ADVERTISEMENT

B of A says October 2022 Market Will Bottom

West Dundee Hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 28, 2003
Market Bottom

• US stocks have further to fall even after a steep decline this week, Bank of America said Friday.
  • The Nasdaq this week fell 5% in one session as investors grapple with tighter Fed monetary policy.
  • Based on previous bear markets, the bank foresees the decline in stocks ending in October 2022.

Not sure how anyone can predict until we know how and when Russia's invasion ends along with when China gets all of the factories back open.
dart-darts.gif

As we saw before the 2008 election, economic issues will really cost the Party occupying the WH.

Right or wrong, the Dems are in big trouble.

The only difference between now and then is the Dems weren't celebrating the challenges then like the GOP is now.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
As we saw before the 2008 election, economic issues will really cost the Party occupying the WH.

The only difference between now and then is the Dems weren't celebrating the challenges then like the GOP is now.

I haven't seen a lot of celebration but I would like to see someone in the WH take some ownership and not blame everyone under the sun.

Oh FFS, you couldn't turn on MSNBC or CNN from 2000-2008 without getting a troop death count on the bottom of the screen. That shit went away for 8 years of Obama rule...then reappeared 2 years after in the form of a COVID Death Count...that went away as soon as Biden won. Not many better examples of cheerleading tragedy than that.

Don't think we've had a White House not do this in quite some time. Blaming the previous guy and other things is SOP.
When Nikita Khrushchev was forced out as leader of the Soviet Union, he sat down and wrote two letters to his successor Leonid Brezhnev. He said, “When you get yourself into a situation you can’t get out of, open the first letter, and you’ll be safe. When you get yourself into another situation you can’t get out of, open the second letter”. Brezhnev soon found himself in a difficult situation, so he opened the first letter. It said, “Blame everything on me”. So he blamed Khrushchev for everything, and it worked. Eventually, he got himself into a second difficult situation he couldn’t get out of, so he opened the second letter. It said, “Sit down, and write two letters”.

When Nikita Khrushchev was forced out as leader of the Soviet Union, he sat down and wrote two letters to his successor Leonid Brezhnev. He said, “When you get yourself into a situation you can’t get out of, open the first letter, and you’ll be safe. When you get yourself into another situation you can’t get out of, open the second letter”. Brezhnev soon found himself in a difficult situation, so he opened the first letter. It said, “Blame everything on me”. So he blamed Khrushchev for everything, and it worked. Eventually, he got himself into a second difficult situation he couldn’t get out of, so he opened the second letter. It said, “Sit down, and write two letters”.
They used that in the movie Traffic too.

With interest rates going up, you'd expect a bunch of investors to find better places to park their money than the stock market, wouldn't you?

Doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the health of the economy or companies.

Oh FFS, you couldn't turn on MSNBC or CNN from 2000-2008 without getting a troop death count on the bottom of the screen. That shit went away for 8 years of Obama rule...then reappeared 2 years after in the form of a COVID Death Count...that went away as soon as Biden won. Not many better examples of cheerleading tragedy than that.
I get your point...but in regards to the death count from 2000-2008, the GOP did get us into an unnecessary war that did cost us lives of young Americans and cost the U.S. economy trillions of dollars. So, was the death count there to stick it to the GOP? Sure. Was it warranted? Yeah, I'd say so.

In regards to COVID...did the GOP completely mishandle the pandemic? It's easily arguable they did. Did they make the pandemic a political issue? You bet. So, was the death count there to stick it to the GOP? Sure. Was it warranted? Yeah, I'd say so.

Dow hit 52 week low today.

EL OH EL at thr guy saying the GOP ****ed up the covid response. We don't even talk about it anymore because people have just conceded pandemic level viruses are gonna run rampant. Ask any engineer in the world how much easier it is to improve something instead of create something.

I get your point...but in regards to the death count from 2000-2008, the GOP did get us into an unnecessary war that did cost us lives of young Americans and cost the U.S. economy trillions of dollars. So, was the death count there to stick it to the GOP? Sure. Was it warranted? Yeah, I'd say so.

In regards to COVID...did the GOP completely mishandle the pandemic? It's easily arguable they did. Did they make the pandemic a political issue? You bet. So, was the death count there to stick it to the GOP? Sure. Was it warranted? Yeah, I'd say so.
Are you saying the Dems didn’t vote for the Iraq War?

Are you saying Dems handled the pandemic perfectly?

So…cheerleading tragedy. Thanks for agreeing.

How, specifically did the GOP mishandle Covid? Who made it a political issue? Remember “Deathsantis” or “Covid Kim?” Seemingly every mitigation measure we used has, in hindsight, not been worth it.

GOP admin got us 3 vaccines in 9 months that were available to the most vulnerable in mass numbers. That’s really all they needed to do. Saying they mishandled it is pure partisan insanity. Please pull head out of rear end ASAP.

I would have been more specific… like who’s gonna call him on it if he says October 12 at 2:45 CST?

Are you saying the Dems didn’t vote for the Iraq War?

Are you saying Dems handled the pandemic perfectly?
No, not saying that at all. The Dems weren’t in charge though. There is plenty of blame to go around but most of it does and should fall on the GOP. I do believe the Bush and Cheney administration were responsible for firing up the war machine with different aspirations than everyone else. Where the Democrats and the “Liberal” media fail is they never questioned what we were doing until it was too late. Why were we in Iraq? Why were we trying to over throw Sadaam’s regime? What exactly was the plan? Everyone was so fired up over 9/11, nobody was asking the important questions. The GOP took advantage of an American tragedy and we’re still paying for it. Probably will be until the end of time.

Nobody handled the pandemic perfectly. I don’t think it’s even possible to handle something like that perfectly even if you have years to prepare. Again though, the Dems weren’t in charge. This time however, the Dems and the “Liberal” media questioned literally everything. In response to that, the Trump administration and the GOP doubled down on the “stick it to the libs” mentality and completely divided the country. All President Trump had to do was say, “this is new to us. For now, let’s proceed with extreme caution until we can get more answers on what this virus is and how it effects people. Let’s protect one another and look out for each other.” He does that and he’s looked at as a renowned hero and one of the GOAT Presidents. Instead, he and the GOP made anyone who was in favor of masks, shelter-in-place, and those genuinely concerned for their health and safety look weak. Again, nobody could have handled it perfectly but the GOP handled it disastrously.

So…cheerleading tragedy. Thanks for agreeing.
Deflect, deflect, deflect. I swear, anytime a Republican is questioned on anything, you shell up and cry fake news, make up something like cheerleading tragedy, or resort to bully tactics. It’s like you’ve forgotten how to argue your points or move the conversation forward amicably. Stop trying to be Trump and just talk it out. I used to think Dems were the snowflakes but holy hell has the pendulum swung. Eventually you’re going to be the ones asking for safe spaces.

No, not saying that at all. The Dems weren’t in charge though. There is plenty of blame to go around but most of it does and should fall on the GOP. I do believe the Bush and Cheney administration were responsible for firing up the war machine with different aspirations than everyone else. Where the Democrats and the “Liberal” media fail is they never questioned what we were doing until it was too late. Why were we in Iraq? Why were we trying to over throw Sadaam’s regime? What exactly was the plan? Everyone was so fired up over 9/11, nobody was asking the important questions.
Funny how memory (doesn't) work:

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power. We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." "
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"No one has done what Saddam Hussein has done, or is thinking of doing. He is producing weapons of mass destruction, and he is qualitatively and quantitatively different from other dictators. "Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

I applaud the President on focusing on this issue and on taking the lead to disarm Saddam Hussein. ... Others have talked about this threat that is posed by Saddam Hussein. Yes, he has chemical weapons, he has biological weapons, he is trying to get nuclear weapons."
-- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D. CA) Oct. 10, 2002

It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

I asked very direct questions of the top people in the CIA and people who'd served in the Clinton administration. And they said they believed that Saddam Hussein either had weapons or had the components of weapons or the ability to quickly make weapons of mass destruction. What we're worried about is an A-bomb in a Ryder truck in New York, in Washington and St. Louis. It cannot happen. We have to prevent it from happening.
-- Rep. Richard Gephardt (D, MT) Nov. 2, 2003

Reactions: Chuck C
How, specifically did the GOP mishandle Covid? Who made it a political issue? Remember “Deathsantis” or “Covid Kim?” Seemingly every mitigation measure we used has, in hindsight, not been worth it.

GOP admin got us 3 vaccines in 9 months that were available to the most vulnerable in mass numbers. That’s really all they needed to do. Saying they mishandled it is pure partisan insanity. Please pull head out of rear end ASAP.
Fair points. The “Deathsantis” and “Covid Kim” narratives were a little over the top. I agree with that especially when you consider Iowa and Florida were middle of the pack when it comes to COVID deaths.

To say every mitigation measure that was used wasn‘t worth it is a little over the top and I think you know that. Masks, social distancing, and the shut downs did help suppress Covid cases and did save lives.

You‘re right, the GOP did get the vaccines rolled out quickly. However, the GOP is also responsible for the vaccine misinformation that came with it. Fox News was spewing that crap every night even though every one of those hosts was vaccinated. Why do you think it was such a big deal when Trump came out and said he was vax’d and boosted a few months ago?

I know you’re trolling, but don’t do that thing you like to do where you make every Liberal sound like a pansy who had no reason to be worried about theirs, their family, and their friends‘ health. COVID still killed close to or over a million Americans. Your fellow country men and women.

Fair points. The “Deathsantis” and “Covid Kim” narratives were a little over the top. I agree with that especially when you consider Iowa and Florida were middle of the pack when it comes to COVID deaths.

To say every mitigation measure that was used wasn‘t worth it is a little over the top and I think you know that. Masks, social distancing, and the shut downs did help suppress Covid cases and did save lives.

You‘re right, the GOP did get the vaccines rolled out quickly. However, the GOP is also responsible for the vaccine misinformation that came with it. Fox News was spewing that crap every night even though every one of those hosts was vaccinated. Why do you think it was such a big deal when Trump came out and said he was vax’d and boosted a few months ago?

I know you’re trolling, but don’t do that thing you like to do where you make every Liberal sound like a pansy who had no reason to be worried about theirs, their family, and their friends‘ health. COVID still killed close to or over a million Americans. Your fellow country men and women.
I’m not trolling. I really think the Trump admin did fine. I don’t see how a Dem would have done any better. You’d still have pushback politically between each side because that’s just how things are in this country atm. We should have been full steam ahead in Spring 2021 when vaccines were widely available. I would like to see China pay dearly for this.

Funny how memory (doesn't) work:

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power. We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." "
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"No one has done what Saddam Hussein has done, or is thinking of doing. He is producing weapons of mass destruction, and he is qualitatively and quantitatively different from other dictators. "Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

I applaud the President on focusing on this issue and on taking the lead to disarm Saddam Hussein. ... Others have talked about this threat that is posed by Saddam Hussein. Yes, he has chemical weapons, he has biological weapons, he is trying to get nuclear weapons."
-- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D. CA) Oct. 10, 2002

It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

I asked very direct questions of the top people in the CIA and people who'd served in the Clinton administration. And they said they believed that Saddam Hussein either had weapons or had the components of weapons or the ability to quickly make weapons of mass destruction. What we're worried about is an A-bomb in a Ryder truck in New York, in Washington and St. Louis. It cannot happen. We have to prevent it from happening.
-- Rep. Richard Gephardt (D, MT) Nov. 2, 2003
The lefties conveniently ignore the fact that many, if not most, democrats also thought Saddam had WMD’s. They would rather just blame Bush.

Deflect, deflect, deflect. I swear, anytime a Republican is questioned on anything, you shell up and cry fake news, make up something like cheerleading tragedy, or resort to bully tactics. It’s like you’ve forgotten how to argue your points or move the conversation forward amicably. Stop trying to be Trump and just talk it out. I used to think Dems were the snowflakes but holy hell has the pendulum swung. Eventually you’re going to be the ones asking for safe spaces.
I made a point. You agreed with me. I pointed it out. Just because you believe they were justified in cheerleading tragedy, doesn’t mean they weren’t cheerleading tragedy. Your nonsensical flailing around did nothing to change that.

The lefties conveniently ignore the fact that many, if not most, democrats also thought Saddam had WMD’s. They would rather just blame Bush.
Ask the kurds if iraq had wmd’s.
Just sayin

I haven't seen a lot of celebration but I would like to see someone in the WH take some ownership and not blame everyone under the sun.
The Fed made the decision to raise interest rates to prevent hyperinflation thus the market adjusting and falling. It’s painful to look at our investments right now, but getting inflation under control was the right move in the long run.

• Haha
Reactions: hawkjt and NCHawk5
I’m not trolling. I really think the Trump admin did fine. I don’t see how a Dem would have done any better. You’d still have pushback politically between each side because that’s just how things are in this country atm. We should have been full steam ahead in Spring 2021 when vaccines were widely available. I would like to see China pay dearly for this.
Yep
Instead the dems on china’s payroll want to reduce tariffs.
I’m a 95% free market guy except for alot of the china crap.

I don’t know about ‘most…Democrats’. I certainly didn’t believe that BS at the time.

Last edited:
Ask the kurds if iraq had wmd’s.
Just sayin
Past tense being the key.
The Iraq Survey Group (Duelfer Report) found:
  • Hussein ended his nuclear program in 1991. ISG found no evidence of concerted efforts to restart the program, and Iraq's ability to reconstitute a nuclear weapons program progressively decayed after 1991.
  • Iraq destroyed its chemical weapons stockpile in 1991, and only a small number of old, abandoned chemical munitions were discovered by the ISG.

I don’t know about most. I certainly didn’t believe that BS.
Every Democrat that dreamed of being president (excepting Sanders and Kucinich) voted for that war in Iraq.
I have more quotes for those who can't remember.

Reactions: NCHawk5
The first market wide opportunity will come late May early June with S&P in the 3500-3600 range. The market will want to bounce here. Whether it will bottom here or not is 50/50 in my mind. The next is later this summer or fall and the S&P in that 3000 range. That will be painful if we go that far but it is possible.

ADVERTISEMENT