ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championships-Session 2 : PBP Thread

Vallholl

HR Legend
Feb 2, 2013
Thought I'd get this started. Sounds link Consolations at 5 PM and then Championship about 6:30 PM.

I'll hang on as long as I can. My daughter who dances lost a dance shoe and my non-dancing daughter may or may not have mentioned that she told her to pack her back three days ago and yada yada yada, my non-dancing daughter is home and did not go to Davenport for dance. So, I may not be doing this all night as I had once planned.

Thought I'd get this started. Sounds link Consolations at 5 PM and then Championship about 6:30 PM.

I'll hang on as long as I can. My daughter who dances lost a dance shoe and my non-dancing daughter may or may not have mentioned that she told her to pack her back three days ago and yada yada yada, my non-dancing daughter is home and did not go to Davenport for dance. So, I may not be doing this all night as I had once planned.

You’re the Cash Wilcke of message board posters. Don’t quit on us now!!!!

Jk ;)

Reactions: Vallholl
I thought Nolf looked great on the mat. On his feet a slight limp. Plus it seems like people were targeting his knee. That being said, I find it shockingly predicable that Nolf is a MFF.

Ironside is interested in seeing Gunther and Wilcke wrestle tonight. This is a big part of their development and for the rest of the their life. I love Ironside.

I thought Nolf looked great on the mat. On his feet a slight limp. Plus it seems like people were targeting his knee. That being said, I find it shockingly predicable that Nolf is a MFF.

Ironside is interested in seeing Gunther and Wilcke wrestle tonight. This is a big part of their development and for the rest of the their life. I love Ironside.
Totally agree about Ironside. Ive never wrestled one second in my life but I could listen to him all day long talk about wrestling.

Turk vs Prof.
Turk needs to win.
Single shot and trying to bring up but rutroh, he's cradled.
He's fighting.
That guy jumped the cradle hard.
Rolled thru as Turk tried to stand up and dump
Wow.
0-0
Everyone has different singlets
1:10
Turk drops and gets a SW on Prof.
Now 2/1 and to a dbl and up and finishes hard.
No roll.
TD for Thurk
Ironside likes attacks like that.
Got to ride out.
Drops hims again.
2-0
21 seconds of RT
End of 1

Reactions: Dagboi

I’d love to have a reality check TALK with Ironside and Connor and let him know truly how frustrated the Iowa faithful are. I absolutely love and respect those guys both until you admit there’s problems nothing will get solved.

2nd period
Prof goes down.
Out in 2 seconds.2-1
Turk has got to do more than win this match.
Low single attempt by Prof.
Nothing.
Underhook on the right side
1:04
OOB
Prof another shot.
Pulling in
Locked aroudn teh chest
barrel rolls oob
This middle part worries Ironside
Head to the inside on Turk
They haven't called.
Prof. scoots out of bounds.

3rd
Turk starts down.
Optional start
3-1
0:23 RT
Dbl off to a single by Turk
up up up
loses it.
Prof in on a shot and elevates
On the edge. hopping around
Turk grabs an ankle
and they go oob
Ironside yells "that's bull crap"
as Turk gets a Sw.
360 attempt
15 seconds left.
Horn
Thurk wins 3-1.

I’d love to have a reality check TALK with Ironside and Connor and let him know truly how frustrated the Iowa faithful are. I absolutely love and respect those guys both until you admit there’s problems nothing will get solved.
Well have that talk with them after the season. They’re talking about the guys needing to wrestle well tonight to advance which is all that matters.

Reactions: PrairieHawk24
He looked great today. Maybe a couple grimaces that lasted 1 second - but nothing that looked like a big concern.
Well, there’s one fallacy we can check off ya’lls list. Cael really does care about his wrestlers and winning really isn’t all he cares about.

That’s actually two we can put to rest now isn’t it?

Nolf looked like a shell of himself ... not sure what some of you guys were seeing. He’s a right leg lead and had to wrestle left leg lead the whole day — limping around on his feet and shying away from several positions. I’d be shocked if he won Nationals with what I saw today.

Bull against Campbell
Slide by and Bull tries to get the leg.
Campbell with 3 slidebyes and Bull now collar tie
Bull has a leg and elevates
"No roll no roll"
Trips and covers TD for Bull
Riding.
2-0
1:59 left in first.
Riding tough and dumping.
1:02 and still riding.
0:57 for RT
Campbell switch back has a leg and Bull getting RT but in danger of RV
Campbell with esc.
2-1
RT 1:19
End of 1
Neutral in 2nd. (Think bull picked)

Campbell has the skates on and Bull is stalking him around the mat.
Bull leads 2-1
Gets a leg and cuts the corner and covers
TD
4-1
Esc for Campbell
4-2
30 seconds togo
High crotch forBull but Campbell fights
SW on Campbell
End of 2
Bull 1:26 RT

Campbell choses top
Bull, switch and gets a RV!
It took like 2 seconds
6-2
1:37 and building in RT
Bull looks good.
Bull has a whipover and Bobby / Ironside get excited but he missed it.
ESC for Campbell.
Head to outside, dbl and pops head for TD
8-3
RT = 9-3 winner for Bull
All Bobby wants is Massa for 3rd.

I had worried that after a tough match and his first loss of the season, Marinelli might come out a little flat but he came out and took care of business.

Reactions: andegre
Really strong effort by Alex, but I'm greedy. He dominated, and I think he easily could have majored him had he cut him more and ridden him less. Definitely widened the gap on Campbell, in any case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT