ADVERTISEMENT

Ashley Joens????

This will be good.
giphy.gif

This is getting a little too personal. Apparently a lot of people are familiar with the family (which I am not). It looks like there is quite of bit of drama and to be fair to the family members and the player, maybe we should change the name of the thread topic. No reason to have a nasty thread about someones family on our board. Just my opinion

I don't want to get super personal as I have only had one or two interactions but it does seem like Bluder has avoided at all costs.

He has been kicked out of several MVC gyms and apparently has to sit with the AD or principal at City games.

I have seen how he addresses the West High staff and it isn't flattering. Went all the way to one of the Des Moines suburbs to root against West.

His daughters are really good though and seem nice. Hoping for their success but not against the Hawks.

This drama with the father just points to another reason why some coaches sell their souls to get a player on campus while another coach has standards. The coaches are Bluder and Fennelly. You figure out which description fits which HC.

Sometimes there are more important things in life than wins and losses. In Iowa's case... they got both...wins AND standards

I went to high school with her mom Lisa. She was 2 years older than me but was really nice. Hell of a 6 on 6 player. She went to Kirkwood and met the Dad who also played basketball there. He’s a nut job and will harass people who go to Jimmy John’s next door instead of his restaurant. It’s a family business he now runs with his wife and kids. Like someone mentioned he’s been kicked out of games before and now has to sit with the AD when he goes to games. He also got arrested not long ago for stealing the ladder of someone working near his business and throwing it out the back door. He’s literally been known to also knock on windows of people sitting in the Jimmy John’s drive through and harass them for nit coming to his place.

Also don’t wear Iowa gear to his business as he will berate you.

The guy has serious anger issues and needs help.

This drama with the father just points to another reason why some coaches sell their souls to get a player on campus while another coach has standards. The coaches are Bluder and Fennelly. You figure out which description fits which HC.

Sometimes there are more important things in life than wins and losses. In Iowa's case... they got both...wins AND standards

LMAO!

the dad needs an intervention & needs help.

if I were the high school AD or the ISU (or wherever his other daughters play) AD,
I would tell him that you either get help & clean up your act, or you are banned from attending games. Period.

And if you get help & we let you attend games & you act up again, where you need to be tossed? You are done forever.

if I were the high school AD or the ISU (or wherever his other daughters play) AD, I would tell him that you either get help & clean up your act, or you are banned from attending games. Period.

And if you get help & we let you attend games & you act up again, where you need to be tossed? You are done forever.
Him, Fennelly and Pollard are perfect together.

You’re kidding right?

Not going to lie I was also curious. Follow Iowa locally but don't give much thought or care to ISU however I've seen on the news here in Eastern Iowa and mention City High alum and always curious to why she didn't go to Iowa. Thought maybe Bluder slow played her or could've been other reasons like she just wanted out of IC. Last year on the news noticed her putting up big numbers and peaked my curiosity but this thread explains a lot more now. Least her Dad has something in common with their AD Pollard after last night they can talk about the next time they are in Hilton. Are her sisters good like her? as it sounds like one other is on the ISU team. This guy sounds like the Lavar Ball of womens bball.

if I were the high school AD or the ISU (or wherever his other daughters play) AD, I would tell him that you either get help & clean up your act, or you are banned from attending games. Period.

Well when your AD is Jamie Pollard I don't think he has much room to talk when it comes to getting kicked out of basketball games.

no i'm not. per the des moines register. Clark, a native of west Des Moines and Joens, a native of Iowa City.

you re obviously newcomer to board. Her father is issue and Lisa did not recruit any of daughters supposedly Because she didn’t want to have him around program. Oldest daughter at Illinois and two at ISU. Think youngest DUghter at City High but not sure about that

Wow. Didn’t know any of this. As a traveling sales rep I’ve eaten tenderloins at Joensy’s in Center Point, CR, Solon, and Iowa City many times over the years. Anyone know where else you can get a tenderloin over there?

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
you re obviously newcomer to board. Her father is issue and Lisa did not recruit any of daughters supposedly Because she didn’t want to have him around program. Oldest daughter at Illinois and two at ISU. Think youngest DUghter at City High but not sure about that

Really unfortunate a crazy dad caused her from coming to Iowa but from stuff I'm reading I can't blame Bluder. I have no clue how she would've meshed with group of players at Iowa these last 4 years but sounds like she a phenomenal player and seeing numbers she's put up. Again not sure on how the chemistry would've been but she could've had 2 years with MG, 3 with Doyle would've been quite the trio from statistical standpoint and 1 with Clark this year..

Reactions: just_somebody
Wow. Didn’t know any of this. As a traveling sales rep I’ve eaten tenderloins at Joensy’s in Center Point, CR, Solon, and Iowa City many times over the years. Anyone know where else you can get a tenderloin over there?
Red's Ale House and Tin Roost in North Liberty, and 30Hop in Coralville for sure. If you like diners, tha Hamburg Inn and the Midtown in Iowa City. The Midtown's is the biggest by far, and they have incredible pies, too🙂

Really unfortunate a crazy dad caused her from coming to Iowa but from stuff I'm reading I can't blame Bluder. I have no clue how she would've meshed with group of players at Iowa these last 4 years but sounds like she a phenomenal player and seeing numbers she's put up. Again not sure on how the chemistry would've been but she could've had 2 years with MG, 3 with Doyle would've been quite the trio from statistical standpoint and 1 with Clark this year..
She is just a junior so your math is off by one. But, yes, she would have fit in nicely.

She is just a junior so your math is off by one. But, yes, she would have fit in nicely.

Shoot you are right. I just assumed she was a senior. Was she a big time recruit out of HS pursued by some of the bigger schools like Clark was with UConn and ND?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT