ADVERTISEMENT

At Carver last night...

Elihawk2

HB MVP
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2021
Good to be back and instead of bitching about what wasn't perfect in the game day experience, Ill just say it was GREAT to be there. Anyone know where Josh O was? (Im sure it was in the game thread, so I can read that later if it was posted there)

Team thoughts...we got a long way to go and potentially, could get destroyed inside against teams with good inside presence. On O or D, it just won't be the strength of Iowa this year. This will be a perimeter team...
1. With our not tall or strong inside lineup, perimeter defense will be a must. We MUST stop teams from making easy inside passes. If we can consistently pressure the ball and limit good inside passing lanes, we can minimize this weakness. So Perkins becomes a big key for this team, IMHO as our best perimeter defender. He and Toussiant really have to pressure the ball.
2. K Murray with our first what, 18 points!? wow, the kid can do it all...
3. On O, we will also be a perimeter team and must make threes to win the big games. Sandfort, the Murrays and JaBo will get lots of oppertunities.
4. Really like our guards...JT, well, great at times and a little bad mixed in; Perkins was really good on both ends last night and Ulis was good, but I think he needs to drive and dish more. Sandfort, most playing he three, hopefully can develop some 2 skills and give us a tall presence on the perimeter. I think he will be a good defender.
5. 3 steals in a row from JaBo...first time ever!? He will never be a great, quick defender, but you sure can see him using better body position.
6. Inside, well we just don't have a a guy with post skills, we will be playing 3s and 4s in the post all year, unless Josh O or Mulv really improve

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News