ADVERTISEMENT

Aunt Becky takes Plea Deal

2 months, Target Boy gets 5. Im thinking she will only serve one.

https://people.com/crime/lori-lough...e-to-plead-guilty-in-college-admissions-case/

original.jpg

Reactions: ping72
That’s ridiculous. Jail time in a pandemic is cruel and unusual punishment. Especially so for this act which shouldn’t even be a criminal matter. If the college wants to sue her in a civil case, fine. But the government should not be prosecuting people for bribes to private companies/individuals. That’s just capitalism.

Wow a whole 2 months. That will teach those rich people to cheat the system!!! Crime pays if you are rich. What's the worst that could happen to you? You spend a couple months at most in a minimum security facility.

That’s ridiculous. Jail time in a pandemic is cruel and unusual punishment. Especially so for this act which shouldn’t even be a criminal matter. If the college wants to sue her in a civil case, fine. But the government should not be prosecuting people for bribes to private companies/individuals. That’s just capitalism.

Last I checked bribes are illegal. Both giving them and receiving them.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Outstanding work right here, kid.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Since it is legal to make huge donations to a school to get kids in, I find it ridiculous to ask for any kind of jail sentences for bribery which is doing the same thing. Fine the scofflaws but leave it at that.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Guessing it will be 2 months of house arrest instead of actual jail time and she will get time served.... and sentence complete.

Reactions: lucas80
True, but USC's a private school, so this still seems like a bit of overreach.

Doesn't matter.

If I own a private company and decide who I hire based on their willingness to service me sexually that's illegal. Shoot that's roughly what Weinstein did and he's considered a monster.

It's not much different with bribes and a private school.

It's just the flu.

Federal time is the full time for sentences of 12 months or less. At 12 months and 1 day the inmate will earn their allotted time off for good behavior. Home confinement or halfway house placement is not “normally” considered for inmates serving sentences of 6 months or less.

Felicity Huffman didnt serve all of hers

If you like this post, I’ll give you a like.

That should not be a crime.

I disagree.

I suppose you can't police every form of bribery but if allowed in it's most blatant forms, it severely ruins some people's chances of success while enhancing other's in a way that is in no way tied to merit.

And if bribery is illegal how is it much different from Weistein who is considered a monster? He sold off roles for sex. Sex was his bribe. That too advantages some people over others in ways that are not tied to merit.

Felicity Huffman didnt serve all of hers
She served 2 or 3 days less. I believe her release date was on a holiday or weekend and inmates are not released on those days. They’re called “public law days” and factored into the inmates actual release from custody. I am retired Bureau of Prisons and preparing release paperwork was a part of my job.

Last edited:
Maybe she'll hire Sidney Powell to be her defense lawyer and try to back out of the plea deal.

Wait...what?

Are you questioning it's illegality or are you questioning how the two are related.

I'm pretty sure that if you openly tell them they need to service you sexually to get the job it's considered harassment and is a crime.

It's related because sexual favors in return for something of that nature could be considered a bribe.

I disagree.

I suppose you can't police every form of bribery but if allowed in it's most blatant forms, it severely ruins some people's chances of success while enhancing other's in a way that is in no way tied to merit.

And if bribery is illegal how is it much different from Weistein who is considered a monster? He sold off roles for sex. Sex was his bribe. That too advantages some people over others in ways that are not tied to merit.
Bribery of public officials should be illegal. But bribing private people or organizations to do something for you is how the economy works. We all bribe people to give us favorable service or goods all the time.

our society has decided sex is not a legitimate form of currency. But good looking people do get special favors all the time. That too is just how the world works and government shouldn’t try to regulate either.

Bribery of public officials should be illegal. But bribing private people or organizations to do something for you is how the economy works. We all bribe people to give us favorable service or goods all the time.

our society has decided sex is not a legitimate form of currency. But good looking people do get special favors all the time. That too is just how the world works and government shouldn’t try to regulate either.

Paying a price for services or goods =/= to Bribery.

Bribery is giving of money, goods, services to someone in exchange for something which is normally earned via another method. . . usually merit.

Admission to college is earned via merit. The wealthy don't need extra advantages so as to take the spots of the meritorious.

Again it can't be totally stopped and may be hard to catch but making illegal it's most blatant forms will help big time. Because it at the very least would make the offering or the asking for of a bribe a risky proposition as if the other side turns you down they may blow the whistle on you.

Last edited:
Paying a price for services or goods =/= to Bribery.

Bribery is giving of money, goods, services to someone in exchange for something which is normally earned via another method. . . usually merit.

Admission to college is earned via merit. The wealthy don't need extra advantages so as to take the spots of the meritorious.

Again it can't be totally stopped and may be hard to catch but making illegal it's most blatant forms will help big time. Because it at the very least would make the offering or the asking for of a bribe a risky proposition as if the other side turns you down they may blow the whistle on you.
Places at private schools aren’t decided by merit.

I really don't care one way or another about the punishment. I just find it hilarious that she was caught and has been publicly shamed for it, and it will cost her her career. I find it even more hilarious that her one daughter stated on her popular YouTube channel before this went down that she "doesn't really care about school." LOL. Hope it was worth it, Aunt Becky.

At the very least, this will serve as a warning to others who want to try to pull the same sh#t, which has been going on forever and rarely works out. You could ask Jose Menendez if it was worth bribing Princeton to get Lyle admitted, except that that same kid blew his head off.

Places at private schools aren’t decided by merit.

Generally they are. I certainly didn't earn my place at a private school due to family money.

I suppose I had 2 cousins attending there already but I don't think they knew that, nor cared. And I don't think having 2 non athlete cousins attending there at the time is going to make administrators jump up and down that they have to admit this guy for legacy reasons.

I wonder if there is a statute of limitations for a school like Penn?
Fred Trump is long since dead. Bribing Penn to get Donald a degree was far too complex for Fred to have let Donald do it. He knew his kid was stupid, that's why he had to bribe Penn in the first place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT