ADVERTISEMENT

B10 Restart Announcement TONIGHT!

Yes, absolutely ALL adults should make decisions for themselves. I mean, if you're too dumb to think for yourself, by all means let someone else think for you. But most humans aren't that dumb.

Unfortunately with a good chunk of life now, people don't want to think. They just want someone to decide for them. They think life is just easier that way.

Are you a top cardiologist?

How come a "top" one? What about the people who didn't finish toward the top? Are they bad doctors that should not be listened to? Someone is coming in last in med school. They still can get their license.

Yes, absolutely ALL adults should make decisions for themselves. I mean, if you're too dumb to think for yourself, by all means let someone else think for you. But most humans aren't that dumb.
In no way would a school allow a student to play if they had heart inflammation. I suppose the student could go play football at Hubbard Park if he wanted to.

So anyway....is there a link to the announcement from last night?

Dan Patrick and Clay Travis both said on the radio to expect the announcement today. DP with his source has been pretty spot on during all this drama.

Also saying start date of the 24th maybe now over the 17th.

In no way would a school allow a student to play if they had heart inflammation. I suppose the student could go play football at Hubbard Park if he wanted to.
The doctor that ran the study says you are full of shit.

I was anti playing but at this point I’m just like, whatever....play, don’t play. Who cares....the soap opera and every one freaking out over twitter sources is making my head spin.

It is obvious you didn't read his actual response being circulated yesterday.

Sure thing smart man. It's obvious you have an agenda and want to cherry pick what he has stated. It's in the headline by the way.

Maybe you can quote the penn state doctor next that was also full of shit.

Did you read it?

Did you? I especially like this part. It explains succinctly what you are doing in this thread

co-author of the study, Ohio State cardiologist Dr. Curt Daniels, told The Columbus Dispatch that he believes interpretations of the results and the risk of myocarditis have been widely misconstrued

Sure thing smart man. It's obvious you have an agenda and want to cherry pick what he has stated. It's in the headline by the way.

Maybe you can quote the penn state doctor next that was also full of shit.
"For those who test positive for myocarditis, he said, the standard protocol of rest for three months from rigorous physical activity applies. But those who test negative can resume after the COVID protocols are followed. "

There you go tuff guy.

Well, we'll know within a month if there are four OSU players being held out. Something tells me there won't be.

What I'm wondering, is whether Warren will be having BBQ sauce with his crow, or just salt & pepper?

Really? Where did you see this? Maybe I missed it in the link..that seems crazy...21 days?
All COVID-19 positive student-athletes will have to undergo comprehensive cardiac testing to include labs and biomarkers, ECG, Echocardiogram and a Cardiac MRI. Following cardiac evaluation, student-athletes must receive clearance from a cardiologist designated by the university for the primary purpose of cardiac clearance for COVID-19 positive student-athletes. The earliest a student-athlete can return to game competition is 21 days following a COVID-19 positive diagnosis.

Well hey, I guess we’re gonna try to play football.

though by the protocols I’m not sure how much Iowa will play unless our community positivity rate really drops in a month. Good for the Big Ten to actually put some stringent protocols in place....now will they actually be followed is the next thing.

how mad some of y’all gonna be if Iowa gets shut down by league?

All COVID-19 positive student-athletes will have to undergo comprehensive cardiac testing to include labs and biomarkers, ECG, Echocardiogram and a Cardiac MRI. Following cardiac evaluation, student-athletes must receive clearance from a cardiologist designated by the university for the primary purpose of cardiac clearance for COVID-19 positive student-athletes. The earliest a student-athlete can return to game competition is 21 days following a COVID-19 positive diagnosis.
Gotcha, thanks. What's the benchmark today? That seems like a very long time...

So what you initially meant was that the non-football players shouldn't be playing football?
Sometimes hard to discuss things here.

4/26 athletes studied had myocarditis. All 4 were male, so more likely to be football players, but they didn't list any description of what specific sport.

Again, if anyone would read this crap they keep shoving around as proof we should be playing, you'd know this.

Sometimes hard to discuss things here.

4/26 athletes studied had myocarditis. All 4 were male, so more likely to be football players, but they didn't list any description of what specific sport.

Again, if anyone would read this crap they keep shoving around as proof we should be playing, you'd know this.
You keep throwing around 4/26.

A sample size of 26 individuals in essentially worthless.

Sample Size = N > 30

30 is sort of an arbitrarily chosen number, but really, a good study should have a large sample size in order to account for standard deviation and statistical anomalies.

You keep throwing around 4/26.

A sample size of 26 individuals in essentially worthless.

Sample Size = N > 30

30 is sort of an arbitrarily chosen number, but really, a good study should have a large sample size in order to account for standard deviation and statistical anomalies.
Would you rather we pause football and wait another six months to get more data? Or go with what we have. I mean that's the only study I've seen to date, you know of any others?

Would you rather we pause football and wait another six months to get more data? Or go with what we have. I mean that's the only study I've seen to date, you know of any others?
Neither, I'm not sure how you got that out of what I said other than just wanting to be argumentative.

I'm saying we shouldn't be freaking out or clutching pearls over bad science.

Reactions: Stranded Hawk

No thats ridiculous...you think a "adult" of 18-22 should be able to override that of a cardiologist to play football?? Esp for something that could kill him immediately and would resolve in ~ 3 months if left alone...

No humans are just that dumb and you just proved it.

Well hey, I guess we’re gonna try to play football.

though by the protocols I’m not sure how much Iowa will play unless our community positivity rate really drops in a month. Good for the Big Ten to actually put some stringent protocols in place....now will they actually be followed is the next thing.
Have you been paying attention? its dropped by 7 percentage points in the past 2.5 weeks.

No thats ridiculous...you think a "adult" of 18-22 should be able to override that of a cardiologist to play football?? Esp for something that could kill him immediately and would resolve in ~ 3 months if left alone...

Yes, adults should have aboslute freedom to do as they choose for themselves. Why dont you find me a doctor that says going to fight in a war is a wise health decision and report back. Or smoke. Or drink. Or sign up for a credit card on the first day of college. Or drive fast cars. Or eat garbage food. The list goes on and on of things we allow adults to choose for themselves regardless of how much self harm it may inflict.

Adults override doctors every day. In fact, in many medical circumstances, doctors provide patients a variety of potential treatments due to verying degress of invasiveness/side effects/efficacy, etc. In ALL cases patients make decsions.

I have a friend who is battling prostate cancer. When first diagonsed he was given 5 different options with the upside/downside of each explained to him, and asked how HE would like to proceed. This isn't uncommon, and yes it's a potentially deadly condition.

Don't confuse your inability to think for yourself as being an affliction shared by others.

"For those who test positive for myocarditis, he said, the standard protocol of rest for three months from rigorous physical activity applies. But those who test negative can resume after the COVID protocols are followed. "

There you go tuff guy.

Mr drama calling someone tuff guy...hey if they test positive for cancer they need to probably not play and go for treatment.

Adults override doctors every day. In fact, in many medical circumstances, doctors provide patients a variety of potential treatments due to verying degress of invasiveness/side effects/efficacy, etc. In ALL cases patients make decsions.

I have a friend who is battling prostate cancer. When first diagonsed he was given 5 different options with the upside/downside of each explained to him, and asked how HE would like to proceed. This isn't uncommon, and yes it's a potentially deadly condition.

Don't confuse your inability to think for yourself as being an affliction shared by others.
Dumbest athlete ever if they continue to practice with heart issues.

Mr drama calling someone tuff guy...hey if they test positive for cancer they need to probably not play and go for treatment.
You have no solid rebuttal for whatever you're trying to prove, so now you get some random generalities so you can feel better behind your keyboard.

What it looks like to me: football player gets COVID, wait minimum 14 days then have a cardiac MRI. If that comes back clean, wait another 7 days and they're cleared to go. Total 21 days off. If it comes back problematic, they might need to sit out 3 months as that is the current protocol for myocarditis.

OSU study, which was small but is the only data really avail among student athlete populations, says 15% of athletes with COVID develop myocarditis, with an additional 30% showing signs they previously had myocarditis but had since recovered.

ADVERTISEMENT