ADVERTISEMENT

Austin DeSanto Granted Release

So PSU having Teske, Teasdale, RBY & and Buseillo coming in isn't enough to man 133 for the next 4-5 years?

Yeah, actually PSU is fine at the lower weights already, with 4 top tier recruits already lined up. They don't really need another.

It's just that after recruiting very low cost top p4p guys over the past few years - Joseph, Nolf, Nickal, Nevills, Hall, Rasheed, Manville, Lee, Berge, Brooks, Beard, J Lee, S Nevills, RBY, Teasdale, Teske, and Busiello, PSU's slush fund had a little extra cash laying around.

133, 141, 174, 184 and 197 were not great weights for Iowa last year.

133 was the most problematic, and DeSanto would remedy that (assuming he behaves).

141 (Murin or Turk) and 197 (Warner) look to be in good shape for next year.

Still need more at 174 and184.

My guess is that there is no one in the Drexler room beating Austin on a regular basis, so he has little or no experience losing in the current environment. That’s making it tough for him to adjust, maybe?

Last edited:
Reactions: Grip220
I'm pretty sure he is a gopher fan, and isn't on his first screen name.

Is this hakein_it_easy from Twitter?

I ask cuz around the same timeframe as your post. That person accused me of being DreamCrush and I said yup nailed it.

In case you were wondering I am not DreamCrush. I am a Gopher fan though and am on my second name. Thanks Mitch.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
Any chance Desanto can make 125? If so that would explain Cael’s interest..
Possible, but I think if he could have he would have been then this year... I think Carl doesn't want Iowa to have him and if he can't he could at least try to make it more expensive for the Hawks making it harder to land other recruits in the next few years.

Possible, but I think if he could have he would have been then this year... I think Carl doesn't want Iowa to have him and if he can't he could at least try to make it more expensive for the Hawks making it harder to land other recruits in the next few years.
It's almost like your making Carl out to be like he's the "God Almighty".

Reactions: Grip220
If he goes to PSU, the biggest loser is Teske. Bonehead decision when it’s blantantly obvious Carl is attracted to the next best thing to come along.

125) Teske
133) DeSanto
141) Renteria
149) Red
157) Berger
165) White
174) Mikey Labs
184) Venz
197) Schultz
hvy) Jensen/Grayson

Say goodnight Hawkeyes

I heard that he didn’t ask for the release, he was released from the team. Meaning he was kicked off the team. Big difference than him seeking a better room for competition. My opinion is skeptical.

Take it for what it is, but a fairly reliable source told me he is announcing Iowa this week or next.

I've heard similar though maybe not as good of a source. The Desantos and Lees have forged a friendship and we already know Spencer is a fan of Desanto's. Anyone "worried" about Lee needs to relax as these two kids have an actual relationship with each other.

Desanto earned all criticism for the Micic match but that doesn't mean he should be put into wrestling purgatory for life. Learn and move on, just like most all of us did at some point in our lives.

You guys crack me up, 1 minute the kid shouldn't wrestle anymore and the next your staff can help him out cause he fits into the hole in your line up? I believe you'd give Charley Manson a 2nd chance if he could AA at 133 next year for you. Your team & it's history are better than this!

You guys crack me up, 1 minute the kid shouldn't wrestle anymore and the next your staff can help him out cause he fits into the hole in your line up? I believe you'd give Charley Manson a 2nd chance if he could AA at 133 next year for you. Your team & it's history are better than this!

I don’t recall anyone saying he shouldn’t wrestle. I was vehement that he should have been DQ’d. Tom wouldn’t put up with that shit, so we’d be a good place for him to learn right from wrong. It’s not like he was posting road-head videos on the interweb.

ADVERTISEMENT