ADVERTISEMENT

As violent crime in Chicago soared, arrests fell to historic lows

Sometimes being held accountable makes people stop doing their job. This brings about lack of trust by the citizens, which in turn pisses of the Leo's who understandably then do not respect the citizens they are under no legal obligation to serve and protect.

Welcome to America for the foreseeable future as neither side of the issue want to work thru a mitigation of the issue

The suburban 20somethings that use cities as their drinking amusement parks should spend another summer calling for the police’s defunding. That worked well
Feel Guilty about being born. But not quite bad enough to live in these areas of misunderstood youths.

You feel like a prime candidate for a whole life policy with those math skills.
It's the Republicans with the lousy math skills. You can't claim something is continuously soaring when it's not. Rs are once again lying about Chicago to prove points they cannot make. Chicago crime rates explosions are busted in every thread. Chicago is nowhere near the top for crime this year, last year, or any other year. Yet Rs keep trotting these tired lines out. It's sad. Please stop doing it.

I’m not a cop hater. I’m a hater of the fact that cops are increasingly less trained on how to deal with people and the fact that my party protects weapons that make them hide in hallways while children get killed at school.

You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: runkpanole
What we think we said: We want better policing
What police think they heard: It's the police's fault, punish them
What we got: police who prioritize protecting themselves over doing their job

It's no surprise. Police are human, not robots. We can't just reprogram them with new code to do policing in a different manner. They react to incentives the same way other humans do. They react to change the same way others do: resist. They react to "criticism" the same way others do: dig in.

Changing or improving how policing works was always going to be difficult. It's harder with the extreme polarization in the country today. Probably impossible with how the "need" for change came about with various hot flash incidents that are red hot in terms of emotions.

Maybe there was a needle to thread between: do nothing, the status quo is fine and what we got.

That would not be good. I believe in justice. I'd carry out out justice to the full extinct of the law to all the POS running around these days.
Sounds like it would be good then. But I doubt you would do it, since you appear to not care about the crimes of police departments and right wing politicians.

I’m not a cop hater. I’m a hater of the fact that cops are increasingly less trained on how to deal with people and the fact that my party protects weapons that make them hide in hallways while children get killed at school.
Maybe you should start up a police training business.

Now police can't even chase criminals in Chicago for certain crimes.

Once again, the criminals WIN.

200w.gif

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
Murder rates are generally higher in red states than in blue states. 8 of the top 10 highest murder rates are from reliably red states. Some blue cities have particularly high rates such as Chicago but some don't such as San Francisco. Some red cities such as Jacksonville Florida and Bakersfield California have particularly high murder rates.
I don't think you can actually tie political parties to violence rates. A lot of these areas have a number of historical factors that have led to their current state. Also I think it is worth noting that despite how things are portrayed in the media the long term trend is a decline in violent crime. There has been an uptick in the last couple of years likely related to consequences from COVID.
Bull

A trip to Chicago for me ends in Naperville. Lovely Indigo hotel or Embassy Suites and some Chicago Style Pizza and some nice shopping. The Nape always seems quite safe with good people.

By my count it is 6 red, 1 purple and 2 blue if you count Maryland as blue.

1. Louisiana (12.4 per 100k)
  2. Missouri (9.8 per 100k)
  3. Nevada (9.1 per 100k)
  4. Maryland (9 per 100k)
  5. Arkansas (8.6 per 100k)
  6. Alaska (8.4 per 100k)
  7. Alabama (8.3 per 100k)
  8. Mississippi (8.2 per 100k)
  9. Illinois (7.8 per 100k)
  10. South Carolina (7.8 per 100k)
NYC not included. Throwing the bs flag. Los Angeles not included, again Throwing the bs flag. You and your fellow liberals are truly nuts. The party of no Commonsense. In your world , you think the police not the criminals are the problem. Wow.

NYC not included. Throwing the bs flag. Los Angeles not included, again Throwing the bs flag. You and your fellow liberals are truly nuts. The party of no Commonsense. In your world , you think the police not the criminals are the problem. Wow.
I will also add when a super lib like bill maher agrees with my opinion, you need to question your sources. The party of no Commonsense. Call the social workers when you are threatened. Great idea.

Surely you know the difference between states and cities? Nah, probably not.

Surely you know the difference between states and cities? Nah, probably not.
I do. Those cities have more population than most states. Call the social workers not the police when you are threatened .lol. the party of no Commonsense.

I do. Those cities have more population than most states. Call the social workers not the police when you are threatened .lol. the party of no Commonsense.
That’s why it’s called a rate dumb phuq. You’re much more likely to get the dead in those ten states.

That’s why it’s called a rate dumb phuq. You’re much more likely to get the dead in those ten states.
So our lesson today is the police are causing more deaths to our citizens. Let the criminal people off and we will be safe. The party of no Commonsense.

So our lesson today is the police are causing more deaths to our citizens. Let the criminal people off and we will be safe. The party of no Commonsense.
Where did you get that? I’m talking red states v blue states murder rates. My guess is that is the abject poverty in those states along with very lax gun laws.

Where did you get that? I’m talking red states v blue states murder rates. My guess is that is the abject poverty in those states along with very lax gun laws.
Chicago and New York have very strict gun laws and plenty of poverty. Try again.

Yes your list has Kansas city up there
I'm sure every American is much more fearful of crime in kc than Chicago. Lol, try again.
Oh, so you don’t like the facts that rates are higher in a red state. I see I’m done here.

Look at the cities in thise states….New Orleans, ,Baltimore???? Hmmmmm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT