ADVERTISEMENT

Ava Jones & her family updates

This is a really good video update from from KSN News, an NBC affiliate out of Wichita, KS. See link below to watch. That's her grandma in the picture below, who has been driving her to where she needs to be.

Some updates from this story:

* She's had surgery on her right knee. Surgery on her left knee will be at the end of January.

* It discusses her NIL deal with RayGun Apparel. 4 shirts are available for purchase; see pic below. Link to purchase: https://www.raygunsite.com/pages/search-results-page?q=ava jones

* The goal remains to play for the Hawkeyes (hints at redshirting in 2023 with the goal of suiting up in 2024).

LINK to Video:

Fj9kKKfWQAQZmPn

Fj9kKKgXgAA968A

Fj9kKKcX0AgCr9I

The GoFundMe has raised $162,100 to date. Over 2,100 people have donated.

While absolutely wonderful and generous, sadly, unless they have Cadillac insurance, this likely will be a drop in the bucket. Continued best wishes for her and her family.

Reactions: Franisdaman
While absolutely wonderful and generous, sadly, unless they have Cadillac insurance, this likely will be a drop in the bucket. Continued best wishes for her and her family.
Since she works for the state, my guess is her plan would be something like 80/20. Not bad for most people but in this kind of scenario, you’re right, a drop in the bucket. Broken system.

As noted above, she had surgery on her right knee on Nov 21; she will have surgery on her left knee at the end of this month. And the goal remains to play for the Hawkeyes (the story linked a few posts above hints at redshirting in 2023 with the goal of suiting up in 2024).

This is pretty cool.

Last edited:
Ava's mom is the score keeper. Each opposing team player delivered a flower to Amy Jones at the scorer's table before taking the court.

Pretty cool night for the Jones family.

Classy! Obviously I’d rather she not have to go through this but the reaction and actions around her restore some of one’s faith in humanity.
May we all do more of it and focus more on it.

I have a couple questions for those of you in the know:
Why is O'Grady not playing. She did pretty well last year but didn't do much so far this year. Maybe that's the reason.

How is Kylie Feuerbach doing on her rehab? Maybe a moderator could get an interview with her.

I have a couple questions for those of you in the know:
Why is O'Grady not playing. She did pretty well last year but didn't do much so far this year. Maybe that's the reason.

How is Kylie Feuerbach doing on her rehab? Maybe a moderator could get an interview with her.
I think the more athletic Stuelke is getting her minutes. I hope that she sticks with it though. We'll need her next year when MC finally hangs up her shoes.

I saw a report that Ava Jones has completed her 2nd knee surgery. Nov 21 was the 1st surgery (on her right knee).

She reportedly will have a 3rd surgery in about 6 weeks to repair her left ACL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg
I saw a report that Ava Jones has completed her 2nd knee surgery. Nov 21 was the 1st surgery (on her right knee).

She reportedly will have a 3rd surgery in about 6 weeks to repair her left ACL.

When was the 2nd surgery? I thought it was for the end of January. Also, why the 3rd surgery on her left ACL? Sorry I'm confused what with old age etc.

When was the 2nd surgery? I thought it was for the end of January. Also, why the 3rd surgery on her left ACL? Sorry I'm confused what with old age etc.

Apparently the 2nd surgery just happened recently (this was reported last night). I, too, thought there would be one surgery to fix the one knee and another surgery to fix the other knee. However, I don't know the details on what each surgery entails or entailed.

Reactions: BGHAWK

Here's better information.

This was posted by Amy Jones, the mother, around 7 pm last night on their Facebook page.

Knee surgery #2 is in the books. Ava was under for about 5 hours and everything went as planned. She will be back for a third knee surgery in six or so weeks to repair the left ACL.

326400331_554680103352034_362591657657104358_n.jpg

And some people overreact for dramatic purposes too.
I have great confidence that anyone mentioning the possibility of her not being able to play again really would love to see her hit the court in any manner let alone accel like she has.
I am personally ecstatic to hear the positive progression even if it doesn't all pan out in the future.
Keep fighting Ava there is a very large presence of positive energy behind you and never forget we care, alot!

I didn't know this. Thanks for the info.

Here's better information.

This was posted by Amy Jones, the mother, around 7 pm last night on their Facebook page.

Knee surgery #2 is in the books. Ava was under for about 5 hours and everything went as planned. She will be back for a third knee surgery in six or so weeks to repair the left ACL.

326400331_554680103352034_362591657657104358_n.jpg

I'm not a medical person, but a friend of mine (this has been a 'few' years ago) basically shredded his knee and they did the repairs in separate surgeries there too. Something about structural integrity of the joint or something like that was the reason for not doing it all at once. I realize situations are different, but I'm just tossing this out there as a possible explanation as to why it wasn't "2 knees, 2 surgeries" as many thought it would be.
Keep pushing Ava!!

Such a sad story for Ava and her family. We should pray for a miracle finish health wise to Ava and her family.

Such a sad story for Ava and her family. We should pray for a miracle finish health wise to Ava and her family.

If you haven't already, take a look at the surgical scars just on the right leg.

Ava is so damn strong. She gets run over, she loses her dad, and now she battles through all of these surgeries and rehab (both cognitive and physical).

I appreciate these updates. Really rooting for this young lady whether she ever plays for Iowa or not….
I'm not optimistic she'll ever play again save for maybe a few minutes on her SR day. But I pray to God she proves me wrong. I do know she will be a great role model and a player-coach from the bench. She will be a great spokesperson for Iowa, and she will be loved by the fans for just being the awesome person we all know she is.

I'm not optimistic she'll ever play again save for maybe a few minutes on her SR day. But I pray to God she proves me wrong. I do know she will be a great role model and a player-coach from the bench. She will be a great spokesperson for Iowa, and she will be loved by the fans for just being the awesome person we all know she is.
Are you related to her?

honestly, i just hope for 2 things:

1) her cognitive abilities come back so that she doesn't struggle with college course work

2) she can walk normally again

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT