ADVERTISEMENT

Ava Jones & her family updates

It’s been assumed for some time****
Correct. I think most of us just assumed that someone having to go through both physical and speech therapy after having her body damn near destroyed by a car has too large of a mountain to climb to be able to play major college basketball. It is woefully bad that this happened to her and her family. But I think most of our fan base knows there are more important things in life than paying basketball and she has an opportunity to create a positive future moving forward in her life without it. This is a prime example of why the hardship wavier exists for NCAA scholarships and I’m glad our school has a history of honoring our offers when bad things like this happen to recruits even before their first college class, like the football player that broke his neck in the pool.

So incredibly sad. To go through something as traumatic as that accident and instantly lose a father and now bear the literal scars of it everyday, just terrible. Basketball might have been a key motivation to get through it all.

Just hope she has the strong support system in the years to come. I'm sure Bluder would be open to Ava being involved with the program in some capacity if she wanted to still be.

I rubbed some people the wrong way chewing them out for suggesting she’d never play again….. I just believe in the strength and resilience of youth…… this is hard to accept

Heartbreaking….. but like other have said there’s more to life than basketball….. this family has endured so much…..God bless them ❤️

It’s years away yet, but it would be incredibly awesome if somehow, someway she found her way onto the court, in a hawkeye uniform, to score a bucket in front of a home crowd. Im talking about a situation where a game outcome has been decided and there’s a mutual understanding between coaches/teams the intent is to allow Ava to score. Symbolic and inspirational - hell, probably as much for all of us as it would be for her.

Reactions: natchrlman
It’s years away yet, but it would be incredibly awesome if somehow, someway she found her way onto the court, in a hawkeye uniform, to score a bucket in front of a home crowd. Im talking about a situation where a game outcome has been decided and there’s a mutual understanding between coaches/teams the intent is to allow Ava to score. Symbolic and inspirational - hell, probably as much for all of us as it would be for her.
Or lead a sold out kinnick stadium in a first quarter wave to the kids.

Makes me sick to the stomach. Let's hope she has a full recovery and we see her sitting on or behind the bench for a few games. Something tells me she will accomplish big things in her life outside of basketball for her, her family and those that she will inspire. God Bless her and her family. Always a Hawkeye!

So incredibly sad. To go through something as traumatic as that accident and instantly lose a father and now bear the literal scars of it everyday, just terrible. Basketball might have been a key motivation to get through it all.

Just hope she has the strong support system in the years to come. I'm sure Bluder would be open to Ava being involved with the program in some capacity if she wanted to still be.

early on, she posted on social media that she was going to run track for her track coach (her dad)

just devastating.

I think she will play again. She has the attitude.
Agree with you

Doubt it will be at the same level though

More concerned about her neurological well being as some of the early rehabilitation videos appeared to show some brain damage. Not a doctor.

More importantlly, all we care about and pray for is her family, faith, and well being.

Will forever be cheering for her 110%

Agree with you

Doubt it will be at the same level though

More concerned about her neurological well being as some of the early rehabilitation videos appeared to show some brain damage. Not a doctor.

More importantlly, all we care about and pray for is her family, faith, and well being.

Will forever be cheering for her 110%
Agree completely. Make her “whole” as a person as best as possible but there certainly seemed apparent that there was some cognitive issues going on that don’t remedy themselves quickly.
Like all of us, just hoping she can be the best she can be, as soon as she can be.

hard to read this post when I have to keep taking my glasses off to dry my eyes….. God bless them

It’s been assumed for some time****

I don't know how you folks in the Lounge put up with Legend12. It's bad enough when he waddles over here with his BS.

I saw that there was a thread started yesterday in the Lounge with the thread title of "Legend12." The OP was "I thought he got banned from the site...." He's got a long history of bad behavior, encouraging people to kill themselves and worse; he should have been banned a LONG time ago.

Reactions: herkhatescy
I don't know how you folks in the Lounge put up with Legend12. It's bad enough when he waddles over here with his BS.

I saw that there was a thread started yesterday in the Lounge with the thread title of "Legend12." The OP was "I thought he got banned from the site...." He's got a long history of bad behavior, encouraging people to kill themselves and worse; he should have been banned a LONG time ago.
I heard Mike Z went off on you this summer for all the whining you do to the mods and spamming of the boards…is that true?

Or did it not happen because you didn’t read it somewhere on Twitter?

I heard Mike Z went off on you this summer for all the whining you do to the mods and spamming of the boards…is that true?

Or did it not happen because you didn’t read it somewhere on Twitter?

you seem more disturbed than normal, "Legend."

why do people in the Lounge continually ask that you be banned because of your ridiculous posts and your ridiculous behavior?

you are bad for business, that's for sure.

Correct. I think most of us just assumed that someone having to go through both physical and speech therapy after having her body damn near destroyed by a car has too large of a mountain to climb to be able to play major college basketball. It is woefully bad that this happened to her and her family. But I think most of our fan base knows there are more important things in life than paying basketball and she has an opportunity to create a positive future moving forward in her life without it. This is a prime example of why the hardship wavier exists for NCAA scholarships and I’m glad our school has a history of honoring our offers when bad things like this happen to recruits even before their first college class, like the football player that broke his neck in the pool.

it's just incredibly sad that they found more internal, physical damage (the ligaments in both knees all torn up). I hope Ava can catch a break soon

On the mental side, I hope she will be able to take college courses

and speaking of honoring the offer: she had commited just 2 days before the accident, IIRC

Chelsey is the Head Volleyball Coach at Nickerson High School

Fe98kmvXEAQO7Ar

as I’ve aged I’ve become more emotional….. I appreciate these updates but not going to lie shed a few tears every time …… such a crying shame….. not much else to say
Right there with you my man. Stories like these, or just spending time with my 7 grandkids, is very emotional now. Makes me realize whats REALLY important, and believe me Frans defense or Kirks offensive struggles are NO WHERE near the top of the list......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT