ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championships-Session 1 : PBP Thread

With all due respect, this team is far from the worst Iowa wrestling team in your lifetime.

Massa was an ultra blue-chip recruit coming out of high school and was in the national title conversation at Nationals last year. His 7 seed isn't at all representative of his talent, and he's just rounding into form after coming back from injury. "Disappointing on paper" is an meaningless phrase. Reality is what matters, and Massa is easily a top 4 165 nationally. The battle is between IMar, Joseph, Massa, and Alex. You never want to lose -- and note that this was Alex's first loss of the season with a heck of a tough schedule -- but that was nothing more than a hard-fought loss to an outstanding wrestler. Hardly grounds for massive disappointment.

I understand there are reasons to be disappointed about the morning session, but Alex Marinelli sure isn't one of them, in the sense that he gave tremendous effort, attacked the whole match, and fought to the end. Alex Marinelli represents everything that is right about Iowa wrestling. And my money says he comes back and beats Massa for 3rd.
Marinelli wrestled hard and is a bright spot on this team. The truth is they have 4-5 wrestlers who wouldn't start on many below average Iowa teams. All on one team. Glynn Turk Gunther Bowman and yes Wilcke . That falls on the coaching staff and there is no excuse for that to happen at Iowa

Reactions: Lsanders20
No you don't. Bye's are random though so no-one is favored. Purdue had several 1st round byes. But yes I think you get credit for a rd 1 win if you win in rd 2 and had a bye.

& if you get a bye & get bonus in round two, you get the advancement & bp for round 1 as well. Lee basically scored two falls in round 2. Grace & Ironside discussed this at length.

Reactions: depelland
No....Spencer got his advancement point from round one but he only got bonus points for the one pin he got. If you have a bye, you lose opportunity for bonus for that match

ADVERTISEMENT