pillow fight, I showed you it was not, so now you move on to another conference. As for this year the only team ranked in the early preseason polls from the West is Wisconsin. So yes the big 10 west is shaping up to be the new pillow fight of college football conferences.

Iowa sold out four games last year ISU, lot of ISU fans, N. Dakota St, Lot of Bison fans Wisconsin and a night game with Michigan. You did not sell out the Nebraska game at home. Not one ISU fan ever said we were going to fill the stadium for every home game, but they did finish around 42 or so in home attendance last year, which would have placed them right behind Iowa last year in attendance ahead of 7 other big 10 schools. The attendance at ISU is really amazing for the poor quality of football that is played on the field. Other in the Big 12 notice that and say it all the time, only do Iowa fans rag on ISU about attendance.

Plenty of clone fans here bragging about isu when jack trice expanded 2 years ago how they were going to be selling out multiple games a year. So far not happening. All I know with attendance even if Iowa doesn't sell out puts more fans in the seats than jack trice's max capacity. So wow he were a thousand or so off from selling out Nebraska stadium still held more than any isu game ever has.

No you do not get to play the game, with the name change also came the switch of Michigan and Michigan st into the East. As for Nebraska, look at their schedule the first two years in the conference, they played everyone of the name schools. They got Michigan, O State, Penn St, Mich. St. Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota and Northwestern. The big 10 wanted to make sure that either Nebraska did not win the conference or it they did it would be a struggle. No Purdue, Illinois, Indiana were on their schedule, just the name teams each week. You can hate Nebraska, I do, but that is a bitch of a conference schedule the first two years.

Yet you claim big 10 first 6 years just as difficult as their last 6 in big 12. Now you claim played so many tough teams the first 2 years. So thanks for proving my point they've played tougher competition in big 10.

We are not talking about he ACC Costal or the SEC East, you said the Big 12 north was a pillow fight, I showed you it was not, so now you move on to another conference. As for this year the only team ranked in the early preseason polls from the West is Wisconsin. So yes the big 10 west is shaping up to be the new pillow fight of college football conferences.

No genius I just said when you claim big 10 west was the weakest division an EXAMPLE of one that was weaker is ACC coastal. you really haven't proven big 12 north wasn't a pillow fight but keep telling yourself it wasn't a joke of a division last few season 6 to be exact which again was your original arguement, not mine. Funny thing plenty of clone fans on here all the time talking about now how tough their schedule is now because they have to play everyone and don't have the luxury of the weaker big 12 north years missing tough teams from the south. So which is it?

20th place to 42nd is "placed right behind"? Have you figured out your credibility issue yet?

No genius I just said when you claim big 10 west was the weakest division an EXAMPLE of one that was weaker is ACC coastal. you really haven't proven big 12 north wasn't a pillow fight but keep telling yourself it wasn't a joke of a division last few season 6 to be exact which again was your original arguement, not mine. Funny thing plenty of clone fans on here all the time talking about now how tough their schedule is now because they have to play everyone and don't have the luxury of the weaker big 12 north years missing tough teams from the south. So which is it?

Amazing you rip on me, but then get pissy when I correct you on the fact the Michigan and M. State moved to the East. The ACC coastal had the same amount of ranked teams as the Big 10 West last year. Wisconsin was ranked higher, but it was still a pillow fight. ESPN and others have said the same thing, this is just not me. As to weaker teams, look at any measure you choose, the bottom of the Big 10 has constancy been ranked much lower than both ISU and Kansas, with more teams as many as 5 or 6. Do you not think this benefits the stronger teams, most would. Iowa fans loves stats that show how dominate of a conference they play win, but discount stats that show the lack of overall strength of the conference. And the Big 12 has been down the past two years, while the big 10 has seen both Penn St. and Michigan return to form,

20th place to 42nd is "placed right behind"? Have you figured out your credibility issue yet?

The difference was 7000 fans per game, the difference between Iowa and ISU was less than ISU and the next big 10 team. I have never said ISU was at the top of anything, but the gap between the two schools is not nearly as large as you and others like to believe. Iowa is much closer to ISU as the gap between them and say O. State and Alabama. But many Iowa fans think they are right below those schools, while ISU is 64th or 65th out of 65.

Actually you said "much lower." So ISU and Kansas are consistently rated higher than the lower level Big 10 teams? Of dear God.

Reactions: cavhawk14
Actually you said "much lower." So ISU and Kansas are consistently rated higher than the lower level Big 10 teams? Of dear God.
Truth hurts but its true, both Massey and Sargin had 3 to 4 big 10 teams ranked lower than ISU for 2016, as well as 2015. Look it up. Google is your friend. I also mention Iowa as the Fake ID, just listened to the broadcast again. He said " he would give Iowa playing a Wyoming, and Iowa State." So again, Iowa fans want to blame all their problems on ISU, instead of nutting up and saying we will play anyone. Maybe they need the 7th home game to keep the doors open.

Amazing you rip on me, but then get pissy when I correct you on the fact the Michigan and M. State moved to the East. The ACC coastal had the same amount of ranked teams as the Big 10 West last year. Wisconsin was ranked higher, but it was still a pillow fight. ESPN and others have said the same thing, this is just not me. As to weaker teams, look at any measure you choose, the bottom of the Big 10 has constancy been ranked much lower than both ISU and Kansas, with more teams as many as 5 or 6. Do you not think this benefits the stronger teams, most would. Iowa fans loves stats that show how dominate of a conference they play win, but discount stats that show the lack of overall strength of the conference. And the Big 12 has been down the past two years, while the big 10 has seen both Penn St. and Michigan return to form,

Yeah big 10 west was awful last year with an 11 win team, 2 teams with 9 wins another with 8 and 5th place with 7 wins.... But love your argument is now our cellar dweller teams are better than yours.

God you really are a total delusional Clone douche. And spend all day posting on a Hawkeye site. And you are in your mid-50's? Dude get help or at least a hobby.

God you really are a total delusional Clone douche. And spend all day posting on a Hawkeye site. And you are in your mid-50's? Dude get help or at least a hobby.

What can I say just love pissing off douche Iowa fans, and you have taken the bait. When you play the bottom of the conference, as Iowa has the last three years, you had better get wins. You have also been here replying, so what does that say about you?

The difference was 7000 fans per game, the difference between Iowa and ISU was less than ISU and the next big 10 team. I have never said ISU was at the top of anything, but the gap between the two schools is not nearly as large as you and others like to believe. Iowa is much closer to ISU as the gap between them and say O. State and Alabama. But many Iowa fans think they are right below those schools, while ISU is 64th or 65th out of 65.

Many people may think many things. The reality is there are 22 spots between Iowa and ISU. Out of 129 that is a significant amount. But you have told us it's not really important how many people go to games.

Many people may think many things. The reality is there are 22 spots between Iowa and ISU. Out of 129 that is a significant amount. But you have told us it's not really important how many people go to games.

Change the goal post again, may be 22 spots out of 129, but ISU would have been ranked right after Iowa in the Big 10. That fact is what you want to ignore.

ISU is in the Big 10? I missed that occurrence.

Keep trying to deflect the truth. If ISU was in the big 10 last year, it would have finished right behind Iowa in Attendance. How is that possible, ISU sucks at football, and only those in central Iowa care about the cyclones? Must have been a LOT of Super Bowls.

Keep trying to deflect the truth. If ISU was in the big 10 last year, it would have finished right behind Iowa in Attendance. How is that possible, ISU sucks at football, and only those in central Iowa care about the cyclones? Must have been a LOT of Super Bowls.

69,656 against 52,557, yup it's neck and neck. Just a small difference.... to you.

You're getting owned worse than that Texas steer boy. I'm going to throw in the towel for you & don't you dare catch it & throw it back. We all know what happens from there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT