ADVERTISEMENT

Avoiding crappy cheap gas

Growing up in Iowa, I was all about my ethanol. That was in the 90s… I was brainwashed to think that it was fantastic and the reason we had cheap gas in Iowa.

But then I moved away for many years in several states that don’t sell ethanol.

Now when I return to Iowa, I’m surprised by two things: 1) Iowa gas isn’t cheap; 2) how my mpg tanks when I get ethanol-it’s legit 2+ mpg than normal.
Central Iowa has been about $0.20-0.30+ per gallon less expensive than all of the bordering states. Try to plan most of my fill-ups there.

What?? Out here in CA we buy all our fuel in the latest fashion cans. They're PPE free biodegradable containers that our non-animal tested locally sourced high octane fuel comes in. I prefer Yee Yee Fuel but my wife likes Gucci.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
There really isn’t anything good about ethanol. It would not exist without subsidies and government mandates. It goes bad in 30 days. Only put it something you don’t care about.

There really isn’t anything good about ethanol. It would not exist without subsidies and government mandates. It goes bad in 30 days. Only put it something you don’t care about.
Yeah, I suppose if it takes you more than a month to go through a tank of gas you should use fuel stabilizer or use non-ethanol gas, if available.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT