ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Football is BACK! 9 (8+1) Games in 9 Week Window w/ Oct 23/24 Start Date, which is Crucial w/ Dec 19 B1G Title Game & CFP Teams Revealed Dec 20

So, any announcement scheduled? Or is this another case of “vote will be happening tomorrow”?
a schedule should be coming shortly. it will be interesting to see if their are 6 division plus 2 cross over games. hopefully we lose tOSU, since we will be playing them in the B1G Title Game. ;)

As I posted above, there is no room for error.

Check out this 10 WEEK timeline, assuming a "bye week floater" in the middle of the season:

Oct 17--Game 1
Oct 24--Game 2
Oct 31--Game 3
Nov 7--Game 4
Nov 14--BYE WEEK/RESERVED FOR RESCHEDULED GAME
Nov 21--Game 5
Nov 28--Game 6
Dec 5--Game 7
Dec 12--Game 8

Dec 19--B1G Championship Game

Dec 20--The FOUR College Football Playoff Teams announced

I’m waiting——————————-
I’m starting to think that no one in Nebraska knows anything. At all.
I told everyone when they started freaking out today....wait for official word. Who knows they may announce tomorrow, or next Sunday or January 1st. The only official word that has come out is season is postponed to spring.

everything else is fake news by unnamed sources...

Did you miss this story? Jeff is a well respected journalist. They actually exist.

Again, here is the timeline & the story:

Big Ten football on the cusp of returning to the field this fall, perhaps as early as Oct. 17
Jeff Potrykus
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
UPDATED: 2:13 PM CT, Sep 15, 2020

MADISON – The excruciating wait Big Ten football players and coaches have experienced in the last month, a time laden with uncertainty and frustration, is about to end.

Big Ten football is coming back.

Sources told the Journal Sentinel on Tuesday that a proposal has been approved for the league to play its 2020 season this fall.

The starting date is unclear, but the latest proposal submitted to the Big Ten’s Council of Presidents and Chancellors featured an Oct. 17 kickoff. Each team is to play eight games in a nine-week window, with the league title game tentatively set for Dec. 19.

That should allow a Big Ten representative to compete for a spot in the four-team College Football Playoff field. That field is scheduled to be revealed Dec. 20.

It is unclear when league officials will make a formal announcement, but according to KETV7 in Omaha, University of Nebraska president Ted Carter was caught on a hot mic Tuesday morning sharing that the league would release the news later in the day.

“We’re getting ready to announce the Huskers and Big Ten football tonight,” Carter told Bob Hinson, director of the National Strategic Research Institute, before a news conference in Lincoln.

The Big Ten Council of Presidents and Chancellors voted, 11-3, last month to shut down all Big Ten fall sports because of concerns over the coronavirus pandemic.

Ohio State, Nebraska and Iowa were the three schools that voted to play.

Nine votes are needed to reverse the August decision.

The Journal Sentinel reported Sunday that sources familiar with the situation expected the council to approve a proposal to start the season next month.

The league’s return to competition task force, chaired by Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez, has been working for several weeks to fashion proposals to start the season.

Alvarez has expressed guarded optimism that Big Ten teams would play in 2020, but it wasn’t until late Saturday that sources told the Journal Sentinel they expected the league’s presidents and chancellors to green-light starting the season.

Perhaps the No. 1 factor has been the development of COVID-19 tests, which are more rapid and less costly now than they were in August.

Alvarez has consistently talked about the importance of such tests, beginning with an Aug. 11 Zoom session with reporters who cover UW.

"If we had a saliva test that we could get back within an hour," he said recently, "heck, we could have our guys do their test, go in and have breakfast and they’d have an answer before they went to practice and we could have a clean practice field."

On Saturday, the Big Ten’s medical subcommittee made a formal presentation to the league’s presidential steering committee, which features presidents/chancellors from eight schools.

The full Council of Presidents and Chancellors was briefed Sunday.

Speaking to the UW athletic board earlier this month, Alvarez sounded encouraged that players across the league would have the option of playing sooner than later.

“We’re looking forward to, as we gather more information, to having other meetings with the chancellors and presidents,” he said. "And hopefully we can reschedule the football season and get that started at some point.”

Connect the dots folks wisconsin presi
Did you miss this story?

Big Ten football on the cusp of returning to the field this fall, perhaps as early as Oct. 17
Jeff Potrykus
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
UPDATED: 2:13 PM CT, Sep 15, 2020

MADISON – The excruciating wait Big Ten football players and coaches have experienced in the last month, a time laden with uncertainty and frustration, is about to end.

Big Ten football is coming back.

Sources told the Journal Sentinel on Tuesday that a proposal has been approved for the league to play its 2020 season this fall.

The starting date is unclear, but the latest proposal submitted to the Big Ten’s Council of Presidents and Chancellors featured an Oct. 17 kickoff. Each team is to play eight games in a nine-week window, with the league title game tentatively set for Dec. 19.

That should allow a Big Ten representative to compete for a spot in the four-team College Football Playoff field. That field is scheduled to be revealed Dec. 20.

It is unclear when league officials will make a formal announcement, but according to KETV7 in Omaha, University of Nebraska president Ted Carter was caught on a hot mic Tuesday morning sharing that the league would release the news later in the day.

“We’re getting ready to announce the Huskers and Big Ten football tonight,” Carter told Bob Hinson, director of the National Strategic Research Institute, before a news conference in Lincoln.

The Big Ten Council of Presidents and Chancellors voted, 11-3, last month to shut down all Big Ten fall sports because of concerns over the coronavirus pandemic.

Ohio State, Nebraska and Iowa were the three schools that voted to play.

Nine votes are needed to reverse the August decision.

The Journal Sentinel reported Sunday that sources familiar with the situation expected the council to approve a proposal to start the season next month.

The league’s return to competition task force, chaired by Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez, has been working for several weeks to fashion proposals to start the season.

Alvarez has expressed guarded optimism that Big Ten teams would play in 2020, but it wasn’t until late Saturday that sources told the Journal Sentinel they expected the league’s presidents and chancellors to green-light starting the season.

Perhaps the No. 1 factor has been the development of COVID-19 tests, which are more rapid and less costly now than they were in August.

Alvarez has consistently talked about the importance of such tests, beginning with an Aug. 11 Zoom session with reporters who cover UW.

"If we had a saliva test that we could get back within an hour," he said recently, "heck, we could have our guys do their test, go in and have breakfast and they’d have an answer before they went to practice and we could have a clean practice field."

On Saturday, the Big Ten’s medical subcommittee made a formal presentation to the league’s presidential steering committee, which features presidents/chancellors from eight schools.

The full Council of Presidents and Chancellors was briefed Sunday.

Speaking to the UW athletic board earlier this month, Alvarez sounded encouraged that players across the league would have the option of playing sooner than later.

“We’re looking forward to, as we gather more information, to having other meetings with the chancellors and presidents,” he said. "And hopefully we can reschedule the football season and get that started at some point.”

”sources” lol aka sir canoe

We will see what happens...I’ve seen everyone get all jazzed up about the big ten announcing a plan “tomorrow” for about three weeks now...so I’ll believe it when I hear it come out of kevin warrens mouth...

Reactions: Franisdaman
Welp.... maybe "tomorrow".

B1G is a flipping joke. Have they had any official statements lately or are they just strolling along... taking their sweet time, as the rumors fly?

At least make a damn announcement of what your deadline is for an announcement. :oops:

Reactions: F5n5
Does Warren or anyone else know that they were supposed to announce something tonight? Maybe release a statement with some indication of WTF you are doing

At least we got the 99.99% announcement (see tweet below) from Jeff of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

* 8 games
* Oct 17 start date
* Dec 12 reg season end date
* Dec 19 B1G Title Game
* Dec 20 CFP Selection

Again, relax. As Jeff states in the tweet below, don't worry that the league hasn't officially announced yet. It's coming.

The Full Story:

We will see what happens...I’ve seen everyone get all jazzed up about the big ten announcing a plan “tomorrow” for about three weeks now...so I’ll believe it when I hear it come out of kevin warrens mouth...
Jeff of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is a respected journalist.

He says the Oct 17 start date and 8 game season is happening.

A B1G Champion will be crowned on Dec 19, which will be in time for the Dec 20 CFP Selection Show.

It's happening. ;)

Yeah, I mean what use do the other 13 teams have for that tens of millions of dollars of revenue each, right? And not only that, what good is it to that kid dreaming of an NFL career to have another season to showcase their talent? I mean, as ong as you don't care, why shouldn't everybody else suffer?
How is anyone suffering because I don’t care? And NCAA granted kids an extra year so the showcasing talent isn’t an issue.

How is anyone suffering because I don’t care? And NCAA granted kids an extra year so the showcasing talent isn’t an issue.

If no one suffered from not playing footbal, there wouldn't have been any football before COVID.

Seriously, this isn't that difficult.

Reactions: pmtdc
If no one suffered from not playing footbal, there wouldn't have been any football before COVID.

Seriously, this isn't that difficult.
Huh? Again, if I don't care about something, there are zero people suffering. Maybe you think I control whether people or suffer or not with my mind?

I just think this is a waste of a year. Partial season to try and get OSU into a playoff. Glad the kids get to play some games but I am just not going to be as into it as a normal season. And again, my not caring as much has zero effect on anything other than me.

Huh? Again, if I don't care about something, there are zero people suffering. Maybe you think I control whether people or suffer or not with my mind?

No, I think the OP doesn't care if football is being played, so he thinks others who do care shouldn't be allowed to play.

Seriously, see if there is a child in your neighborhood who can explain.

No, I think the OP doesn't care if football is being played, so he thinks others who do care shouldn't be allowed to play.

Seriously, see if there is a child in your neighborhood who can explain.
You must be a complete moron or are totally devoid of reading comprehension and basic logic.

Maybe instead of taking out that $75 million loan, Iowa should take this route instead.

Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost believes Ohio State can sue Big Ten over football cancellation

By Randy Ludlow
The Columbus Dispatch
Posted at 5:47 PMUpdated at 6:08 PM

Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost is ready to recommend that Ohio State University officials file a lawsuit seeking monetary damages from the Big Ten and member schools that voted against playing football this autumn.

A team of state lawyers studying Ohio State’s contracts with the Big Ten believe an “excellent contract claim for several tens of millions of dollars in lost revenue” can be demanded in a lawsuit, Yost told The Dispatch.

Yost, a Republican, said he has not yet discussed the filing of a potential state-court action against the Big Ten and some of its schools with Ohio State officials as conference talks continue on when -- and if -- to play football amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

“I think we have a cause of action” for violating contracts between the Big Ten and Ohio State and for illegal interference in a business relationship, Yost said.

“If these negotiations (over playing football) fall apart, we will be recommending legal action to our client, Ohio State University,” he said, adding his office believes the Big Ten lacked legal authority to cancel or delay the football season.

Big Ten presidents and chancellors voted 11-3 to not immediately play football due to the coronavirus pandemic, with only Ohio State, Iowa and Nebraska voting in favor of playing despite the COVID pandemic.

Yost, an Ohio State journalism graduate, said he has directed his lawyers to “put together a case, so if negotiations break down and the season is canceled, we are prepared to make a presentation to the board (of trustees) and the administration.”

Comment was being sought Wednesday evening from Ohio State University officials, including Athletic director Gene Smith.

A Big Ten decision to begin playing football later would cancel talk of a lawsuit, Yost said, although he expressed doubts about the conference’s legal ability to cancel non-conference games.

Asked about the possibility of pursuing a lawsuit against the Mid-American Conference over its football season cancellation, Yost said that would be examined if member schools express interest.

Ohio public universities Ohio, Toledo, Akron, Bowling Green, Kent State and Miami play football in the MAC. They also play football games against Big Ten opponents and rely on revenue sharing from those games.

Go for it. Iowa and Nebraska need to jump in as well. Should also include local businesses who are going to suffer greatly. The leadership of the BIG has exhibited it is full of unmitigated BS and Hypocrisy. This has never been about the health of student athletes, period.

Reactions: pmtdc
ADVERTISEMENT