ADVERTISEMENT

B1G 7-1

Big 10 favored in remaining 5 bowl games. It would be nice to see the Big 10 go 8-0 in bowl games...

I was looking at the remaining games and I saw the same thing you did. It wouldn't be a shock to go 8-0 against those matchups. So this is what happens when the B10 doesn't half to play behind the eight ball because each team is bumped up a spot in the bowl matchups due to BCS and now CFP.

On the flip side, the PAC12 sucks. No wonder they never get invited to the CFP. They're 1-5 now and, with the matchups they have left, they could be looking at a 1-8 bowl record this year. I love it.

I was looking at the remaining games and I saw the same thing you did. It wouldn't be a shock to go 8-0 against those matchups. So this is what happens when the B10 doesn't half to play behind the eight ball because each team is bumped up a spot in the bowl matchups due to BCS and now CFP.

On the flip side, the PAC12 sucks. No wonder they never get invited to the CFP. They're 1-5 now and, with the matchups they have left, they could be looking at a 1-8 bowl record this year. I love it.

I'm in the camp that doesn't think TCU is great so I was shocked in the collapse of Stanford last night. I was on a 8 game winning streak in my bowl pick em until they blew that.

Reactions: Eternal Return
+999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

I don't get into the whole bowl record determining how good a conference is narrative, but it is nice to see the conference doing well so far. All about matchups and what team has something to play for. But yes, not having someone in the CFP put the conference on favorable footing this year for bowl games.

I'm in the camp that doesn't think TCU is great so I was shocked in the collapse of Stanford last night. I was on a 8 game winning streak in my bowl pick em until they blew that.

I agree with you. I thought Stanford would whip them. They were, in fact, and then they just ... I don't know how they choked. They just stopped playing and TCU got fired up. Bryce Love looked like he wore down, too. That was the one matchup for the PAC12 that looked like a sure thing to me. I'm thrilled, personally, because I had no money on the game. Love seeing Stanford fall flat. And I REALLY love watching the Pac12 tank.

I have been saying this for years (except I said "have to play" not "half to play"). In the BCS days the Big 10 sent 2 teams more than any other conference. In many years Iowa was playing teams it had no business being matched up with. While this year the B1G getting snubbed for the playoff made for more favorable matchups for the B1G.

Sorry, I need Wisky to lose... my badger friend would love nothing more than to be able to say, "we got 13-win season, what's Iowa got?"

Do not want :mad:

Also, it's very hard right now to root for any team lead by Mr. Sleepover.

I'll settle for 3-2 the rest of the way.

Reactions: madmax1191
Get ready for the the “bowl games don’t really display conference strength” spin from the Disneybots.

Agreed......which I believe it doesn't either. But it's funny ESPN will use that sort of spin while they make a big deal about their "Bowl Challenge Cup" as if that determines what conference is the best.

They will just say that since two SEC teams made the playoffs it led to a bunch of bad match ups for SEC teams. Which I would accept if they would accept the same thing when it happens to the Big 10 in pretty much every year. This just shows what happens when Big 10 teams aren't playing two levels above what they should.

Personally, I think Georgia walks out with at least 2 losses if they played Iowa's schedule this year (to be fair, they would be undefeated if they had Wisconsin's schedule).

You sure about that... Wisconsin won more games, won their division, each lost one game to a top 5 team.. sos where about equal..

Yes, I'm sure. Alabama beat two teams currently in the AP Top 25 (#16 LSU and #24 Mississippi St). Wisconsin beat nobody currently in the Top 25. Wisconsin won more games because they had one more game scheduled than Alabama (both teams have one loss).

I get we're supposed to hate Alabama but the facts don't support your claim. I know Alabama's schedule was soft this year, especially with FSU turning out to be crap, but Wisconsin's schedule was an absolute joke. Alabama's resume wins by a nose.

Last edited:
They'll try to have it both ways. Lobby against the conference to keep them out of the playoffs in the first place but then turn around and complain that the conference "benefited" from not being in the playoffs, now that the conference's bowl record is so good.

Yes, I'm sure. Alabama beat two teams currently in the AP Top 25 (#16 LSU and #24 Mississippi St). Wisconsin beat nobody currently in the Top 25. Wisconsin won more games because they had one more game scheduled than Alabama (both teams have one loss).

I get were supposed to hate Alabama but the facts don't support your claim. I know Alabama's schedule was soft this year, especially with FSU turning out to be crap, but Wisconsin's schedule was an absolute joke. Alabama's resume wins by a nose.
Michaigan and northwestern are on par with lsu and missi st.. I don't think either Wisconsin or bama should be in the playoffs,

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Michaigan and northwestern are on par with lsu and missi st.. I don't think either Wisconsin or bama should be in the playoffs,

Had Ohio State not gotten blown out by Iowa, I would agree Bama shouldn't be in the playoffs. There just isn't anyone who is more deserving of the 4th seed. Can't blame Alabama that other teams didn't take care of business.

Oh, and the rankings don't agree that Michigan is on par with LSU since Michigan isn't even in the Top 25. I understand Alabama did not have a strong case for the playoffs this year, but Wisconsin has no case. Like I said, Bama's resume wins by a nose over Wisconsin's.

I get we're supposed to hate Alabama but the facts don't support your claim. I know Alabama's schedule was soft this year, especially with FSU turning out to be crap, but Wisconsin's schedule was an absolute joke. Alabama's resume wins by a nose.

Northwestern is ranked in the top 25.

And according to Massey and Sagarin, Wisky had a tougher SOS than Bama.

Northwestern is ranked in the top 25.

And according to Massey and Sagarin, Wisky had a tougher SOS than Bama.
That's what I was saying line whisky and bama up who had the better resume to be in the playoffs.. to me it's Wisconsin... they won their division just lost last

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
ADVERTISEMENT