ADVERTISEMENT

Austin DeSanto Granted Release

Hope Spencer is in the car with TnT traveling to PA! Spencer developed a relationship with him after the state finals and cornered him in one of Flo’s event.

How do we think Lee would feel about DeSanto in the room at 33? Good? Bad? Doesnt care?

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Cael visits Desanto. What does he say? "We have 5 blue chip light weights committed/on the team already and no scholarship money available and are 2 AA deep at half of our weights, but we think you'll enjoy our dodgeball competitions and you can touch the team championship trophy and be in the picture after nationals next year."
He already visited him

The fact that Carl is even looking to bring him in screams keep someone else from getting him or throwing "$$$" into it to make others pay more. There will be the old, he can RS while RBY wrestles or we can wrestle him and RS RBY but eventually people will be on the bench. Even if they swap RS, You would have a Jr. Desanto and Soph RBY not to mention a Soph Teasdale, Soph Teske and RS Fr Busiello all hanging out. Considering only Teske looks like a long term 125 they would have 4 guys for 1 weight unless they bumped Lee up then 4 for two weights and Lee going up pushing out Verk.
Seems pretty clear that PSU is hoping to keep him away from Iowa City more than attract him to F*** Valley. There's clearly no need at PSU, but that hasn't stopped them from stockpiling top recruits in the past, nor has the 9.9 scholarship limit. Carl knows the Hawks creep that much closer in 2019 if they land Austin, and I have little doubt that Carl will do all he can to keep him out of the Iowa room.

Last edited:
Like LaxHawk said above, some of you guys deal way too much in absolutes. Someone can display D-Bag behavior and not be a D-Bag. Now if you have a long line of that behavior you probably are a D-Bag. Im sure if someone televised the lowlights of just about all of our lives it would be pretty scary.

True dat.

I don’t want DeSanto anywhere near Iowa’s wrestling room. DeSanto showed at NCAAs that when he’s being beat, a la Micic match, his emotions get the best of him. I’d expect Spencer Lee to consistently dominate him in practice. The history of dirty wrestling by DeSanto, coupled with Lee’s knee problems could end up in a disastrous situation.

How old is he 18 or 19? Good thing nobody here ever made mistakes at that age. And I have zero problem with people saying he acted bad at the tourney but realize in the right environment he can flourish and be a better person. With what we have and with the way the Brands are wired, if they thought he would not fit in they wouldn't touch him. I trust the coaches at the end of the day.

My guess is he has had his release awhile and it’s just now getting out. If he goes to PSU then their wealth of talent at the lower weights would be unreal.

Hopefully there is some scholarship money available for him at Iowa.
Kinda ironic that we wonder about scholarship availability at a need weight for Iowa but don't really question its availability at PSU, where 133 is already stacked with top 10 P4P recruits.

I don’t want DeSanto anywhere near Iowa’s wrestling room. DeSanto showed at NCAAs that when he’s being beat, a la Micic match, his emotions get the best of him. I’d expect Spencer Lee to consistently dominate him in practice. The history of dirty wrestling by DeSanto, coupled with Lee’s knee problems could end up in a disastrous situation.
His passion to win is great just need to channel that and use it in the future! Wish a few Hawks on this team showed 10% of that passion and actually attempted a shot!

Wow. Come on Austin, let’s make this happen...

Lee
Austin
Murin
Lugo
Kem
Bull
Young
Cash
Warner
Stoll

While impressive; that’s still a 2nd place team. Need $$ or Bowman/Young to really show more than this year....(Yes, Young’s sample was small this year)

It always amuses me when people demonize someone when they do something stupid. Yes, he absolutely was in the wrong and was called on the carpet for it. It doesn't mean he is a dirty wrestler. Curious if anyone remembers what Gilman did, I believe to a Missouri wrestler, several years ago? Cheap, yes, bit it doesn't mean his is a cheap wrestler. Got caught up in the heat of the moment, got frustrated, and made a bad decision on how to deal with it.

And if a wrestler or any other athlete worries about what message board posters say, then they are hardly worth recruiting because their focus is far from where it needs to be.

Only 1 person can do that and they are not on any one's coaching staff.
I had a conversation with a guy who was in the room daily with him in HS(probably on a similar level as you) and knows him well and he said Renteria's diet is awful. Just no discipline on that end. Don't think he can make 133 anymore. Isn't his nickname "fatboy"?

Can’t say that didn’t cross my mind too. May need a trained sniper in the rafters.

Reactions: UnionBarForever
I had a conversation with a guy who was in the room daily with him in HS(probably on a similar level as you) and knows him well and he said Renteria's diet is awful. Just no discipline on that end. Don't think he can make 133 anymore. Isn't his nickname "fatboy"?

So where does this guy see him at? 141?

So is this the 133 transfer that was rumored to be in the works? DeSanto must have made this decision a while back if so.

You double talking idiots better hope he never reads this board... All the back pedaling is absolutely laughable...

He was hated here until 45 minutes ago.. much like PD3 now he's just misunderstood....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

There are people on our own board (BWI) that are doing the same thing. This isn’t the topic to troll

PSU fans (trolls) who hear DeSanto has been released and considering Iowa, running to the Iowa Boards...
giphy.gif

So where does this guy see him at? 141?
Didn't really get into that. We were taking about Renteria and the redshirt being pulled and he said it was for sure that he couldn't make weight. The guy didn't seem to be too high on him. Didn't get into too much detail but seems like there are some character issues. Granted this was only one guy so maybe don't read into it too much.

What DeSanto did in a single match was widely criticized, and with good reason. Very little beyond that. Are you implying the PSU forum approved of it?

WetDreams.... you're such a troll.
I'm pretty sure he is a gopher fan, and isn't on his first screen name.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT