ADVERTISEMENT

Austin DeSanto Granted Release

You guys crack me up, 1 minute the kid shouldn't wrestle anymore and the next your staff can help him out cause he fits into the hole in your line up? I believe you'd give Charley Manson a 2nd chance if he could AA at 133 next year for you. Your team & it's history are better than this!
I just read a story on Penn Live and they say everyone is reaching out to him and they cited and it's been noted already by FLO and others: Penn State, Arizona State, Virginia Tech, Iowa etc...., so I guess there are several in the same category....

Reactions: Huck
I'm hearing Va Tech. Some sources are claiming he's been leaning that way since this happened. I'm also hearing was didn't leave of his own accord, but that he was released.

I know Chance Marstellars' family personally, and like Chance, Austin deserves a second chance, no matter where he ends up.

Reactions: Huck
125) Teske
133) DeSanto
141) Renteria
149) Red
157) Berger
165) White
174) Mikey Labs
184) Venz
197) Schultz
hvy) Jensen/Grayson

Say goodnight Hawkeyes
As an athlete who needs special attention he should honestly look no further than Iowa City. Cool, rural city with a big focus on medicine and patient experience. Look at the Kinnick wave for proof!

You guys crack me up, 1 minute the kid shouldn't wrestle anymore and the next your staff can help him out cause he fits into the hole in your line up? I believe you'd give Charley Manson a 2nd chance if he could AA at 133 next year for you. Your team & it's history are better than this!

Does Charley Manson have a high motor? How good is his fireman’s carry?

I also hate/hated how he acted at the ncaa's and felt he should have been DQ'd. But I also think Iowa might be the best place for him to become the best wrestler he can be. He talks about wanting tough workout partners, there's not a room in the country right now that would give him a better practice. And I'm biased but I don't think there's a better set of coaches that could help him with the way he handles himself on the mat.

I love the thought of this.

The cheap shot in Micic was punktastic, we all know this, but all the sudden, I feel like I can forgive him for it!!!

I mean, without Gilman this year, I felt like something was missing...like a “crazy” void. Iowa needs crazy, otherwise it feels like something is missing.

I love the thought of this.

The cheap shot in Micic was punktastic, we all know this, but all the sudden, I feel like I can forgive him for it!!!

I mean, without Gilman this year, I felt like something was missing...like a “crazy” void. Iowa needs crazy, otherwise it feels like something is missing.

No.

We overacheived at the NCAAs without the crazy. I think we do better without the crazy... Like the direction this group is going. If AD doesn't mess that up, them by all means give it a go. That's my .02

What did you predict for who would be in those weights? Mine: $$/Bowman.

I have young bulking up and Ca$h coming down. I do not feel bowman can make cut to 74, but I certainly could be wrong.

I do not feel most on this board realize how good these men can be at their proper weight classes. I feel the would both be in AA contention!

The HAWKS will be LOADED like a FREIGHT TRAIN if this kid comes!!!

Reactions: Wink8 and Knight563
No.

We overacheived at the NCAAs without the crazy. I think we do better without the crazy... Like the direction this group is going. If AD doesn't mess that up, them by all means give it a go. That's my .02

That’s correct...if the Hawks wouldn’t have had Gilman, then we would have had TWO champs in ‘17!!! Clark and Laux!!! Too bad we had crazies like Metcalf and Gilman...the rest of the team underperformed...because of THEM!!!

Reactions: Dagboi
No need to scratch the theory yet.

CP last summer: Nick Suriano will not leave Penn St.
Also CP last summer: Pat Lugo will not go to Iowa.

I'm sure Tomasello wanted to go 133 this year, but ended up at 125 anyways for the team. If he committed to Iowa he should have a pretty good idea of where he would fit in the lineup.

This is just me being hopeful he fills 133 for us :D

shut up go away....

Last edited:

I'm sure Tomasello wanted to go 133 this year, but ended up at 125 anyways for the team. If he committed to Iowa he should have a pretty good idea of where he would fit in the lineup.

I agree, if he comes to Iowa its to wrestle at 133.

Christian Pyles=DUMBASS, and with that being said guess what I've concluded?
Flo wrestling needs Iowa Wrestling
Iowa Wrestling DOES NOT need Flo wrestling

Just curious.. I thought he went to Drexel to stay close to home. With him being from Pennsylvania, does this give Penn State the inside track?

He could go right away for us at 133, and he would be an AA contender. I would think that does something for our 133 problem. He should've been an AA as a true frosh this year, but lost his head and got dinged for stalling 4 times in the 3rd period of his R12 match he was winning 6-2. Then lost in SV.

I'm with you LAX...can't imagine how he does nothing for our problem at 133. Sure would be nice to have someone who could at least compete at that weight classs...and right now we have nothing, short of someone getting seriously cranked up over the off-season.

Reactions: Dagboi
Get him to Iowa City this Saturday. Prolly needs to check the campus out anyway.

Been some smoke out there for a while that Iowa is in on a 133 transfer. No one else really makes sense. Hopefully this is a done deal. Gonna be hard to swallow if not.

Lots of fellas to develop.
Chief: As a PSU fan I would don't want AD to come to PSU. I would prefer that PSU develops Teasdale, RBY, and Teske (later Busiello). I think that they'll be alright (not on Spencer's level, however, alright). Unless Iowa somehow reloads with transfers I think PSU will be there in 2019 in Pittsburgh. Just my thoughts.

DeSanto in the Iowa room is a top 6 guy. He would train with Lee and TnT and become a beast. Our coaches are what he needs. I dont like the stuff he pulled at NCAA's but he is a good mentor away from being elite.

I concur, Cali. I watched the match again just to ensure I didn't miss anything. More than anything it looked like DeSanto was just pissed, and Micic laughing at him probably didn't help the situation, but I was laughing at him as well. Every since he got turned by Micic he was wrestling out of control like a mental case. I'm with you...a little time in the room with the right people, and maybe a moment or two behind a wood shed, and they would unfuk that mental issue he had in the quarters. I can't imagine any of our 133 pounders challenging him, unless Murin or Turk can get really skinny...

Reactions: Dagboi and HIWILLE
I concur, Cali. I watched the match again just to ensure I didn't miss anything. More than anything it looked like DeSanto was just pissed, and Micic laughing at him probably didn't help the situation, but I was laughing at him as well. Every since he got turned by Micic he was wrestling out of control like a mental case. I'm with you...a little time in the room with the right people, and maybe a moment or two behind a wood shed, and they would unfuk that mental issue he had in the quarters. I can't imagine any of our 133 pounders challenging him, unless Murin or Turk can get really skinny...
I’m gonna have to watch this match again

Reactions: DirkTang1
Chief: As a PSU fan I would don't want AD to come to PSU. I would prefer that PSU develops Teasdale, RBY, and Teske (later Busiello). I think that they'll be alright (not on Spencer's level, however, alright). Unless Iowa somehow reloads with transfers I think PSU will be there in 2019 in Pittsburgh. Just my thoughts.

And I concur with you, my friend. I think adding DeSanto would give us a few much needed points, but I don't think it would put us in the same sentence as you fellas. Right now PSU is stacked, and the rest of the country is going to have seriously pick up their game to beat you. And frankly as an Iowa fan, but also a B10 fan, I enjoy watching PSU wrestling...about 8 out of 10 of your starters wrestle for bonus (e.g., to destroy) every match, and it was nice to see some of the Iowa boys finally do that during the NCAAs this time around. But like I said, you're still well ahead. But we're coming...if we can get our recruiting machine working like Cael's got his going. :)

Only simple minded folk, such as yourself, deal in absolutes. It's possible to entertain the notion that, while his actions were ugly, he's not a horrible person beyond redemption. Seems even Cael thinks hes worthy of a visit.

He may be a good kid, but he still wrestled a "punk match" with Micic.

I agree, if he comes to Iowa its to wrestle at 133.

Yup. I have heard nothing but 133 for him.

I'm with you LAX...can't imagine how he does nothing for our problem at 133. Sure would be nice to have someone who could at least compete at that weight classs...and right now we have nothing, short of someone getting seriously cranked up over the off-season.

I believe said poster didn't understand that he would be immediately eligible.

Just curious.. I thought he went to Drexel to stay close to home. With him being from Pennsylvania, does this give Penn State the inside track?

Things change over the course of a year.

Reactions: HIWILLE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT