ADVERTISEMENT

As NBA players wear jerseys with social justice phrases...

Hawkeye Swarm

HR MVP
Nov 14, 2004
We have this.

WATCH: NBA Player Appears To Call Player ‘B**** A** White Boy.’ Black ESPN Host Unloads On Him.

Outkick columnist Gary Sheffield Jr. wrote. “The solution here is simple, even if many won’t like it: the NBA has to suspend Montrezl Harrell and send a message that race-based derogatory comments like his on the basketball court won’t be tolerated. The NBA has already set this precedent with gay slurs on the court, why not with racial-based insults as well?”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watc...-b-a-white-boy-black-espn-host-unloads-on-him

Lol Bitch-Ass white boy, might be one of the least offensive things players call each other during a NBA game.
But watch a white NBA player call a black one a bitch ass black boy....his ass be fired!!

Hell just call one boy and he'd probably get death threats....

Reactions: Roy L Fuchs
Jay Williams is right. It's unacceptable. Anything demeaning about someone's race, especially in today's political climate, has to be condemned.

People might think this is crazy, but anyone remember the NCAA tournament a few years back after the Kentucky/Wisconsin game? During the post game, someone asked the Kentucky players about Frank Kamisky (he's white for those who don't know), and one of the players was heard saying, "F*** that, n***a."

Yeah, this was worse.

Because this isn't a story, NBA players say inappropriate things to each other during a game all the time, that's why they are dumping the sound every 2 minutes.

Then that's the problem.

"Bitch ass black boy." There's a brawl and suspensions.

"Bitch ass Jew boy." There's an outcry of condemning anti-Semitism and suspensions.

"Bitch ass gay boy." There's an outpouring of rhetoric in support of the LGBTQ community and suspensions.

"Bitch ass white boy." Meh. Trash talk is part of the game.

Most white guys aren't going to take offense to it, and I'm certainly one of them, but the greater point is it undermines the credibility of those fighting for racial justice when racially charged rhetoric is allowed to go unchecked.

Because this isn't a story, NBA players say inappropriate things to each other during a game all the time, that's why they are dumping the sound every 2 minutes.
No, not buying it. Had the roles been reversed this would be a massive story. ESPN would be all over it. Every talking head would decry what was said, bemoaning how sad it is that we've lost any progress that we might have gained. Doncic would be out for at least the remainder of the series. Mark Cuban would be asked if he was going to remove him from the team.

What about when someone says “Bitch ass Mother phucker?”

Since that is a term that could equally be applied to anyone, especially how it is used in today's society, and the NBA has made no attempt to clean up use of invective on the court, that's a meh.

Trying to make "bitch ass white boy" a distinction with a difference is counterproductive.

Since that is a term that could equally be applied to anyone, especially how it is used in today's society, and the NBA has made no attempt to clean up use of invective on the court, that's a meh.

Trying to make "bitch ass white boy" a distinction with a difference is counterproductive.

There is a distinction. The first is a remark about the player. The latter is a remark about the player’s race. Two different frame of minds.

But someone could be mad for them banging their mom and they called them out for it!

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
There is a distinction. The first is a remark about the player. The latter is a remark about the player’s race. Two different frame of minds.

Yes, the distinction with a difference I'm referring to is "white" is okay to demean according to some.

Still like the movie White Men Can't Jump. I guess that makes me racist.

Was the person he said it to offended? If not, then why the f is anyone else?

Then that's the problem.

"Bitch ass black boy." There's a brawl and suspensions.

"Bitch ass Jew boy." There's an outcry of condemning anti-Semitism and suspensions.

"Bitch ass gay boy." There's an outpouring of rhetoric in support of the LGBTQ community and suspensions.

"Bitch ass white boy." Meh. Trash talk is part of the game.

Most white guys aren't going to take offense to it, and I'm certainly one of them, but the greater point is it undermines the credibility of those fighting for racial justice when racially charged rhetoric is allowed to go unchecked.

Most white guys don't take offense to it because they realize "white boy" isn't a slur with the same connotation as other slurs.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
Still like the movie White Men Can't Jump. I guess that makes me racist.

Was the person he said it to offended? If not, then why the f is anyone else?

It's not about being offended. It's about not undermining the cause many (if not all) in the NBA believe so passionately in.

No one (sane) is crying about racial injustice in this case.

Reactions: Chuck C
ADVERTISEMENT