ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Early Preview/Predictions

Illini’s third best player after Kofi and Curbelo: 6-6 Austin Hutcherson.

? BS. Come on. Has to be Frazier — ABT team honorable mention and all-defensive team selection.

Melendez looks all-freshman team caliber though.

You guys are going to really miss Orlando Antigua. lol

Illini’s third best player after Kofi and Curbelo: 6-6 Austin Hutcherson.
There has been a lot of hype about him for a couple years now. Even some of the Illini sport writers have started to quiet about him with the injuries and delays. I agree he could be the x-factor for Illinois competing for the B1G Championship just because he has that much athleticism and talent. However guy has been through a lot and very few basketball players come out of it all 100%.

You dumb ass. The players dont have to worry about our two best players last year. We dont have anyone close to those two.

Did you not watch any of the Oregon game? JBo couldn't see the basket to shoot with those guy playing. JBo will get other teams best defender on the perimeter and JBo will havd a tough time in EVERY Big ten game. Did you ever play the game of basketball? Ever?
Well...Wisconsin is widely known as having one of the best defensive teams in the B1G and they play m2m. JoBo has had their number since he's been here. Explain that please.
JBO vs. Wisconsin in his career:

23-64 FGs (36%)
14-50 3PT (28%)
Ouch. Well he has hit at least one game-winner at WI.

? BS. Come on. Has to be Frazier — ABT team honorable mention and all-defensive team selection.

Melendez looks all-freshman team caliber though.

You guys are going to really miss Orlando Antigua. lol

Hard to confidently say we won’t miss a recruiter like Antigua, but I’ll say that Chester Frazier has been a phenomenal replacement so far on the recruiting trail.

Im not optimistic about our basketball team. We will win some games that will surprise people and we will lose some head scratchers. An NCAA bid would be a great accomplishment. The Iowa womens team is going to be fantastic.

Im not optimistic about our basketball team. We will win some games that will surprise people and we will lose some head scratchers. An NCAA bid would be a great accomplishment. The Iowa womens team is going to be fantastic.
While I agree that an NCAA bid would be a great option, I don't know that I would say I'm not optimistic.
With all of the scoring loss it would be shocking if they replaced that without a hitch. But, I'm still looking forward to the possibilities.
What I'd like to see, though, is to let the new guys get increasing minutes while recognizing they will struggle at times.

Reactions: Suterman
While I agree that an NCAA bid would be a great option, I don't know that I would say I'm not optimistic.
With all of the scoring loss it would be shocking if they replaced that without a hitch. But, I'm still looking forward to the possibilities.
What I'd like to see, though, is to let the new guys get increasing minutes while recognizing they will struggle at times.
Agree with this.....I don't "expect" this team to be an NCAA team....replacing those scorers is a tall task. We NEED to play better defense, run, rebound, score in transition and on offensive rebounds in a big way. I'm doubting that all comes together.....so my perspective on this season is this:

I am excited to see all of the new guys play and see how they have developed...and to hopefully see them continue to develop as the season progresses.....I think that I will find the season relatively enjoyable as long as they are at least in a position, with about a 4th of the season left, to have a shot to get to 20 wins...be a bubble team, and be playing their best ball going into the B10 tournament......the B10 will be brutally tough again this year....so getting close to 20 wins will be a real challenge.

^ I tend to think the B1G will indeed be tough again, and I don’t think last year’s NCAAT collapse is entirely indicative of the conference’s strength. I think it definitely speaks to some type of issue for the B1G’s physical style of play come March, but I think if you replayed that exact Tournament, you could just as easily wind up with a Final Four with 3 B1G teams. Tourney is a crap shoot.

Reactions: perryhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT