ADVERTISEMENT

B10 Restart Update (Tues)...

BigOHawk

HR Heisman
Oct 27, 2001
Omaha, NE
Dan Patrick says this today...however can't the teams vote "yes" to pass the motion and then opt out?

Sir Yacht's "info" is looking more and more fishy...as a refresher he is the infamous Twitter poster who supposedly has "insider sources" within the B10.

Did they say when they would play if there is never a vaccine ?

how many $70 million dollar loans can they take out?

They deserve the financial destruction they seem to be begging for.

Yes, everything in the world is normal right now.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Dan Patrick says this today...however can't the teams vote "yes" to pass the motion and then opt out?

Sir Yacht's "info" is looking more and more fishy...as a refresher he is the infamous Twitter poster who supposedly has "insider sources" within the B10.
I really do believe Sir Yacht, I just think the atmosphere is so hectic and changes so much that by the time he drops a bombshell tweet it has already changed. I think he's just jumping the gun to be the big news dropper. Quite a few of the things he has said has also been covered by major sports commentators/networks.

• Haha
Reactions: BettDogs7
I really do believe Sir Yacht, I just think the atmosphere is so hectic and changes so much that by the time he drops a bombshell tweet it has already changed. I think he's just jumping the gun to be the big news dropper. Quite a few of the things he has said has also been covered by major sports commentators/networks.
I want to believe him, I really do and hopefully I'll eat crow on all of this perhaps as soon as this week! A very fluid situation indeed..

Still a month until Oct. 10th. Why not say lets play and cancel the week of if they have to. It all makes no sense. Iowa HS football is going about as smooth as it can.

Reactions: badger-007
Still a month until Oct. 10th. Why not say lets play and cancel the week of if they have to. It all makes no sense. Iowa HS football is going about as smooth as it can.
Exactly, no reason to cancel a season months out. They should have always pushed it back farther into the fall....instead of cancelling and then pushing it back until spring? I wouldn't say its going super smooth.....quite a few games cancelled but that is as expected. But no, no one has dropped over dead and/or suffered heart attacks (sorry @aristotleiowa) and we are on week 3...

I'll prep you for whats to come: "well, yeah...what about the coaches?" "what about the players grandparents?" "what about the long term effects?" yadayadayadayadaya

Yep cause evidently kids are too f-ing stupid to stay away from their own grandparents, and last I checked most grandparents are kinda vocal and have the ability to tell kids to stay away and will see them when there is a vaccine.

I really do believe Sir Yacht
OGC.ec84b05a420d759618b823b6cfae9d7b

Yep cause evidently kids are too f-ing stupid to stay away from their own grandparents, and last I checked most grandparents are kinda vocal and have the ability to tell kids to stay away and will see them when there is a vaccine.

And of course when playing sports kids will magically come in contact with their parents and grandparents, but when they are not playing they will not come in contact with any other students and with their parents and grandparents.

Totally agree. I worry that the reason we aren’t taking that approach is because the presidents at a handful of schools like Michigan and Northwestern have no intention of playing until the virus is gone. Otherwise I don’t know what we expect to be different by Thanksgiving or January. Because from a football perspective it makes a huge difference to play in October and from a virus perspective I’m at a loss as to what will be different from October to Thanksgiving.

Totally agree. I worry that the reason we aren’t taking that approach is because the presidents at a handful of schools like Michigan and Northwestern have no intention of playing until the virus is gone. Otherwise I don’t know what we expect to be different by Thanksgiving or January. Because from a football perspective it makes a huge difference to play in October and from a virus perspective I’m at a loss as to what will be different from October to Thanksgiving.
I can think of something that may be different.

If Oct 10 is the gameplan, have to wonder:
1. how many B1G teams want to play? DP mentioned six schools that don't want to play -which leaves eight schools ready to start?
2. where will they play? Indy, Detroit, and Mpls? Or at their respective home fields?

In order to start by October 10, how much practice time is reasonably needed to prepare for that first game? So, what is the latest cut-off date that a vote would have to take place? I'm wondering if they want to wait a couple of weeks to see how some of the other conferences turn out before voting. Is something like that even possible?

You are all foolish if you think the big ten is seriously considering playing in November. Or December. Or January or later.

It's either a turnabout and play October or they'll sit on that grenade and it will absolutely blow them to smithereens.

The only crime is to those institutions that are wanting to play and will end up collateral damage in this political game.

You are all foolish if you think the big ten is seriously considering playing in November. Or December. Or January or later
The thought of playing football sometime this year or early next year is a lot less foolish than the ridiculous proposition that the Big Ten Conference may be on the ""precipice of collapse", a claim you shared with everyone here just last week.

The Covid shut downs are wearing thin, every day people in the shut down states meet their pain threshold. Every day the magnitude of the Covid exaggeration lowers that pain threshold.

The Trump turnout in Michigan Thursday will produce a big bounce for the pro-play proponents in Michigan. He's campaigning on it and the Michigan governor is a favorite punching bag. Not playing football is a leading social indicator of the level of discontent in Michigan.

I don't know that I would say Iowa is running smoothly. Sounds like Kennedy is going to shut down and Washington will to make sure they are safe. Lots of teams having problems.

But... state did plan for this and everyone gets to play in the post season.

One thing DP said yesterday about this is how poorly Warren has handled it (shock we haven't heard that before). But to the point that he makes the announcement and instead of owning it and talking about it his decision he's gone for the most part radio silence. Said his show has reached out numerous times as so many other national radio shows have done. I give the PAC 12 commissioner credit for actually going on his show last week and making his case be it you agree or don't with him. At least he's owning up to his decision and not cowering in silence like Warren is and as DP said if Delaney was around this PR mess wouldn't be happening. Even people who are fans of Warren like Paul Finebaum have ripped on Warren for his mishandling of it.

I don't know that I would say Iowa is running smoothly. Sounds like Kennedy is going to shut down and Washington will to make sure they are safe. Lots of teams having problems.

I was more talking about the health and safety of players and staff. They had a plan. and have gone with it. As far as I know, there are not a lot of players or staff super sick..... as of now. So the plan through week 3 seems to be working in that regard.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
"Sir Yacht" (pictured below) is an anonymous twitter poster without any known journalist experience or sports journalist credentials that randomly publishes information he claims to know, sometimes exclusively, about privately held executive decisions and actions of the Big Ten Commissioner, B10 university presidents, B10 athletic directors, coaches, and other high level conference administrators, Virtually all of his pronouncements concerning an action taken or to be taken by any of the foregoing officials have not happened. He also occasionally makes a prediction -- and they have failed. Badly. His track record for accuracy is hilariously awful. If his twitter account pronouncements were a television production they would be a Monty Python episode. That you are willing to publically state that you "really believe" him is .... well, pretty damn funny.

caCFQt-a.jpg

AATXAJwQKuxCB-i-6uhW5pYQ3G5buc1Plt9vNXC1jQ=s900-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Last edited:
The thought of playing football sometime this year or early next year is a lot less foolish than the ridiculous proposition that the Big Ten Conference may be on the ""precipice of collapse", a claim you shared with everyone here just last week.

I still believe that. And I still hope I'm wrong.

Shutting down for what? Confirmed positives or just for possible exposure?

Reactions: hexumhawk
ADVERTISEMENT