ADVERTISEMENT

Athlon Big 10 Predictions

That bowl was meaningful to you? If so you need to examine other things in your life. Lol. As I recall because it was a barn burner, we had the lead and the defense couldn’t get a stop to end it.
I don’t recall saying the Bowl Game was meaningful. That is your speculation, not mine.You probably need to go back and rewatch the game. Since your memory is shit! Defense wasn’t the issue! Lol

Reactions: nbanflfactory
You haven't paid much attention to Kentucky football if you think they're just a basketball school.

Mark Stoops has done a damn good job there.

Yeah, but you're spoiling his perfectly good temper tantrum. Some people here are never happy. First it was that we weren't getting to the title game. Now it's that we didn't win. If we did, it would be that we didn't get to the playoff. If we did, it would be that we didn't win.

Throw in a little effort to find whatever you can that's negative and the bashing is complete. I can't imagine being that kind of fan...it has to be miserable. Never happy. Also pissed at the coaches who never do well enough.

Some people can only complain about what they don't have instead of enjoying what they do have . What a great way to live.

I don’t recall saying the Bowl Game was meaningful. That is your speculation, not mine.You probably need to go back and rewatch the game. Since your memory is shit! Defense wasn’t the issue! Lol

His take seems accurate. It was close all game (barn burner), Iowa had a 4th quarter 17-13 lead, and the defense gave up TD with under two minutes left to lose by three.

How would you describe that game?

The year we did go 12-0 there were people on this very board bitching about "style points".
You mean the year Iowa went 12-0 and was considered the fake ID of college football?

Finished the season with two loses, close one to MSU at the B1G title game and blown out by Stanford. Iowa missed every tough team in the B1G that year with an easy non con like most years.

His take seems accurate. It was close all game (barn burner), Iowa had a 4th quarter 17-13 lead, and the defense gave up TD with under two minutes left to lose by three.

How would you describe that game?
Petras couldn’t hit wide open receivers all game long yet KF/BF stuck with the guy to see him panic and throw a ten yard bullet behind the receiver, deflected for an interception to end the game. Iowa snatched defeat from the jaws of victory is how I see that game.

It doesn't take much thought to write about Iowa given recent history. Defense good. Offense sucks. Special teams helpful to very helpful.
An even bigger drag on the O has clearly been atrocious qb play the past 2 years. The part of the article cited was about as polite as it gets by not dissecting Petras bad play but rather referring to a supposed ongoing qb battle. I suppose they had to write something because it just sounds too ridiculous that a team would have two years of bad qb play from the same guy and yet continue to list him as the starter.

Why do all of you Ferentz apologists put your head in the sand the past 5 years? Our defense and ST carried us through every single game. Not once did we have to put the game on the back of the offense to win.
Just because we went 10-2 does not mean we can’t be critical of our offense which was objectively one of the worst in the nation. It’s not unreasonable to ask for _some_ improvement, but y’all are saying we’re just moaning and groaning.
Some improvement is fine. Questions are fine.

The idiots who constantly complain about things they know absolutely nothing about, or complain in defiance of reality are not.

I bet I know what Phil Parker would say if he could about Ferentz critics. There would be multiple f bombs.

You mean the year Iowa went 12-0 and was considered the fake ID of college football?

Finished the season with two loses, close one to MSU at the B1G title game and blown out by Stanford. Iowa missed every tough team in the B1G that year with an easy non con like most years.
This is a typical take. Anything good happens, it was luck, we didn't earn it, etc. Anything bad the coaches suck, the players suck, we suck.

You haven't paid much attention to Kentucky football if you think they're just a basketball school.

Mark Stoops has done a damn good job there.
If Frosty fizzles out this fall, Nebby boosters will pony up to get Stoops.

"The offense is going to be better..."

-----------How? Honestly don't see that happening.
More experienced o-line, running backs that hit the hole harder than Goodson, and hopefully somewhat better play calls. Also, can QB play honestly be any worse than last season?

I can't wait to see how much better Petras is after the quarterback whisperer works his magic.
Can’t be much worse & if he doesn’t get the job done, there are two other QBs on the roster who will be fine. Regardless, the QB position will be good enough to again beat the cyclones:) :)

I don’t care, as long as that d-end (Karlafkis?) and wide receiver Bell are gone, I don’t really worry about Purdue.
I mean, I don't really worry about replacing them. Karlaftis will be the hardest, but the dline has tons of depth and two top 250 DE's coming in and is being coached by one of the better DL coaches in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT