ADVERTISEMENT

Ashley Hinson has an issue

In a normal year, I'd be very interested in this race - I'm from Waterloo originally. Have there been any published polling about this race yet? Most of what I've seen on a macro-level does not suggest a good environment at the moment for republicans, but Hinson is a known, public figure that might have a chance to buck that trend.

I see that Finkenauer won by 5% pts in '18.

In a normal year, I'd be very interested in this race - I'm from Waterloo originally. Have there been any published polling about this race yet? Most of what I've seen on a macro-level does not suggest a good environment at the moment for republicans, but Hinson is a known, public figure that might have a chance to buck that trend.

I see that Finkenauer won by 5% pts in '18.

Finkenauer defeated incumbent Rod Blum by 5% in a district that is 10% more registered D. She has done a pretty good job in my mind. Focused on pocketbook issues. Not flashy. Seems genuine.

Finkenauer defeated incumbent Rod Blum by 5% in a district that is 10% more registered D. She has done a pretty good job in my mind. Focused on pocketbook issues. Not flashy. Seems genuine.

That just seems so weird to me, that used to be Nussle's district when I was growing up, and maybe I just wasn't paying attention as a kid, but I don't recall him ever being seriously pushed. To see that as a leaning Democrat district just seems off somehow.

I'm also curious what happens in Axne vs Young, part 2 - don't often see rematches but this was the tightest of the Iowa races in '18 I believe.

That just seems so weird to me, that used to be Nussle's district when I was growing up, and maybe I just wasn't paying attention as a kid, but I don't recall him ever being seriously pushed. To see that as a leaning Democrat district just seems off somehow.

I'm also curious what happens in Axne vs Young, part 2 - don't often see rematches but this was the tightest of the Iowa races in '18 I believe.

Did it have anything to do with the Obama administration redistricting Dubuque, IA as "part of Chicago" in the eyes of federal funding?

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/affh-preview-obamas-hud-takes-over-dubuque-iowa/

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf

The redistricting has made District 1 much tighter than it used to be.

Reactions: lucas80

Districts have changed some. We had 5 seats when Nussle was in, just 4 now. It seems 1 is always Blue (SE), one is red (NW) and the other two are more in play.

Reactions: mstp1992
More registered D then R's in this district especially in Dubuque, The Republicans have had good luck here tho for > 30 years going back to Tom Tauke and then Nussle. Blum also won a few terms. The issue for the Dems in Dubuque is the union guys are nominally Dem but lean prolife and progun and will vote Republican. hinson can still win here due to these factors, Will be an uphill battle tho with the anti-Trump wave .Finkanauer is pretty blah and not the brightest representative ever but will have had the good fortune to run against Trump in essence both times. Oh and hilarious the OP forgot that Biden set the standard for plagiarists being forgiven

Reactions: DogBoyRy
More registered D then R's in this district especially in Dubuque, The Republicans have had good luck here tho for > 30 years going back to Tom Tauke and then Nussle. Blum also won a few terms. The issue for the Dems in Dubuque is the union guys are nominally Dem but lean prolife and progun and will vote Republican. hinson can still win here due to these factors, Will be an uphill battle tho with the anti-Trump wave .Finkanauer is pretty blah and not the brightest representative ever but will have had the good fortune to run against Trump in essence both times. Oh and hilarious the OP forgot that Biden set the standard for plagiarists being forgiven
Guessing that’s exactly what happened.
Also guessing that’s not what happened with Biden in a much more important circumstance.

Plagiarism is bad enough but to lie about it? Shame on you Ashley, such a fine upstanding “Christian” like yourself should know better.

I’d never vote for a bubbleheaded bleach blonde news reader. Journalist my ass.

The redistricting has made District 1 much tighter than it used to be.
That is done by the Iowa Legislature, correct..next redistricting occurs in time for the 2022 elections...a pretty good chance Iowa loses another Congressman. Major redos coming...Des Moines goes in western Ioway?
There is a ton riding on this election, especially for the future of Iowa’s congressional make up.

Reactions: mstp1992
UPDATE: Caught again. I’m starting to wonder if she’s ever written something original in her entire life. What a LARGE step down from Finkenauer:

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Plagiarizers are the worst and should never be elected to anything.
Let%27s_Make_America_Great_Again_button.jpeg

Hinson is a republican puppet, she just recites talking points. Much like her "journalism" days of reading the teleprompter for KCRG.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
ADVERTISEMENT