ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Ash?

hawk_it

HR All-State
Jul 22, 2004
Is Austin Ash with the team this year as a preferred walk-on? If so does he get to travel to Europe with the team this summer?

Is Austin Ash with the team this year as a preferred walk-on? If so does he get to travel to Europe with the team this summer?
I could be wrong about this but I have been under the impression only scholarship players go on the overseas trips. Not 100% certain about this but I think this is the way it works.

Give the kid credit, he could of gone to a number of D3 schools and got some time. No ill will to the kid..probably a good dude, just far from a D1 player. Just like in college football....need human blocking dummies.

Give the kid credit, he could of gone to a number of D3 schools and got some time. No ill will to the kid..probably a good dude, just far from a D1 player. Just like in college football....need human blocking dummies.

Chances are you're correct but you never know. Baer started out as a human blocking dummy.

I sure hope he gets to go on the trip. Kid comes in and commits himself to helping make the team better, and knows that he will most likely never play in a meaningful minute.

The $4000.00 it costs to add him to the travel party is a drop in the bucket to this athletic department. Sure would be a heck of an experience and memory for him, and a good reward.

Last edited:
Reactions: nu2u
I do believe that everyone on the team can go...walk on or scholarship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT