ADVERTISEMENT

Attorney Says Woman Who Stole Squad Car, Dragged Officer on West Side, Had Been Sexually Assaulted

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
A nude woman lying in the street stole a Chicago police squad car, ran over an officer with it and then crashed it Monday morning, Superintendent David Brown said at a news conference.

Police received a call of a woman in the street unclothed, Brown said. When police tried to see what was wrong and help the woman, she charged and assaulted an officer, got in the squad car and drove off.

KCQW23E6BBFMTE7XD4CVRNORJI.jpg

A Chicago Police Department SUV, smashed on both sides and with additional damages, faces east on West Harrison Street after being involved in a crash on June 13, 2022 in Chicago. Several other cars were also damaged. (Stacey Wescott / Chicago Tribune)
The officer was hospitalized for injuries to a leg and a cut to the head, the superintendent said.

The woman crashed and was arrested, Brown said.

According to surveillance video of the incident viewed by the Tribune, a woman was seen for a couple of seconds standing outside the passenger side of a red minivan that was in traffic at Jackson Boulevard and Kostner Avenue on the West Side.

The woman ran across the street to a dark blue SUV. She approached the vehicle on the front passenger side and the SUV drove away from her, the video shows.

The woman appeared to run alongside the SUV and open the passenger door as it drove off, the video shows. The momentum of the fleeing SUV appeared to cause the woman to fall in the middle of the intersection.

By then, a marked Chicago police SUV with its blue emergency lights flashing arrived on scene as the woman was on the ground, the video shows.

The officer appeared to calmly exit the SUV and walk toward the woman, who got up.

She walked toward the officer, then walked past him and, with no or very little resistance, got into the driver’s seat of his SUV, the video shows. The officer grabbed hold of the woman’s arm as the driver’s side door remained open for a couple seconds, the video shows.

The woman then put the car in reverse, knocking the officer to the ground. The officer appeared to either get run over by the car or pushed by the car behind another vehicle that was in traffic, the video shows. The police SUV’s driver’s side door was damaged when it struck the back of that other vehicle, and the woman sped away from the scene.

According to a media alert, officers responded to a call of shots fired about 9:50 a.m. There they were “confronted” by a 34-year-old woman who took control of a squad car.

The officer was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released, the alert said.

The woman drove away from the area while hitting multiple vehicles, the alert said. She was eventually arrested and taken to Stroger Hospital in an unknown condition. Charges are pending.

• Haha
Reactions: desihawk
A nude woman lying in the street stole a Chicago police squad car, ran over an officer with it and then crashed it Monday morning, Superintendent David Brown said at a news conference.

Police received a call of a woman in the street unclothed, Brown said. When police tried to see what was wrong and help the woman, she charged and assaulted an officer, got in the squad car and drove off.

KCQW23E6BBFMTE7XD4CVRNORJI.jpg

A Chicago Police Department SUV, smashed on both sides and with additional damages, faces east on West Harrison Street after being involved in a crash on June 13, 2022 in Chicago. Several other cars were also damaged. (Stacey Wescott / Chicago Tribune)
The officer was hospitalized for injuries to a leg and a cut to the head, the superintendent said.

The woman crashed and was arrested, Brown said.

According to surveillance video of the incident viewed by the Tribune, a woman was seen for a couple of seconds standing outside the passenger side of a red minivan that was in traffic at Jackson Boulevard and Kostner Avenue on the West Side.

The woman ran across the street to a dark blue SUV. She approached the vehicle on the front passenger side and the SUV drove away from her, the video shows.

The woman appeared to run alongside the SUV and open the passenger door as it drove off, the video shows. The momentum of the fleeing SUV appeared to cause the woman to fall in the middle of the intersection.

By then, a marked Chicago police SUV with its blue emergency lights flashing arrived on scene as the woman was on the ground, the video shows.

The officer appeared to calmly exit the SUV and walk toward the woman, who got up.

She walked toward the officer, then walked past him and, with no or very little resistance, got into the driver’s seat of his SUV, the video shows. The officer grabbed hold of the woman’s arm as the driver’s side door remained open for a couple seconds, the video shows.

The woman then put the car in reverse, knocking the officer to the ground. The officer appeared to either get run over by the car or pushed by the car behind another vehicle that was in traffic, the video shows. The police SUV’s driver’s side door was damaged when it struck the back of that other vehicle, and the woman sped away from the scene.

According to a media alert, officers responded to a call of shots fired about 9:50 a.m. There they were “confronted” by a 34-year-old woman who took control of a squad car.

The officer was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released, the alert said.

The woman drove away from the area while hitting multiple vehicles, the alert said. She was eventually arrested and taken to Stroger Hospital in an unknown condition. Charges are pending.

giphy.gif

How do they know the cop is a top and not a bottom? It’s referenced in the headline but not clarified in the story.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
I am thinking once pics surface you will be more appalled than aroused.
Per article: "The officer appeared to calmly exit the SUV and walk toward the woman, who got up. She walked toward the officer, then walked past him and, with no or very little resistance, got into the driver’s seat of his SUV, the video shows."

So the officer did not take one look at her and just drive away or yell at her over the loudspeaker or wait for backup which i think he would have if she was a dawg. Good chance that the officer just got hypnotized by her assets, else no way he just does nothing at all as she walks by into his suv. Future generations of journalists i think will prove me right.

edit(some hours later): unfortunately proven wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: EagleHawk
Reilly-Magnolia.jpg

I don't think that cop can ever show his face in the station again. Overwhelmed by a nude woman that stole his car and then ran him over? LMAO.

You make it sound like it’s uncommon.

Most have us have had much more stolen and much more damage afflicted.

I was thinking maybe just wanted to cool off in the AC, but it wasn't nearly as hot yesterday as it is today.

You're going to see more and more of this. Cops are afraid to do anything that can be considered wrong in the publics eye.
Including letting a woman just get into the drivers seat of a cop car, which is still running?
That’s not ‘afraid to do anything’, that’s a big mistake.
She just walked right by him and got into his vehicle.

Including letting a woman just get into the drivers seat of a cop car, which is still running?
That’s not ‘afraid to do anything’, that’s a big mistake.
She just walked right by him and got into his vehicle.
He just let her? You didn't see him go hands on? He should have went hands on or tased her before getting that close to the door, but I'm sure he's thinking how will it look being physical or tasing a naked woman. He didn't think or know that she would climb in the car. He's dealt with thousands of these types of incidents and I would assume this was the first time this was the outcome. This is why you always lock the doors when you get out of it. Problem solved.

Don’t hire them, and wait for better applicants.
Noticed I said applying. Regardless, it comes to the point where you have no choice. You are severely understaffed and you are losing good cops that are being overworked to fill the overtime from being short staffed. At what point do you stop waiting for better applicants that aren't out there? I know it's easy to just say the opposite of whatever I do, but you just have no clue how things work.

Noticed I said applying. Regardless, it comes to the point where you have no choice. You are severely understaffed and you are losing good cops that are being overworked to fill the overtime from being short staffed. At what point do you stop waiting for better applicants that aren't out there? I know it's easy to just say the opposite of whatever I do, but you just have no clue how things work.
I gotchu hawk man. You seem like an awesome cop.

Cut back on staffing.

ADVERTISEMENT