ADVERTISEMENT

Attendance tomorrow?

A

anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba

Thousands of tickets on Stub Hub for less...in many cases, far less...than face. How many people will actually show up at Kinnick tomorrow? I'm guessing maybe 58,000. Cold, damp, and windy doesn't compete very well with warm, dry, and big screen TV. And it may be raining much of tailgating time. That weather, combined with the hangover from last week's fiasco in Madison, are making for an unfortunate Senior Day. Maybe the Hawkeyes can put on a good show anyway and send the seniors out on a big positive.

Thousands of tickets on Stub Hub for less...in many cases, far less...than face. How many people will actually show up at Kinnick tomorrow? I'm guessing maybe 58,000. Cold, damp, and windy doesn't compete very well with warm, dry, and big screen TV. And it may be raining much of tailgating time. That weather, combined with the hangover from last week's fiasco in Madison, are making for an unfortunate Senior Day. Maybe the Hawkeyes can put on a good show anyway and send the seniors out on a big positive.
Sold my 3 for $40 a piece on stubhub. Hope they show up. I did in Madison but they didn’t

Definitely be some be some empty seats most students went home for the holiday.Plus rain to snow windy yuck.Good news for those going to nebby next week sunny upper 50s light wind yippee

I'll be there with my go-to seatmate. My brothers and all my friends bailed on the extra ticket, but we'll be warm, dry and happy to spend senior day with our respected buds. Go Hawks, Hoping for a win - for you.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
You got that right. 40 degrees and 20 mph winds, not extreme weather conditions for the tough and loyal Hawkeye fans. I'll be there to honor the seniors, wave to the kids in the hospital and cheer on the team.

If I could like this twice I would. The weather will suck but who cares? Fans can do only one thing on game day to make a difference. Show up and support the team.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
The weather will suck but who cares? Fans can do only one thing on game day to make a difference. Show up and support the team.

That's a noble sentiment, indeed, and I absolutely respect it. That used to be me, but not anymore. As another poster noted, when the Hawkeyes don't show up, like in Madison last week, sometimes you wonder if sitting out in the weather is worth it when you don't have to.

As you know, for most of the history of college football, if you wanted to see a game, you had to show up, weather or no weather. It's a whole different story now.

That's a noble sentiment, indeed, and I absolutely respect it. That used to be me, but not anymore. As another poster noted, when the Hawkeyes don't show up, like in Madison last week, sometimes you wonder if sitting out in the weather is worth it when you don't have to.

As you know, for most of the history of college football, if you wanted to see a game, you had to show up, weather or no weather. It's a whole different story now.

So frustrated but it literally the only thing I can do to "make a difference" in the game. Or just make snarky comments today. I'll keep going and I'll keep yelling to support.

Gave ours away for free to a neighbor.

Ill get tickets again next year unless they jump up in price. If they raise the price Ill probably just scalp

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT