ADVERTISEMENT

Austin DeSanto Granted Release

Interesting; does nothing for our 133 problem next year. He was/is a punk for his display at nationals. But he would benefit from the Iowa room. He’d learn to lose better...
He could go right away for us at 133, and he would be an AA contender. I would think that does something for our 133 problem. He should've been an AA as a true frosh this year, but lost his head and got dinged for stalling 4 times in the 3rd period of his R12 match he was winning 6-2. Then lost in SV.

This would be huge. He would slot in perfectly at 133. Not to mention the 2020 class is absolutely loaded with lightweights and who can take over the lower weights after a redshirt.

Reactions: SDHN2013 and Dagboi
He could go right away for us at 133, and he would be an AA contender. I would think that does something for our 133 problem. He should've been an AA as a true frosh this year, but lost his head and got dinged for stalling 4 times in the 3rd period of his R12 match he was winning 6-2. Then lost in SV.

No sit out for a transfer? That’s only reason I said won’t help next year, Under impression he had to sit out...

Like LaxHawk said above, some of you guys deal way too much in absolutes. Someone can display D-Bag behavior and not be a D-Bag. Now if you have a long line of that behavior you probably are a D-Bag. Im sure if someone televised the lowlights of just about all of our lives it would be pretty scary.

Like LaxHawk said above, some of you guys deal way too much in absolutes. Someone can display D-Bag behavior and not be a D-Bag. Now if you have a long line of that behavior you probably are a D-Bag. Im sure if someone televised the lowlights of just about all of our lives it would be pretty scary.

Lots of people were against Metcalf for his antics with Caldwell...came back next year and shut em up.

DeSanto in the Iowa room is a top 6 guy. He would train with Lee and TnT and become a beast. Our coaches are what he needs. I dont like the stuff he pulled at NCAA's but he is a good mentor away from being elite.

Check out Micic’s comments regarding DeSanto post match. Said he almost felt sorry for the kid because it’s almost like he has a block on not being able to attack one side. If I worried about DeSanto, it would be with this issue. His behavior stuff is highlighted now and he will be in a short leash no matter where he goes. He needs a lot of support dealing with those issues. Imagine the storyline if he and Lee were in the same room.

Check out Micic’s comments regarding DeSanto post match. Said he almost felt sorry for the kid because it’s almost like he has a block on not being able to attack one side. If I worried about DeSanto, it would be with this issue. His behavior stuff is highlighted now and he will be in a short leash no matter where he goes. He needs a lot of support dealing with those issues. Imagine the storyline if he and Lee were in the same room.
Newly formed Joint-Vision quest to topple PSU.

Posted this in another thread but heard DeSanto suffers from Asperger Syndrome which could explain a great deal about some of his minor lapses in judgement.

Iowa Staff needs to invite him to the World Cup this weekend. How th hell has Carl already visited him when he just got a release?

My guess is he has had his release awhile and it’s just now getting out. If he goes to PSU then their wealth of talent at the lower weights would be unreal.

Hopefully there is some scholarship money available for him at Iowa.

The fact that Carl is even looking to bring him in screams keep someone else from getting him or throwing "$$$" into it to make others pay more. There will be the old, he can RS while RBY wrestles or we can wrestle him and RS RBY but eventually people will be on the bench. Even if they swap RS, You would have a Jr. Desanto and Soph RBY not to mention a Soph Teasdale, Soph Teske and RS Fr Busiello all hanging out. Considering only Teske looks like a long term 125 they would have 4 guys for 1 weight unless they bumped Lee up then 4 for two weights and Lee going up pushing out Verk.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Cael visits Desanto. What does he say? "We have 5 blue chip light weights committed/on the team already and no scholarship money available and are 2 AA deep at half of our weights, but we think you'll enjoy our dodgeball competitions and you can touch the team championship trophy and be in the picture after nationals next year."

The fact that Carl is even looking to bring him in screams keep someone else from getting him or throwing "$$$" into it to make others pay more. There will be the old, he can RS while RBY wrestles or we can wrestle him and RS RBY but eventually people will be on the bench. Even if they swap RS, You would have a Jr. Desanto and Soph RBY not to mention a Soph Teasdale, Soph Teske and RS Fr Busiello all hanging out. Considering only Teske looks like a long term 125 they would have 4 guys for 1 weight unless they bumped Lee up then 4 for two weights and Lee going up pushing out Verk.

It's ok, I'm sure Cassar is satisfied that he can put "PSU NCAA wrestling team championship" on his resume now. Cael probably brought Cassar along with on the recruiting trip to see Desanto. "Cassar tell him how much fun we have in the room playing dodgeball".

Interesting; does nothing for our 133 problem next year. He was/is a punk for his display at nationals. But he would benefit from the Iowa room. He’d learn to lose better...

Unless I missed he is set on taking a RS then I disagree it would do nothing for our 133 problem.

Reactions: bnicolls
Desanto to Iowa would be a perfect storm. Perfect for Hawk fans because it fills your only hole on the team with an AA threat. Perfect for wrestling fans because Desanto is very polarizing. Lots of people loved him and his attacking style. Lot of people hate what he did at NCAAs and would feed into the "Iowa hatred" Feel like he would be a perfect fit in the room at Iowa unless he pulls the antics on Lee in which case Lee destroys him.

Desanto to Iowa would be a perfect storm. Perfect for Hawk fans because it fills your only hole on the team with an AA threat. Perfect for wrestling fans because Desanto is very polarizing. Lots of people loved him and his attacking style. Lot of people hate what he did at NCAAs and would feed into the "Iowa hatred" Feel like he would be a perfect fit in the room at Iowa unless he pulls the antics on Lee in which case Lee destroys him.
He was hated here until 45 minutes ago.. much like PD3 now he's just misunderstood....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: artradley

Seems like what Cael is doing is going to come crashing down at some point.

ADVERTISEMENT