ADVERTISEMENT

B. Myer

Elihawk

HB Legend
Oct 5, 2001
Myer struggled on Saturday, which was/is a cause for concern. Drew Ott just had him off balance a lot of the day on Saturday, literally and balance is everything for a OLman.

However, after a couple day reflection, I think we have to consider a couple things:

1. Ott is just really good and will make more than a few LTs look bad this year. I think he is the best player on this team and maybe as important to this defense as CJ is to the offense.

2. We might be talking the same thing about I. Botteger if he had to go up against Ott all day long...

3. I really like what Kirk said about Myer as getting better, and the comparison to Steinbach a few years ago, who struggled mightly, and then one day the light came...and he excelled from that point on. Buluga struggled his first year in Iowa City. Bruce Nelson, undersized and underexperienced when he first played. Gallery wasn't an instant star. The light will come on for Boone and we will see a player! I think Myer will be a pretty good LT by mid season!

4. Myer has the size and strength, showed good footwork in the drills, just needs confidence and consistency.

5. Won't be suprised if Myer is playing on Sundays in a few years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News