ADVERTISEMENT

Ava Jones accident

Packer54

HR All-American
Mar 30, 2014
This was posted on Twitter:(apparently hit by an impaired driver)

Recent Iowa WBB commit Ava Jones and her family were the ones involved in this terrible accident.
Her and her parents are both currently in the hospital.
They are in Louisville for an AAU Tournament with Wheat State Elite.

Keep them in your thoughts throughout the day today.

Problem is with our lax laws, this pile of useless shit will be out soon. First offense DUI should be minimum one year in jail. If injuries result, should be tried for attempted murder and DUI, minimum 10 years.

He would have to get something close to 10 for attempted manslaughter, right? 4 people (at least) were hospitalized.

I'm glad that Ava should make a full recovery, but what a nightmare. In an unfamiliar city far from home. Injured in a freak accident that shouldn't have happened. Parents both in critical condition. I wouldn't want to imagine being in that position. Hopefully she has a good support system.

I hope the Iowa coaches can take a break from their AAU tours and visit her.
I have NO doubt that Lisa and her staff will do whats right and look out for her. Just like the mens staff their good people who have developed a family atmosphere for their young people from the time they commit for the rest of their lives. "Once a Hawk".......

I'm glad that Ava should make a full recovery, but what a nightmare. In an unfamiliar city far from home. Injured in a freak accident that shouldn't have happened. Parents both in critical condition. I wouldn't want to imagine being in that position. Hopefully she has a good support system.
She does.

Reactions: Buffalo43
Hopefully Ava’s parents had high limits on their auto policy to help out during this terrible time…too often people don’t have the coverages they need because “it won’t happen to us” and we learn too late what we need to and can have.

Hopefully Ava’s parents had high limits on their auto policy to help out during this terrible time…too often people don’t have the coverages they need because “it won’t happen to us” and we learn too late what we need to and can have.
Will their AUTO insurance cover them when they were pedestrians walking in the sidewalk? Not trying to be a dick, but I have no idea.

Will their AUTO insurance cover them when they were pedestrians walking in the sidewalk? Not trying to be a dick, but I have no idea.
Yes, under most policies. Had a caller today who is an insurance guy who said they should be covered for sure.

Reactions: IAGuy
News reports…https://www.wlky.com/article/downto...strike-victims-basketball-tournament/40534253

Last edited:
Fran I like you but it isn't a gun problem, it's a people with problems problem. And it's people in charge that feel criminals are the victim and need to be coddled instead of incarcerated

My apologies for bringing this up. These issues are obviously not going to get solved on a message board

At least a judge set the bond at $500k so he should have difficulty getting behind the wheel for awhile. Unless of course another judge agrees to lower the bond which seems to happen in a lot of these cases.

Fran I like you but it isn't a gun problem, it's a people with problems problem. And it's people in charge that feel criminals are the victim and need to be coddled instead of incarcerated
Exactly cars don't run over people by themselves, just like guns don't shoot people, crazy people shoot people.

Reactions: HawkGem10

Exactly cars don't run over people by themselves, just like guns don't shoot people, crazy people shoot people.
It's both problems, TBH. Every sane country has figured this out. And since our people problems in the United States are so bad, it makes sense to make sure its a lot harder for many people to get weapons of mass killing.

Have you stopped screaming partisan talking points long enough to consider that gun violence/mass shootings in America is a multifaceted issue?

Maybe if our politicians and the loudest of the left and right stopped stamping their feet and crossing their arms arguing about whether mental deterioration or guns/gun access are more responsible for gun violence, and collaborated to tackle both issues, then maybe our children would finally stop being gunned down in schools and we could finally do something about the 125 American citizens dying per day as a result of gun violence

That goes for pretty much every other political issue too. It would be nice to feel like politicians actually cared about improving the nation and its citizens instead of caring about their constituency and themselves

You know what the main issue is? It's the moral decline of our society. Taking God and religion out of everything you end up with chaos. I know many of you don't like to hear that

Go ahead and keep blaming guns 🙄

You know what the main issue is? It's the moral decline of our society. Taking God and religion out of everything you end up with chaos. I know many of you don't like to hear that

Go ahead and keep blaming guns 🙄

Least Religious Countries in the world..
  1. Czech Republic - 78.4%
  2. North Korea - 71.3%
  3. Estonia - 60.2%
  4. Japan - 60%
  5. Hong Kong (China) - 54.7%
  6. China - 51.8%
  7. South Korea - 46.6%
  8. Latvia - 45.3%
  9. Netherlands - 44.3%
  10. Uruguay - 41.5%
  11. New Zealand
  12. Mongolia
  13. France
  14. Falkland Islands
  15. UK
  16. Belgium
  17. Vietnam
  18. Sweden
  19. Australia
  20. Belarus
Safest Countries in the world…
  1. Switzerland
  2. Denmark
  3. Norway
  4. Canada
  5. New Zealand
  6. Finland
  7. Sweden
  8. Australia
  9. Netherlands
  10. Austria
  11. Ireland
  12. Belgium
  13. Japan
  14. Germany
  15. Singapore
  16. Portugal
  17. Spain
  18. UK
  19. Italy
  20. Poland

21. Seven crossovers are the least religious and simultaneously among the safest. So yeah, you are correct. Most of us don’t want to hear it because it’s BS.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT