ADVERTISEMENT

B10 Restart Announcement TONIGHT!

Dumbest athlete ever if they continue to practice with heart issues.
Do you understand the inherent risks of playing football....? Anyone who plays the game at a high level is missing something normal humans have. Or have something normal humans lack.

Reactions: Dauminator
You have no solid rebuttal for whatever you're trying to prove, so now you get some random generalities so you can feel better behind your keyboard.

What it looks like to me: football player gets COVID, wait minimum 14 days then have a cardiac MRI. If that comes back clean, wait another 7 days and they're cleared to go. Total 21 days off. If it comes back problematic, they might need to sit out 3 months as that is the current protocol for myocarditis.

OSU study, which was small but is the only data really avail among student athlete populations, says 15% of athletes with COVID develop myocarditis, with an additional 30% showing signs they previously had myocarditis but had since recovered.

You are laughably pathetic. The co-author of the study from Ohio State where you claim things are so bad literally kicked your argument in the nuts.

You are trying to use his study to bolster your argument and right in the article and the study he says drama queens like you should just shut the **** up. You are lying according to him. That's what misconstrue means by the way in case you didn't quite have the reading comprehension to understand.

You are laughably pathetic. The co-author of the study from Ohio State where you claim things are so bad literally kicked your argument in the nuts.

You are trying to use his study to bolster your argument and right in the article and the study he says drama queens like you should just shut the **** up. You are lying according to him. That's what misconstrue means by the way in case you didn't quite have the reading comprehension to understand.
What have I misconstrued? Specifically?

Go read your own posts on this entire thing. If you can't figure it out then you are either lying or you really are a stupid as advertised
You are unable to point to anything as I expected.

The OSU doc article yesterday was great and definitely showed how the season restarted. But I think we're going to find players ineligible to play due to heart issues.

You are unable to point to anything as I expected.

The OSU doc article yesterday was great and definitely showed how the season restarted. But I think we're going to find players ineligible to play due to heart issues.

Going with as stupid as advertised I see. Good for you. Bless your heart.

Don't be late for dance practice tonight drama

Going with as stupid as advertised I see. Good for you. Bless your heart.

Don't be late for dance practice tonight drama
Doc says cardiologist study shouldn't be the basis to cancel the season, I agree and haven't argued that.

Doc says enhanced testing for myocarditis is prudent, and that prevalence in the small population study was high. Also says that standard operating procedure for those with myocarditis, whether from COVID or not, is to sit out three months.

What are you having issues with?

Yes, adults should have aboslute freedom to do as they choose for themselves. Why dont you find me a doctor that says going to fight in a war is a wise health decision and report back. Or smoke. Or drink. Or sign up for a credit card on the first day of college. Or drive fast cars. Or eat garbage food. The list goes on and on of things we allow adults to choose for themselves regardless of how much self harm it may inflict.
You are right adults can choose and they could choose to play pick up basketball or football at the park but have no way have a choice if they want to play organized college football

Adults override doctors every day. In fact, in many medical circumstances, doctors provide patients a variety of potential treatments due to verying degress of invasiveness/side effects/efficacy, etc. In ALL cases patients make decsions.

I have a friend who is battling prostate cancer. When first diagonsed he was given 5 different options with the upside/downside of each explained to him, and asked how HE would like to proceed. This isn't uncommon, and yes it's a potentially deadly condition.

Don't confuse your inability to think for yourself as being an affliction shared by others.

The thing is their is only ONE option for myocarditis...its rest until healthy...thats it from a medical standpoint for a otherwise young healthy patient..

If YOU could think for yourself you would understand that.

The thing is their is only ONE option for myocarditis...its rest until healthy...thats it from a medical standpoint for a otherwise young healthy patient..

And doctors will tell you no smoking is good for you, no war is good for you, no processed sugar causing heart disease is good for you. There is only one healthy option in those cases as well and that is to not do it. Thats it from a medical standpoint for a otherwise young healthy patient..

And lets not pretend football isnt inherently dangerous regardless. You'd be hard pressed to find doctors that recommend playing football.

Ok. B1G cardiologists agree with me. Die on that heart attack hill.
You're missing the forest for the trees. Why do we allow 18 year olds to make decisions every day that may result in death prematurely or immediately, but on this decision, they're incapable?

The thing of it is, there ISN'T just ONE recommended treatment option for myocarditis. SInce there are varying types and degrees of myocarditis, ther are also varying treatments

Got Google, Cletus?

Reactions: GolfHacker1
The thing of it is, there ISN'T just ONE recommended treatment option for myocarditis. SInce there are varying types and degrees of myocarditis, ther are also varying treatments

Got Google, Cletus?

I dont need google... i already know the answers.... why don't you tell me other treatment options for young adults with viral myocarditis that will safely let them play football

And doctors will tell you no smoking is good for you, no war is good for you, no processed sugar causing heart disease is good for you. There is only one healthy option in those cases as well and that is to not do it. Thats it from a medical standpoint for a otherwise young healthy patient..

And lets not pretend football isnt inherently dangerous regardless. You'd be hard pressed to find doctors that recommend playing football.

Having a reversible condition is not the same...
No one is stopping them from playing football in the park...but any organization should amd will.

I dont need google... i already know the answers.... why don't you tell me other treatment options for young adults with viral myocarditis that will safely let them play football

I'm not doing your research for you, but I'll give you a hint:

Google is your friend (or maybe not in your case).

I'm not doing your research for you, but I'll give you a hint:

Google is your friend (or maybe not in your case).

Like I said I already know the answer.... I've seen a fair share of myocarditis since covid started...id like you to use Google and figure out the answer...

Like I said I already know the answer.... I've seen a fair share of myocarditis since covid started...id like you to use Google and figure out the answer...

.........says the guy incapable of executing a Google search.

.........says the guy incapable of executing a Google search.

Says the guy incapable of tying his own shoes.... dont worry keep saying google and looking like an idiot...there is nothing a student athlete can take to get them safely on the field, without rest, with viral myocarditis

Says the guy incapable of tying his own shoes.... dont worry keep saying google and looking like an idiot...there is nothing a student athlete can take to get them safely on the field, without rest, with viral myocarditis

Maybe the neighbors dog can teach ou how to execute a Google search. Probably not, but maybe.

Nobdoy ever told youlosing the gene pool lottery was going to be easy, did they?

Having a reversible condition is not the same...
No one is stopping them from playing football in the park...but any organization should amd will.
It is absolutely the same. For some of these kids, they have a very limited window of opportunity, and they should absolutely have the option to make that decision for themselves. Sorry if you feel the need to be a statist and have no issue losing all autonomy, but many don't feel the same.

Maybe the neighbors dog can teach ou how to execute a Google search. Probably not, but maybe.

Nobdoy ever told youlosing the gene pool lottery was going to be easy, did they?

Found out the miracle cure for myocarditis yet? I'd really waiting from your google education...keep showing us how dumb you are with this argument.

It is absolutely the same. For some of these kids, they have a very limited window of opportunity, and they should absolutely have the option to make that decision for themselves. Sorry if you feel the need to be a statist and have no issue losing all autonomy, but many don't feel the same.

I'm farthest from statist as can be...so keep trying.. doesn't change the fact that no football coach in the nation let alone school/nfl team would knowingly let someobe play ...its funny you keep bringing war, but can you guess a disqualification from the military?

Found out the miracle cure for myocarditis yet? I'd really waiting from your google education...keep showing us how dumb you are with this argument.

Let me guess. You're still too dumb to figure out the multuple treatments for various levels/types of myocarditis?

How'd I know?

#CantFixStupid

Let me guess. You're still too dumb to figure out the multuple treatments for various levels/types of myocarditis?

How'd I know?

#CantFixStupid

Actually I'd like you to discuss these "treatments" you talk about. What drugs treat myocarditis? I'm not talking about drugs that decrease decread load on the heart but drugs that treat myocarditis

#cantfixstupid @GlenEllynHawk would know

Says the person advocating for govt and organizations to take away the decision making ability for adults....yea, you're definitely a minarchist

It's highly unlikely 33 has the slightest idea what "statist" means. "Minarchist" is clearly way outside his sphere of comprehension.

Actually I'd like you to discuss these "treatments" you talk about. What drugs treat myocarditis? I'm not talking about drugs that decrease decread load on the heart but drugs that treat myocarditis

#cantfixstupid @GlenEllynHawk would know

I told you once I'm not ding your research for you when your answer is a simple Google search away. While I'm certainly not surpirsed you can't figure it out yourself, your incomprehension simply isn't my problem.

Says the person advocating for govt and organizations to take away the decision making ability for adults....yea, you're definitely a minarchist

Actually I am pretty close to a minarchist. Where did I say the State should prevent someone from playing? I said the team/organization should stop a player from playing... You think individuals should tell their employers if and when they should work? You a commie?

I told you once I'm not ding your research for you when your answer is a simple Google search away. While I'm certainly not surpirsed you can't figure it out yourself, your incomprehension simply isn't my problem.

come on dont keep it a secret...tell me this magical treatment that google has come up with....you should publish this data yourself and be the first to ever come up with a treatment of myocarditis that cures instantly....you would be world famous...why are you letting people suffer when you have this magical cure?

Actually I am pretty close to a minarchist. Where did I say the State should prevent someone from playing? I said the team/organization should stop a player from playing... You think individuals should tell their employers if and when they should work? You a commie?
The team...that is part of what? A state university. Follow the bouncing ball.

The team...that is part of what? A state university. Follow the bouncing ball.

Right because the football team is closer to a state program than a multi million dollar generator. Its a private enterprise attached to a university 🙄🙄

Right because the football team is closer to a state program than a multi million dollar generator. Its a private enterprise attached to a university 🙄🙄
Attached to a STATE university. So simple yes or no answer: You are advocating for a state entity to remove the ability for adults to make their own decisions?

But yea, you're in favor of smaller gov't.

Attached to a STATE university. So simple yes or no answer: You are advocating for a state entity to remove the ability for adults to make their own decisions?

But yea, you're in favor of smaller gov't.

Nope not once have I said that...they can go to another school, nfl or the park...

Of course this business of iowa football does and should do physicals like any other business and be able to decide who can play and when.... im sure you want everyone to play who thinks they can play like a good little commie you are

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT