ADVERTISEMENT

Aunt Amy is quietly gaining momentum in the polls....

The polls still show her at 2% to 3%. I really like her and she might be my favorite candidate left, but I am in the same boat as many in that article. I feel like a vote for her in the caucuses would be a wasted that could have gone pete or biden or even yang, because I really do not want warren or bernie to be the candidate.

The story says she's recently seen poll numbers double to 6 percent, and she's now in the top 5.

The story says she's recently seen poll numbers double to 6 percent, and she's now in the top 5.
Yeah but that's like saying you're the fastest growing business out there. While it might be true, you started at the bottom. So as a percentage the increase looks amazing, but you're still peanuts in the big picture.

I've seen many prefer candidates more to the left, but no one saying they can't stand her. What is that makes it so you can't stand her?

I honestly don’t know. There is something subconscious that makes me cringe and sends alarm bells off in my head.

It’s not policy, record, or anything I can identify.

It reminds me of the guy that always weirds you out and you don’t know why. Then they discover dead toddlers in his basement and you realize your subconscious was telling you something. But....I’m her case nothing this extreme (I hope).

The polls still show her at 2% to 3%. I really like her and she might be my favorite candidate left, but I am in the same boat as many in that article. I feel like a vote for her in the caucuses would be a wasted vote that could have gone to pete or biden or even yang, because I really do not want warren or bernie to be the candidate.

But this is the beauty of the caucuses: You can go and stand in Amy's corner for the first round, then, if she is not "viable" (what is it, 15%?), you can then move to another corner.

Your comment makes me wonder if you know how the caucuses work.

I honestly don’t know. There is something subconscious that makes me cringe and sends alarm bells off in my head.

It reminds me of the guy that always weirds you out and you don’t know why. Then they discover dead toddlers in his basement and you realize your subconscious was telling you something. But....I’m her case nothing this extreme (I hope).
The thing that I notice with her is the shaking in her voice when she starts getting talking...it's like she's on the edge of exploding on somebody. I don't if she is nervous because of the debate stage or what.

She seems ok enough but would get beaten like a drum by Trump. To me she comes off as trying to be tough because she knows she's not.

But this is the beauty of the caucuses: You can go and stand in Amy's corner for the first round, then, if she is not "viable" (what is it, 15%?), you can then move to another corner.

Your comment makes me wonder if you know how the caucuses work.
I am a republican. We don't do any of that in Iowa we cast a ballot. I will be registering as a democrat so I am not familiar with any of that.

Even if that holds up, it's not likely to be enough in almost any precinct. Going from "who dat?" to "considering" is not that far of a leap. Taking the next step into contender status is MUCH harder. I'd say her only hope of becoming a factor is if Biden completely craters and people start reconsidering Buttigieg. As of now there's really no evidence that either of them are losing much support, Pete seems to be taking his support mostly from Warren. She probably won't be taken on as a VP since the Senate margins will be close, and if she became the Veep, her seat would have to go to a special election in 2021. This was very much the situation with Sherrod Brown when he was under consideration by Hillary, though that was even a step further in a GOP governor picking his replacement.

I will be standing in Aunt Amy’s corner come Caucus night. Initially, any way. She, Bennett and Biden have been my choices for several weeks. Joe won’t need my support....and Bennett won’t be viable (sadly)...So it is Amy by default.

Reactions: Gimmered
I will be standing in Aunt Amy’s corner come Caucus night. Initially, any way. She, Bennett and Biden have been my choices for several weeks. Joe won’t need my support....and Bennett won’t be viable (sadly)...So it is Amy by default.
Bennet is your choice but neither you nor 99% of others know how to spell his name. He's the Rodney Dangerfield of the field.

Reactions: BeepBeepInMyJeep
Auto-correct doesn’t either.
Yeah I get it was probably autocorrect in your instance but for most people it is not. They simply don't care enough about him to know that his last name is spelled unusually. And for the record, he was my top choice.

Why don’t the Democrats adopt ranked choice voting for a primary instead standing in corners?

Is it just tradition, or is there a lot of ‘lobbying’ (or is caucusing the verb to use?) in between rounds of standing in the corner?

Bennet has been my number one from the get go.

I am a republican. We don't do any of that in Iowa we cast a ballot. I will be registering as a democrat so I am not familiar with any of that.
Huh, was that was the Reps. were doing in the other room in 2007? Iin the school where I caucused. What kind of ballots and how were they counted?

Huh, was that was the Reps. were doing in the other room in 2007? Iin the school where I caucused. What kind of ballots and how were they counted?
Don't really remember honestly. Where we poll now you fill out a bubble sheet which is electronically scanned/tallied.

"While yesterday's caucus in Iowa was incredibly close on the democratic side, with Hillary Clinton winning 22 State Delegates (and 49.9% of the popular vote) and Bernie Sanders with 21 (and 49.6%), the individual caucus precinct races were even closer. In some Iowa counties, there were an odd number of County Delegates to be awarded (or in one case, an orphan delegate), and the Clinton/Sanders races were literally a dead heat. And in the case of a dead heat, Iowa has a rule on which candidate receives the odd delegate: a coin toss.

Unbelievable coin toss decides a dead heat in west Davenport! @HillaryClinton wins! @chucktodd @CNBC @NBCNews pic.twitter.com/CtsvYJllBf

— Andrew Tadlock (@andytadlock) February 2, 2016"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/starts...ry-clintons-coin-toss-victories/#32d659365af6

Having met Klobuchar in professional and social settings she strikes me as kind, sincere, and conscientious. I’m not a supporter but she strikes me as most genuine.

Reactions: Rudolph
Liar. You want free stuff from Pocahontas. :cool:

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
Why don’t the Democrats adopt ranked choice voting for a primary instead standing in corners?

Is it just tradition, or is there a lot of ‘lobbying’ (or is caucusing the verb to use?) in between rounds of standing in the corner?

I wish it was a primary. It is a caucus. Basically you come in during the 2 hour scheduled window, and stand in the area designated for your candidate of choice. They go over a bunch of stupid ish you dont care about, ask for donations to the local DNC, try to gather signatures on petitions to run for office. It is an effing nightmare and gets away less people to turn out than it should.

I would love ranked voting but I would settle for standard voting.

Reactions: Rudolph

She's two-faced and nasty, which can also be referred to as Minnesota nice, doncha know?

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
No. Please, no. Do not want a mental picture of that.

Tulsi, yes. Amy, no.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT