ADVERTISEMENT

At the end of the day, the B1G had to evaluate where Nebraska was at as a program

If there is one poster on here not obsessed with the huskers please inform the majority that Iowa gets Wisconsin for just two years, it's a rotating schedule. Nebraska gets nothing out of playing Iowa, hurts when the huskers lose and doesn't help when they win and believe the facts, the huskers own Iowa. I know you love your two years of wins, as you should, but Iowa is and always will be an 8-5 team. I honestly do not see an Iowa bowl win anytime soon unless they go 6-6 and sneak into a bowl game against a low p-5 team.
LOL you angry, bro? Glad you took the time to whine on our message board

If there is one poster on here not obsessed with the huskers please inform the majority that Iowa gets Wisconsin for just two years, it's a rotating schedule. Nebraska gets nothing out of playing Iowa, hurts when the huskers lose and doesn't help when they win and believe the facts, the huskers own Iowa. I know you love your two years of wins, as you should, but Iowa is and always will be an 8-5 team. I honestly do not see an Iowa bowl win anytime soon unless they go 6-6 and sneak into a bowl game against a low p-5 team.
You're F'ing joking, right? Since '11 your two wins were hardly blowouts, Neb should have lost the OT game. That was a gift. Iowa should have the last 4 games.

What are the overall W-L records since '11? I'm betting Iowa has the better record since Neb joined the Big 10.

'11 Nebraska 20–7
'12 Nebraska13–7
'13 Iowa 38–17
'14 Nebraska 37–34OT
'15 Iowa28–20
'16 Iowa 40–10

I see H8FLGR8 or whatever his latest iteration is alive and well here...

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I'm old enough to remember when going to Lincoln was a death sentence. We re rolled the last two times there ( the most recent one to complete an undefeated regular season). :)

this fulfilled my daily laffs quota. thanks buddy

This guy is H8fullgr8 I believe and he's been banned b4.

when is that last time you won a major bowl....or even played in one? LMAO

BTW we've won 3 of last 4 vs you and it will likely continue this year.

Reactions: HemiHawk

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

when is that last time you won a major bowl....or even played in one? LMAO

BTW we've won 3 of last 4 vs you and it will likely continue this year.

The complete loser you're replying too has multiple handles on the CFB board. He's a nutjob obsessed with Iowa fans. He claims to be the "boss" of his Iowa fan "employees" and forces them to read his posts over there. The moment you question his bizarre theories he will go off the deep end.

Hi H8FULLGR8. I win.......again.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
The complete loser you're replying too has multiple handles on the CFB board. He's a nutjob obsessed with Iowa fans. He claims to be the "boss" of his Iowa fan "employees" and forces them to read his posts over there. The moment you question his bizarre theories he will go off the deep end.
man, having a braska boss would be bad enough, but a 12 year old one....ouch!! :)

Lol. Who is this guy and what is he smoking?

UOTE="INUYOUBLEW, post: 4635291, member: 88964"]If there is one poster on here not obsessed with the huskers please inform the majority that Iowa gets Wisconsin for just two years, it's a rotating schedule. Nebraska gets nothing out of playing Iowa, hurts when the huskers lose and doesn't help when they win and believe the facts, the huskers own Iowa. I know you love your two years of wins, as you should, but Iowa is and always will be an 8-5 team. I honestly do not see an Iowa bowl win anytime soon unless they go 6-6 and sneak into a bowl game against a low p-5 team.[/QUOTE]

You seem like someone who forgot their meds for a few days.

Reactions: Blackleaf40
I actually think Nebraska got the shaft on this deal. They will play us and we will beat them or go .500 until we are done. Then they will play MN on prime TV when fleck has his thing going and get creamed and right about the time they fire their coach they will start with wiscy. Part of me wants to laugh at them and part of me feels bad they don't have anything else to be proud of and they are destined for mediocrity.

Reactions: torbee
I actually think Nebraska got the shaft on this deal. They will play us and we will beat them or go .500 until we are done. Then they will play MN on prime TV when fleck has his thing going and get creamed and right about the time they fire their coach they will start with wiscy. Part of me wants to laugh at them and part of me feels bad they don't have anything else to be proud of and they are destined for mediocrity.

Just laugh

Reactions: naturalmwa
Since 2000 here are the straight stats on W/L.

2000 - 3-9
2001 - 7-5
2002 - 11-2
2003 - 10-3
2004 - 10-2

2005 - 7-5
2006 - 6-7
2007 - 6-6
2008 - 9-4
2009 - 11-2
2010 - 8-5
2011 - 7-6
2012 - 4-8
2013 - 8-5
2014 - 7-6
2015 - 12-2
2016 - 8-5

Nebby isn't much better, but outside of a few good seasons every 4 to 5 years we are essentially a 7/8W - 4/5L team. We need to get back to the level we had 02-04.

Nebby for comparison:

2000 - 10- 2
2001 - 11-2

2002 - 7-7
2003 - 10-3
2004 - 5-6
2005 - 8-4
2006 - 9-5
2007 - 5-7
2008 - 9-4
2009 - 10-4
2010 - 10-4

2011 - 9-4
2012 - 10-4
2013 - 9-4
2014 - 9-4
2015 - 6-7
2016 - 9-4

They are essentially 8.5W - 4.4W. Pretty damn similar in mediocrity.

So Iowa 6 seasons of 9 wins or more Nebraska has 12 seasons of 9 wins or more. Iowa is obviously the better program from these stats.

This guy is H8fullgr8 I believe and he's been banned b4.

When did they start banning these Huskers? I mean they've been acting like that for a long time but we're always allowed to keep coming back, mostly great entertainment. Maybe he went completely off the deep end after the Iowa beat down. I must have missed it.

Last edited:
So if I remember right ABC carried this. They might have had a part in this, as in the don't want to carry this game anymore. Also Wisconsin is a stable powerhouse now with a coach who will not be going anywhere at any time soon. Iowa is preparing to transition to a young energetic head coach(BF) in a few years who will want to win. This is also about Iowa trending up and putting together a quality end of the year match-up that will probably most years decide the champ of the BIG west division.

This makes total sense why Nebby would lobby for this. They want their fans and team to end the season on a positive note. They probably wanted Northestern but was told no.

Last edited:
So if I remember right ABC carried this. They might have had a part in this, as in the don't want to carry this game anymore. Also Wisconsin is a stable powerhouse now with a coach who will not be going anywhere at any time soon. Iowa is preparing to transition to a young energetic head coach(BF) in a few years who will want to win. This is also about Iowa trending up and putting together a quality end of the year match-up that will probably most years decide the champ of the BIG west division.

FOX gets first pick of games now, not ABC/ESPN. Example this year, FOX has Michigan vs. Ohio State and IA vs. NEB (and moved Hawks v. Huskers to FS1 this year).

Does this influence your opinion at all?

Top 10 finishes since 2002:

Iowa 5
Neb. 0

Eh, Iowa has had higher highs, that's for sure. But Nebraska has more win over that time frame. Logic would only dictate that Nebraska is usually better than Iowa with that being the case.

Eh, Iowa has had higher highs, that's for sure. But Nebraska has more win over that time frame. Logic would only dictate that Nebraska is usually better than Iowa with that being the case.
LOL. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reactions: CJ Beat Hard
Nebraska has been a big disappointment to the Big10. We were told we would be getting a premier program that we could be sure would elevate BIG Football similar to what pre-sanction Penn State provided the conference. It turned out we got something much less.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT