ADVERTISEMENT

Athletic Dept runs a $3.68 million surplus for 2014

I don't think many can doubt his fundraising abilities, which have been quite impressive. His biggest flaws seems to be decision making and general people skills. I was hoping that hiring Gene Taylor would help clean up some of those issues.

that doesn't include this season.

I think fiscal year runs 7/1-6/30, so 2014 Fiscal Year ended 6/30 of 2014.

not bad numbers though...agree that as long as the money comes in, it's all roses.

Yep a hire like Mike Riley and ticket sales would sky rocket through the roof.

"Yep a hire like Mike Riley and ticket sales would sky rocket through the roof."

Well, well, well, a Kirk fan trying to putdown the competition. The problem Nebraska hires have with upping ticket sales is...sales are all ready through the roof.

Originally posted by N.Legend:
"Yep a hire like Mike Riley and ticket sales would sky rocket through the roof."

Well, well, well, a Kirk fan trying to putdown the competition. The problem Nebraska hires have with upping ticket sales is...sales are all ready through the roof.
First, your state has nothing else to do, and the population of your state could comfortably live in Rhode Island. Which is a good measure of how important that one thing to do, is to all of you.

Second, I'm not so sure he was cutting on Riley to be honest. If he was then fine.

Well, well, well wrong as usual. The captain's got a long way to go to right his ship with no solid QB or RB. Thanks for playing.

P.S. If Barta hired Riley to replace KF you could shut this Iowa forum down and all others because Iowa fans would probably go all VEISHEA after the hire.

Re: Athletic Dept runs a $3.68 million surplus for 2014[/URL]N.Legend posted on 1/29/2015...

This post was edited on 1/29 7:15 PM by doughudd

Originally posted by JRHawk2003:
This is how Barta is judged, and he won't be fired with numbers like this. Nor will they care to make any changes to any program. its all about the bottom line.
If anyone read the story, revenue actually dropped. Donations and ticket sales decreased slightly.

Never understand their is nothing else to do in Nebraska comment when it comes from Iowa fans. What more is their to do in Iowa? Omaha alone offers more to do than anything in Iowa.

Originally posted by HerkyHopeful:
I don't think many can doubt his fundraising abilities, which have been quite impressive. His biggest flaws seems to be decision making and general people skills. I was hoping that hiring Gene Taylor would help clean up some of those issues.
His biggest flaw is general people skills yet he convinces people to part with their $$$?

Originally posted by qwezxc:
Never understand their is nothing else to do in Nebraska comment when it comes from Iowa fans. What more is their to do in Iowa? Omaha alone offers more to do than anything in Iowa.
Like the culture of a Friday night out with a little dinner, a show, and a gun shot wound.

Originally posted by hexumhawk:

Originally posted by qwezxc:
Like the culture of a Friday night out with a little dinner, a show, and a gun shot wound.
While qwezxc is correct, this response was still pretty funny.

Originally posted by Titanhawk2:
Originally posted by HerkyHopeful:
His biggest flaw is general people skills yet he convinces people to part with their $$$?
More so in his dealings with hiring and firing coaches and administrators. I don't think he understands how to best go about that process as we've seen with the recent issues coming up with former volleyball, softball, and field hockey coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT