ADVERTISEMENT

Ashley Joens????

1231a18ebf72cbd91204d2a323c40053.jpg
Dam...thats a nice tractor

I cannot think of an Iowa State athlete in the last 20 years that I have respected more for than Ashley. Admittedly, that bar is really, really low. First, she is a great player. I am far from an authority on the subject, but was surprised she was only HM All-American. Second, she undoubtedly has been through so much I don't know about.

But, I have seen her suffer so many soul-crushing losses. The state championship game her senior year when her arguably much better team lost to their crosstown rival. Both times she has played in CHA, she has missed the shot at the buzzer that would have tied the game. That loss to A&M the other night, she was great and they would have won if just one of those calls/non-calls go the other way. And, she always just walks off the court showing no emotion.
And, if you want to search for it, you can find an ICPC interview where she says Iowa is her dream school. It is almost like she is in some Greek tragedy.

That game Iowa-ISU game next season in Ames will be a big deal.

Last edited:
I cannot think of an Iowa State athlete in the last 20 years that I have respected more for than Ashley. Admittedly, that bar is really, really low. First, she is a great player. I am far from an authority on the subject, but was surprised she was only HM All-American. Second, she undoubtedly has been through so much I don't know about.

But, I have seen her suffer so many soul-crushing losses. The state championship game her senior year when her arguably much better team lost to their crosstown rival. Both times she has played in CHA, she has missed the shot at the buzzer that would have tied the game. That loss to A&M the other night, she was great and they would have won if just one of those calls/non-calls go the other way. And, she always just walks off the court showing no emotion.
And, if you want to search for it, you can find an ICPC interview where she says Iowa is her dream school. It is almost like she is in some Greek tragedy.

That game Iowa-ISU game next season in Ames will be a big deal.
She can thank her Dad for being the catalyst as to why she is not at Iowa from the sounds of his non stop antics.

He seriously needs help.

Check out his latest antics:

Mental Impairment? You know someone was having a good time writing out that report.

I wonder if the family could get him committed to a psych ward for a while since we now have an official statement of mental issues from the government. Then maybe Bluder would welcome a transfer.

I wonder how many people drive through Jimmy Johns just to watch Joens go batshit :)

I’ve used that drive through 10-15 times (always for Jimmy Johns) and each time wonder if he will come to the window or the side door and start in. I’ve known him for over 30 years, so would be interesting to see if he would even acknowledge that, or just keep right on going with his antics.

I’ve used that drive through 10-15 times (always for Jimmy Johns) and each time wonder if he will come to the window or the side door and start in. I’ve known him for over 30 years, so would be interesting to see if he would even acknowledge that, or just keep right on going with his antics.
He told me that his neighbors were surreptitiously filming him and asked whether it was ok to go kick their asses? I said no.

Last edited:
He told me that his neighbors were surreptitiously filing him and asked whether it was ok to go kick their asses? I said no.

Activity Detail

Dispatch Number
21112146 Dispatch Time 8/5/2021 10:21:00 AM Incident Number
Activity
SUSPICIOUS/ACT/PERS/VEH
Disposition
PREVIOUS INCIDENT
Location LAREW INTERNAL MEDICINE Location Address 2557 N Dodge St Sub Zone
Details JOENS SCREAMING AND HOLLERING AND STRIPPING CLOTHES OFF AND CAUSING SCENE AND SPEEDING OFF 5 MIN DELAY LEFT IN WHT FORD FOCUS RP RQ CALL ALSO

Activity Detail

Dispatch Number
Activity
SUSPICIOUS/ACT/PERS/VEH
Disposition
PREVIOUS INCIDENT
Details JOENS SCREAMING AND HOLLERING AND STRIPPING CLOTHES OFF AND CAUSING SCENE AND SPEEDING OFF 5 MIN DELAY LEFT IN WHT FORD FOCUS RP RQ CALL ALSO
It's obvious the guy has mental illness and needs some help. I feel bad for his family especially his daughters who are in the public eye.

Activity Detail

Dispatch Number
Activity
SUSPICIOUS/ACT/PERS/VEH
Disposition
PREVIOUS INCIDENT
Wow. He definitely needs some help. Poor family.

Reactions: GOHOX69
wow; he has 4 restaurants?

all of what has been described can't be good for business

can you imagine being in a Jimmy John's drive thru & he comes tapping on your window, telling you to come get a tenderloin instead?

can you imagine sitting down in in his restaurant, in an Iowa sweatshirt, & he starts going off?
If I were that Jimmy John's franchisee I would have cameras up everywhere and file a suit when he crosses the line.

If I were that Jimmy John's franchisee I would have cameras up everywhere and file a suit when he crosses the line.
Apparently the restaurant in IC is up for sale? Guess everyone finally realized what an asshole the old man is and business has tanked.

Or perhaps it was closed down by another rodent/bug infestation?

Last edited:
Reactions: GoEagles23
Sykoras is still there. And the Kolach festival goes on!

Sykoras doesn't hold a candle, and they seem to have replaced the festival with a number of "bakes" where you can order a bunch ahead of time. They are fantastic, but at $14/dozen, it's getting a bit stiff.

Apparently the restaurant in IC is up for sale? Guess everyone finally realized what an asshole the old man is and business has tanked.

Or perhaps it was closed down by another rodent/bug infestation?
Well to start, it's not a great location especially for local customers. Add in the potential drama, and I'm not surprised that they are perhaps struggling. It's a shame too because their kids are all very nice people.

Well to start, it's not a great location especially for local customers. Add in the potential drama, and I'm not surprised that they are perhaps struggling. It's a shame too because their kids are all very nice people.
But in a way, the kids are slightly responsible. If I would have acted like Brian Joens when my girls were playing sports, they would very definitely told me to "cool it".

And the wife/mother also is somewhat liable here.

No one should get a pass in the Joens clan.

• Wow
Reactions: BBHawk and jockos
But in a way, the kids are slightly responsible. If I would have acted like Brian Joens when my girls were playing sports, they would very definitely told me to "cool it".

Oh for crying out loud...do you know that the kids, or wife, haven't tried to cool their dad/husband down? He's an adult, he is responsible for his behavior...not his wife, nor his kids.

Not sure if this has been posted but a poster on Cyclonefanatic says the Joens restaurant is for sale.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk

No the kids are not responsible. According to most the kids are great despite their dad.

Complete bullshit. The kids bear zero responsibility. Its amazing they are as good of kids as they are.

Complete bullshit. The kids bear zero responsibility. Its amazing they are as good of kids as they are.
Like I stated, my kids told me to be less vocal more than once when they played in high school. So, I'm saying the kids could definitely say something if they wanted to.

Perhaps they have tried with no success.

Reactions: GOHOX69
one shitty, abusive parent defending another shitty, abusive parent.

par for the course.
FU...my ire was usually directed at bad officials.

Your analysis is so far off that I even debated whether it was worth a reply.

BTW...who's defending anything?

I noticed you're new here. Get back to us when you've earned some credibility.

TIA.

Just heard yesterday that my little brother has met this guy a few times and thinks he's funny. Funny like the dummy doing a flaming shot setting his face on fire. It turns out he's kind of famous as the guy that takes his clothes off in public.

I don't know what little town these people are from but I might just have to trip over there to catch a show.

Sykoras is still there. And the Kolach festival goes on!
The Village is a "must" visit from time to time. Had a great bloody mary with a beer back and sausage, biscuits and gravy at Lucky's on 16th Monday. Great. Mrs. LC had the Eggs Benedict Flight...one each of three variations. She said it was very good.

Reactions: natchrlman
Like I stated, my kids told me to be less vocal more than once when they played in high school. So, I'm saying the kids could definitely say something if they wanted to.

Perhaps they have tried with no success.
No. You are clueless if you think his wife or kids could do anything to control the situation.

Reactions: WSC72
ADVERTISEMENT