ADVERTISEMENT

Austin DeSanto should have been ejected. Embarrassing.

Given the way he was screaming and almost fighting his coach after his last match, I wouldn’t be surprised if his coaches are done with him.

Not surprised to hear transfer rumors.

I was wondering if Desanto was wanting the coaches to challenge something, but maybe coaches did not have any challenges left.

I was wondering that, too...but he was so distracted yelling at his coach that he got taken down twice and lost.

OK, smalls -- let's hear your reasons. This should be interesting. Unless it's nothing more than an April fool's tweet, which I assume it is.
Smalls number 1 reason is that everyone is down on Desanto now so it is an obvious fit for Iowa. Everybody loves to hate the Hawks. Don't let Smalls fool you, he doesn't like Iowa one bit, he just has to act like it for his job.

I would take Desanto in a second. Tom, Terry, Luke Eustice, Matt McD, Cory Clark, Thomas Gilman and Spencer Lee will turn that kid into a National Champ.

Desanto was obviously in the wrong at NCAAs. That said I don't get the feeling he is a bad kid at all. Not sure if him coming here has any legs but I honestly feel that TnT and company would be great for him. He and Spencer do have a connection and even though it was as opponents I get the feeling they would get along just fine.

It can be both that DeSanto deserved to probably be thrown out of the tournament and that he's not a terrible person who doesn't deserve to wrestle anymore. I'd welcome him on the team, I don't see him the same way as I saw PD3.

That said, he has to get control of himself. I understand that's especially difficult for him given his circumstances, but still. That can't happen again.

Would need a release from Drexel to be eligible this coming season.

So if all of this is true, & there seems to be a falling out between Drexel & Desanto, I can’t see why they wouldn’t give him a release.

It can be both that DeSanto deserved to probably be thrown out of the tournament and that he's not a terrible person who doesn't deserve to wrestle anymore. I'd welcome him on the team, I don't see him the same way as I saw PD3.

That said, he has to get control of himself. I understand that's especially difficult for him given his circumstances, but still. That can't happen again.

Agreed.

Has DeSanto had any past history of pulling stuff like that in HS? Don't know much about his past HS wrestling, other than he beat S Lee and Lee helped cheer him on in a post season meet. For now, I'll assume this incident was unusual.

But that kind of behavior cannot be tolerated. It doesn't matter if he's "not a terrible person." He intentionally endangered an opponent and could've broken Micic's arm. If he were ever to do something like that again, he should be booted off the team and not allowed to wrestle.

So not sure if this is true or not but I've heard DeSanto is on the autism spectrum and suffers from Asperger Syndrome. Has anyone else heard this?

I really like this kid besides some of the on the mat BS. Seems like a very hard worker.

So not sure if this is true or not but I've heard DeSanto is on the autism spectrum and suffers from Asperger Syndrome. Has anyone else heard this?

I really like this kid besides some of the on the mat BS. Seems like a very hard worker.

I've read this in articles/clips. Originally one of the reasons stated that he stayed so close to home.
It's not a big secret that he has some issues he has to deal with.

He just attempted a kimura jiu jitsu submission on Micic in the 133 QF match. The back-up ref pointed at it, but didn't stop the match. No point was deducted. Horrible officiating. DeSanto should be ejected from the tournament. Fk him. I hope he doesn't AA. Some of the worst sportsmanship I've ever seen. He actively tried to injure Micic several times during the match.

Micic was all class.

Glad he isn't a Hawk after seeing that. I was cheering for him going into the tournament, but that was disgusting to watch.

Can't wait for rematch.

Reactions: Nitt Fan
Desanto was obviously in the wrong at NCAAs. That said I don't get the feeling he is a bad kid at all. Not sure if him coming here has any legs but I honestly feel that TnT and company would be great for him. He and Spencer do have a connection and even though it was as opponents I get the feeling they would get along just fine.
DeSanto doesn't do anything that a championship boxer or MMA fighter does every week. Talk trash. Conor McGregor makes millions that way. Askren does it also

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT