ADVERTISEMENT

Assassinations

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
"As to killing rulers, it depends entirely on the position of the ruler. If it is the Russian Czar, I most certainly believe in dispatching him to where he belongs. If the ruler is as ineffectual as an American President, it is hardly worth the effort. There are, however, some potentates I would kill by any and all means at my disposal. They are Ignorance, Superstition, and Bigotry — the most sinister and tyrannical rulers on earth." -- Emma Goldman

What do anarchists suggest we do about pollution?
Beats me, but probably "stop."

The militants might attack major polluters.

It's hard to find any sane individuals who think polluting is a good thing. Yet somehow it's easy to find many corporations willing to spend $millions upon $millions to defend their "right" to pollute.

In those rare cases where anarchists were in charge - such as Spain in the 1930s before fascists and capitalists destroyed them - they looked for consensus solutions which people would cooperate to implement. Hard to imagine that being enough in the 1st century, but it's a nice idea.

Reactions: BelemNole
"As to killing rulers, it depends entirely on the position of the ruler. If it is the Russian Czar, I most certainly believe in dispatching him to where he belongs. If the ruler is as ineffectual as an American President, it is hardly worth the effort. There are, however, some potentates I would kill by any and all means at my disposal. They are Ignorance, Superstition, and Bigotry — the most sinister and tyrannical rulers on earth." -- Emma Goldman
Not real familiar with her. She certainly didn't appear to be a very happy person. Maybe a lifetime spent "fighting the power" and "sticking it to the Man" (and the resultant pushback from the power/Man) takes its toll and sucks all the joy out of your life. Or maybe she was already miserable, and she needed someone to blame for it.

images

Anarchist-Goldman.jpg

Not real familiar with her. She certainly didn't appear to be a very happy person. Maybe a lifetime spent "fighting the power" and "sticking it to the Man" (and the resultant pushback from the power/Man) takes its toll and sucks all the joy out of your life. Or maybe she was already miserable, and she needed someone to blame for it.

images

Anarchist-Goldman.jpg
Maybe not, but I don't think being happy was the point. She was a serious thinker and activist against exploitation, corruption, and capitalist wars. She may not have always been right, but she was always on the right side.

Beats me, but probably "stop."
The militants might attack major polluters.
It's hard to find any sane individuals who think polluting is a good thing.

Are there any sane individuals who think letting ‘militants’ attack whomever they consider a major polluter is a ‘good thing’?
Because that sounds ****ing nuts.

On the global scale with your billions of peers you are most certainly a major polluter.
Who isn’t justified by this logic in attacking you?

In those rare cases where anarchists were in charge -

LOL at the notion of anarchy with anyone ‘in charge’.

princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word.gif

A dopey unrealistic dreamer just like Ayn Rand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT