ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Football is BACK! 9 (8+1) Games in 9 Week Window w/ Oct 23/24 Start Date, which is Crucial w/ Dec 19 B1G Title Game & CFP Teams Revealed Dec 20

It's all very interesting too hearing that everyone "has a source" inside these meetings, which are probably quite small if I'd wager a guess. Wonder if that single source is the same one talking to all these media people? Or maybe Sir Yacht himself is in the room, HA!

So no vote yesterday? Kick it down the road another day.... They should have used that tactic with their decision to cancel!

These decision makers need to continue to have their feet held to the fire over this

Aug 5 (when the 10 game schedule came out) through today has been nothing short of a complete disaster.

Kevin Warren represents the 14 ADs, who all wanted to play. He has failed miserably in decision making and in communicating to coaches/players/parents/fans/the media

Aug 5 (when the 10 game schedule came out) through today has been nothing short of a complete disaster.

Kevin Warren represents the 14 ADs, who all wanted to play. He has failed miserably in decision making and in communicating to coaches/players/parents/fans/the media

The 14 Prezs effectively sign his check though. In business management we call this CYA and wanting to eat. He is a newbie wanting to please all / most all the bosses.

I mean why can't Jimbo Khaki pants get a meeting with the Michigan Prez?

Reactions: LinusPF
The 14 Prezs effectively sign his check though. In business management we call this CYA and wanting to eat. He is a newbie wanting to please all / most all the bosses.

I mean why can't Jimbo Khaki pants get a meeting with the Michigan Prez?
didn't Hunter Rawlings & Hayden clash, too? I can't remember the specifics

It's all very interesting too hearing that everyone "has a source" inside these meetings, which are probably quite small if I'd wager a guess. Wonder if that single source is the same one talking to all these media people? Or maybe Sir Yacht himself is in the room, HA!
Don't doubt a buy with a yacht!

I don't think a vote was expected on Sun. The 14 Presidents "met" and listened to a long, detailed presentation by the Return to Competition Task Force (including medical, TV and football scheduling sub-committees). I certainly wouldn't expect the Presidents to make a decision on the spot. I think a formal vote is expected in the next few days. Fingers crossed.

Yesterday was the earliest a vote was expected

It was then reported that the vote should take place today or tomorrow

Now there are reports the vote will happen sometime this week

1. the fact that he mentioned Trump at all he made it political
2. Speaking of politics, he played football with NJ Senator Cory Booker at Sanford
3. In reading this thread and the multiple threads on the RU boards it seems to me that no one has a clue as to what the votes will be, how many are really needed and who will actually play. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is blowing smoke out of their butts trying to guess.
every report i have seem seems to indicate:

* The vote will pass. Will it be close to unanimous, in order to show unity? That is the remaining question. 9 "yes" votes are required to play ball.

* All 14 teams will be playing

every report i have seem seems to indicate:

* The vote will pass. Will it be close to unanimous, in order to show unity? That is the remaining question. 9 "yes" votes are required to play ball.

* All 14 teams will be playing

What if a governor says the hell you will in my state?

More fake news from unnamed sources. The entire BIG community is getting punked. Not one league statement indicating any of this is actually under consideration.

So if someone has 5 or 10 years left ok for them to die? You sure they only have a short time to live? Is this god?

Its probably not people that have 5-10 years, its probably more like 2-6 months to live. Nice try to keep edging the risk exposure of covid exposure to more and more of the general population instead of being honest.

Its real simple. Those people in the serious risk groups isolate, not the rest of the population. Quit giving some lame emotional comeback asking you want people to die? This is the typical progressive response a question rooted in emotion and no reason.

Its probably not people that have 5-10 years, its probably more like 2-6 months to live. Nice try to keep edging the risk exposure of covid exposure to more and more of the general population instead of being honest.

Its real simple. Those people in the serious risk groups isolate, not the rest of the population. Quit giving some lame emotional comeback asking you want people to die? This is the typical progressive response a question rooted in emotion and no reason.
That’s quite the take...I knew of someone who had battled an illness years ago...but was really fit and active For their age. Had years left at least and it got them. So saying all these people were going to die in six months anyways is quite the statement

More fake news from unnamed sources. The entire BIG community is getting punked. Not one league statement indicating any of this is actually under consideration.

Ya everyone has a source. Unless we see something official, I’ll just assume Big Ten football isn’t happening and honestly I’m kinda over it at this point. Play or don’t play, whatever

So someone who has cancer but has recovered, Is currently 55 years old And may have another 30 years to live dies from covid, too bad. Great.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
This morning on ESPNU radio I believe it's called the 1st team. One of the hosts made a good point. How is the Big 10 didn't vote news. Just make a decision and get back to us then. The other host was saying I think there making progress.

But the longer this goes the more I'm thinking no B1G football this fall.

So someone who has cancer but has recovered, Is currently 55 years old And may have another 30 years to live dies from covid, too bad. Great.

I'll play, if you can handle blunt clinical reality. If they died from COVID...they were not likely to live another 30 years. Their immune system was significantly compromised. Sad, but true.

People die every day. It sucks, but that’s life. It’s funny how only Covid deaths are important to some people.
college students are getting covid. it would be expected that college football players would get it, too. and guess what? they are getting it, even though they are not playing.

play ball!!

Reactions: pmtdc
At what point do the schools that want to play move on without the others? Each week that goes by without a vote it's the schools that don't want to play that are winning this battle, because at some point it's going to become too late to start to even be a factor in the fall.

At what point do the schools that want to play move on without the others? Each week that goes by without a vote it's the schools that don't want to play that are winning this battle, because at some point it's going to become too late to start to even be a factor in the fall.
I know it will never happen for obvious reasons but I also really want this to happen. I also selfishly want them to keep all of the revenue and not share it with the schools that insist on mucking everything up and have kept us from playing so far.

I'll play, if you can handle blunt clinical reality. If they died from COVID...they were not likely to live another 30 years. Their immune system was significantly compromised. Sad, but true.
Wrong. Perfectly healthy people are dying every day from this, and you're trying to say their immune system is compromised? Simply not true at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT