ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Gomez's dad has COVID

Yea...he has done a lot in Illinois wrestling and was responsible for Agony in Ames (also have to give Clone sports programs great credit too). Best wishes for him and his family.

Austin and Alexis, Prayers for your father request are asked and answered. God's healing and comfort to your entire family.

Reactions: Ja1339
I hope Hector pulls through.

And hope that they’re getting this thing figured out. Our knowledge of this virus recently went from a respiratory illness to circulatory issue. We’ve come a long way in a few months.

If he's tough lke you and I'm sure he is should be no problem. How bout a tech fall on C19. Go get em

Was the father in the hospital all that time OR is it just his son can now visit him in person? Either way...that is great to hear that the father is back on his feet.
He was in the whole time.Glad to see him back home.Hes a great guy and will do anything for his wrestlers.Actually he will do anything for any wrestler the guy loves the sport

Wow...that has to be the longest COVID hospitalization I have heard of. Glad he pulled through!
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read that he was on a ventilator and it was pretty touch and go if he was going to make it for a while.

Great news!

Damn, he’s probably younger than me. My kid was at Iron Sharpens Iron for a week then had a runny nose, cough and fever. He got tested yesterday. I took a swab from his mouth last night and put it in my mouth. I’m tired of waiting.

So far so good. Dumb? Maybe. If he has it I’m riding it out with him besides the thirty year age difference going against me.

There are stories of young, healthy adults spending that much time in the hospital.
El Dub. I’ve got a five year old boy, two year old girl, and a 38 year old wife. Each one tested positive for Covid (somehow I did not), and no one spent any time in a hospital nor received any type of treatments. For my kids it was similar to a very light case of the flu. My wife didn’t feel worth a crap for two days. Yes, I’m thankful that everyone is okay and that my family fell into the bucket that didn’t need any special medical care (which is the overwhelming majority BTW). My point is there actually are a lot more positive stories than negative if one looks at the big picture. Yes, it’s a serious virus and people can and have suffered, but that’s an unfortunate reality of what we’re dealing with and that isn’t going to change in the foreseeable future.

Although I respect your opinions, as well as anyone else’s, it might not be a bad idea to take a step back and take a look at a lot of your comments on the Covid stuff. You’re hell bent on absolutely burying anyone who doesn’t agree with you, and I’m not quite sure why it’s such a big deal. Yes, we live in a very challenging environment right now with Covid, political environment, etc., but we still live in an incredible country and being optimistic about the future is a pretty good practice imho.

Just my two cents and be well Dub.

Last edited:
There are stories of young, healthy adults spending that much time in the hospital.
That may be true. How do you define young? Also, I would be hard pressed to believe that Hector did not have any pre existing conditions. He is very heavy and has been for years. Which is really amazing to think of how much he has contributed to the wrestling world.

Reactions: el dub
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read that he was on a ventilator and it was pretty touch and go if he was going to make it for a while.
It really reminds us that we all have an expiration date and we don't know when it is. I had a friend who went to work and just collapsed. They took him to a hospital and he was on ventilators and whatever else they could put him on to keep him alive. He never regained consciousness and he died after about a month in the hospital. They still do not know what happened. 61 years old. Not the healthiest guy in the world, but certainly not that unhealthy either. Probably average for that age.

I am sure Hector knew he was overweight but I bet he never thought he would be in such a fight for his life. I am guessing he will live the rest of his life to its fullest with a different perspective. I bet the kids in his club will be the recipient of the new found wisdom and hopefully, this will help him to be an even better influence on the kids in his club.
God Bless....

That may be true. How do you define young? Also, I would be hard pressed to believe that Hector did not have any pre existing conditions. He is very heavy and has been for years. Which is really amazing to think of how much he has contributed to the wrestling world.
Healthy 35 year old from SE Iowa died from it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT