ADVERTISEMENT

B10 Restart Details Emerge: No fans, all teams play 9 games

ichawk24

HR Legend
Nov 21, 2005
No fans.

All B1G teams will play a ninth game on the day of the conference title game.

All 14 teams will play and are expected start games the weekend of Oct. 24. The Big Ten's plan is for an eight-game season, plus a conference championship week where all 14 teams will play a ninth game on the weekend of the league title game. The championship game is scheduled for Dec. 19. That is the day before the College Football Playoff pairings are expected to be announced.

Reactions: HemiHawk
So there will be fans, you just have to be family. Family are still fans.

Reactions: pmtdc
So there will be fans, you just have to be family. Family are still fans.

On the plus side, watching on TV with no piped in fan noise we can hear the coaches yelling out onto the field. Players yelling encouragement. If you have ever sat right behind the Iowa bench you have heard some interesting and entertaining stuff :)

Last edited:
Reactions: pmtdc
No fans.

All 14 teams will play and are expected start games the weekend of Oct. 24. The Big Ten's plan is for an eight-game season, plus a conference championship week where all 14 teams will play a ninth game on the weekend of the league title game. The championship game is scheduled for Dec. 19. That is the day before the College Football Playoff pairings are expected to be announced.

I'm not going to complain too much because fan less football is better than no football but how does fan in the stands matter on the health and safety of the players? Why not give each school the option of deciding how many fans they want. I thought what ND was pretty cool allowing students only spaced out through the stadium. They said an analytics professor designed the seating charts putting students with their roommates and friends.

No matter what form it takes I'm extremely happy we are going to have a season! I'm also pleased that the powers that be came to their senses and realized going forward with even an abbreviated season is the right call.

So 9 games in 9 weeks with start date postponed to a preposterous limit. I would still be thrilled for this to happen but have seen enough to expect a roller-coaster ride.

So 9 games in 9 weeks with start date postponed to a preposterous limit. I would still be thrilled for this to happen but have seen enough to expect a roller-coaster ride.

There's no doubt the original plan with an earlier start and multiple bye dates that was subsequently nixed was far superiorto this one. Nonetheless, this one is far superior to the next plan they came up with (postponement).

There's no doubt the original plan with an earlier start and multiple bye dates that was subsequently nixed was far superiorto this one. Nonetheless, this one is far superior to the next plan they came up with (postponement).

This long delay between now and a 10/24 start date is by design. They could be playing this weekend if they wanted to, this will be an ‘I told you so’ moment When one postponement will be enough to screw up the schedule for the entire league. Throw in the 21 day waiting period to play following a positive test for a player and you can pretty much write the posts now - ‘the conference made this fail by design’

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I know I should be happy they are just playing BUT it’s dumb to not allow some percentage of fans. Wearing masks of course.

This long delay between now and a 10/24 start date is by design. They could be playing this weekend if they wanted to, this will be an ‘I told you so’ moment When one postponement will be enough to screw up the schedule for the entire league. Throw in the 21 day waiting period to play following a positive test for a player and you can pretty much write the posts now - ‘the conference made this fail by design’
Yep. There will be maybe one week of big ten football. This was designed to fail and it’s terribly obvious.

No fans.

For that 9th game you def do not want to be playing Rutgers. Would you tune in to watch Nebraska versus Rutgers on week 9? The bottom in the west has to be Illinois or Nebraska I would think, unless Northwestern picks up sucking where they left off in 2019.

First people are whining about no football. Now they're whining that there are no fans. Jesus, just take a second to be happy.

Absolutely not. There can be no happiness! The world is on fire and the part that is not is getting battered by hurricanes. I know cause I see this on the nightly news. The map on KCRG this morning showed all of Idaho and half of Montana on fire.

These are valid points. It would be advantageous for players to willingly expose themselves to it to get it out of the way.

This long delay between now and a 10/24 start date is by design. They could be playing this weekend if they wanted to, this will be an ‘I told you so’ moment When one postponement will be enough to screw up the schedule for the entire league. Throw in the 21 day waiting period to play following a positive test for a player and you can pretty much write the posts now - ‘the conference made this fail by design
this is my worry also but hopeful that the morons in charge mean well

you can pretty much write the posts now - ‘the conference made this fail by design’
We can and have.
Wearing masks of course.
Hmm. Why not mark off a section of the stands for those willing to sit as per usual? Keep the entrance separate, and even stagger the admittance and release against the muzzle wearers. They could recover a nice chunk of the lost revenue that way.

Or did I forget that we can't allow both sides to choose for themselves?

These are valid points. It would be advantageous for players to willingly expose themselves to it to get it out of the way.

The strange thing is that indeed the wisest move by a player on 9'16 with a 10?24 start date and a 21 day postive test ban may be to test positive ASAP.

This has actually been one of the best, most opinion informative threads I've seen on here in awhile. Let's keep it that way. Go Hawks!

We can and have.

Hmm. Why not mark off a section of the stands for those willing to sit as per usual? Keep the entrance separate, and even stagger the admittance and release against the muzzle wearers. They could recover a nice chunk of the lost revenue that way.

It’s not about sides, it’s common sen....

never mind

Reactions: not_mantiteo
I'm guaranteeing if there are games people will be tailgating. It wont be on UI lots but they will be out there up and down Melrose.

I'm guaranteeing if there are games people will be tailgating. It wont be on UI lots but they will be out there up and down Melrose.

And so will the cops. I would expect maybe some temporary city ordinances to get passed.

The strange thing is that indeed the wisest move by a player on 9'16 with a 10?24 start date and a 21 day postive test ban may be to test positive ASAP.

Except then you miss all that practice. You won't be around the team during those days. The time to get it was this last summer.

We can and have.

Should have made Darth Vader helmets with N95 filtration. Enforce the wearing inside Kinnick.

Reactions: hexumhawk
ADVERTISEMENT