ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Presidents Meeting, Cancellation On The Table

So by your definition Larry Allen is obese, yet the dude is like 15% body fat. A large majority of those NFL lineman are more muscle then fat.
When do I define obese ?

there is a clinical definition. My guess is those that are clinically obese and dying from Covid don’t look like Larry Allen.

less body mass is almost always better. Sorry if that upsets you.

Last edited:
People who think Spring is plausible are kidding themselves. It’s always been Fall or bust. It’s not safe or reasonable to ask kids to play 20+ games with two full camps in a single calendar year. The body needs an off-season of recovery. Plus virtually every single major NFL prospect would sit out and it would be even less safe during the winter to start camp than right now when the weather allows more outside time.

Once Biden gets elected and takes office, the virus will no longer be a big deal.

Reactions: pahawk68
Where is this being reported?
Even among young adults aged 18–34 years with no chronic medical conditions, nearly one in five reported that they had not returned to their usual state of health 14–21 days after testing. In contrast, over 90% of outpatients with influenza recover within approximately 2 weeks of having a positive test result

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6930e1.htm

But wait, Nebraska A.D.Moos just a couple of days ago was pondering whether it will be 50,000, 75,000 or Full House at Lincoln....just another delusional day in Nebraska. Honestly, it was in the Omaha Weird Herald.

According to any number they allow it’s a sellout...streak continues

When do I define obese ?

there is a clinical definition. My guess is those that are clinically obese and dying from Covid don’t look like Larry Allen.

I bet you're a scrawny twig lol

Exactly, I would be interested to know of the 150,000 deaths...how many involved the elderly, obese, smokers/vapers, and/or drug addicts?

well given that we’re talking about Americans here... probably a lot of them

Jesus you don’t really believe this do you? So it’s a big conspiracy that the entire world is in on, and once trump is gone, Boom! No more virus?
The virus is real, alright. What may be the case is that it won't quite as EXTREME URGENT if Biden wins. Sweden is looking really smart right now while more harm is being done in America because of the lock down than what the virus is capable of doing. I've read lots of discussion on this very thing.

Serious question. Are the athletes more exposed to the virus during practice and games while in a "bubble" than they would be during their daily routine not in the bubble? And wouldn't they have access to better resources than 99% of the general population during the season (weekly testing, dedicated training staff, etc.) in the event they were exposed? I understand the school is worried about getting sued more than they are the health of the player. But we've seen individual players opt out if they are truly worried. Shouldn't that be the real option on the table?

Serious question. Are the athletes more exposed to the virus during practice and games while in a "bubble" than they would be during their daily routine not in the bubble? And wouldn't they have access to better resources than 99% of the general population during the season (weekly testing, dedicated training staff, etc.) in the event they were exposed? I understand the school is worried about getting sued more than they are the health of the player. But we've seen individual players opt out if they are truly worried. Shouldn't that be the real option on the table?
The real fear is that all the old and unhealthy coaches, staff, athletic department personnel, refs, etc. will catch it. And the idea they could get paid to do nothing this fall is a bonus.

Get informed! Check the CDC's recently presented death numbers by age cohort; 265 people 0 to 24 years have died of COVID. More than half of those had some form of comorbidity! As for fans, fans who attend make their own decision! Heck, card people and bounce out those 65 and older! Meanwhile, liberal (politically, not morally) university presidents are making the decision? There goes college football!!!
Ok. How many people were infected three generations of contact downstream from those few who died? 1,000? 100,000? You don’t know, and neither does anyone else. This is the problem with people like you who focus only on the safety of a few hundred football players. You’ve got to consider downstream contact infections, the numbers of which are unknowable with our pathetic (nonexistent) system of contact tracing. It’s not about you, it’s about all those who may be vulnerable who you infect.

Reactions: Chalkdaddy94
We must get on with life. Covid is going to be with us, probably for the forseeable future. It is especially a problem for the elderly of which I am one. We need to take precautions, and they have learned much to help us. But get on with life as current data suggests. It has become 99% political at this time which is a shame. We need schools open, sports with fans in the seats. Let's go.
Agree

Reactions: HawksNPanthers
Jesus you don’t really believe this do you? So it’s a big conspiracy that the entire world is in on, and once trump is gone, Boom! No more virus?
I didn’t say there would be no more virus.

Herd immunity lol, keep dreaming

Please me how you become immune to something you can get multiple times a year
Apparently Sweden has found the way, which is basically what people used to do when a pandemic occurred prior to Covid 19 which was to develop herd immunity.

Here's an article that talks a little about it.
https://www.newsweek.com/sweden-whi...ses-plummet-rest-europe-suffers-spike-1521626

Oh and while Sweden has had 566 deaths per million and the US is at 504 the US is quickly catching up.
We've flattened the curve with the lock down which was meant to keep the medical system from being overwhelmed. It was not designed to keep people from getting the virus.
Perhaps if we had used Sweden's approach, there might not be any doubt that we would be playing football.
I am willing to bet that when this is all done that we will exceed the deaths per million of Sweden.
Afterall as a People and a nation, WE ARE AFRAID

Apparently Sweden has found the way, which is basically what people used to do when a pandemic occurred prior to Covid 19 which was to develop herd immunity.

Here's an article that talks a little about it.
https://www.newsweek.com/sweden-whi...ses-plummet-rest-europe-suffers-spike-1521626

Oh and while Sweden has had 566 deaths per million and the US is at 504 the US is quickly catching up.
We've flattened the curve with the lock down which was meant to keep the medical system from being overwhelmed. It was not designed to keep people from getting the virus.
Perhaps if we had used Sweden's approach, there might not be any doubt that we would be playing football.
I am willing to bet that when this is all done that we will exceed the deaths per million of Sweden.
Afterall as a People and a nation, WE ARE AFRAID
Sweeds are nowhere near herd immunity. They also have much lower population density than our most populated states.

It's actually all based on the reality that over 150,000 Americans have died so far, and people of all ages can suffer serious, long-time repercussions even if they survive. A 7-year-old died from it the other day, and projections are that 300,000 Americans will have died from COVID-19 by the end of the year if the current rate of noncompliance with CDC guidelines persist. OTH, if 95% of the country did follow the guidelines, the number of infections and deaths would decline precipitously.

But there's the rub. Hell, they're expecting a quarter of a million people in Sturgis this weekend. The American people, in general, are an embarrassment to humanity.

They were playing rugby before capacity crowds in New Zealand months ago. But the US has made little progress against the virus because of a lack of national leadership. When an ignorant president is still worshipped by millions and the long-time expert on medical science and his family are getting death threats, you can see how screwed up this country is.

It's all based on fear. Yes, it is. Anyone who isn't afraid of COVID-19 and of the mess this country is in is brainwashed. If you're standing in front of a guy who's pointing a gun at you, should you be afraid?

Football will not happen this fall because the fear of the virus is an intelligent reaction to a pandemic that far too many Americans still refuse to acknowledge.

The most intelligent, common sense, factual post I have ever seen on here. We have become the stupidest country on the planet. Yesterday, I was in a grocery store and seen an elderly guy carrying a mask in his left hand, not on his face. I wanted to say something to him but I was afraid about what his reaction could have been. People get shot at or assaulted for simply asking someone to wear a mask.

Reactions: Im4Iowa
We must get on with life. Covid is going to be with us, probably for the forseeable future. It is especially a problem for the elderly of which I am one. We need to take precautions, and they have learned much to help us. But get on with life as current data suggests. It has become 99% political at this time which is a shame. We need schools open, sports with fans in the seats. Let's go.

Have to agree with you but I am torn in the middle I guess not on either side because there’s suck validity on both sides of playing or not to play .. damn I wish it was easier than that like push a button to stop the virus from mutating and spreading

Many don’t want anything to happen until there is a vaccine. How many years do you wait is my question.

but but but but we have so many trials going on while people are dropping off like flies on feces .... these testing standards are sooooo long I say they ramp it up and have one mega bio company and/or all joking hands together and nail this one on the head.. I know it’s much easier said than done but it’s all about the almighty buck and not what’s most important... humanity

Ok. How many people were infected three generations of contact downstream from those few who died? 1,000? 100,000? You don’t know, and neither does anyone else. This is the problem with people like you who focus only on the safety of a few hundred football players. You’ve got to consider downstream contact infections, the numbers of which are unknowable with our pathetic (nonexistent) system of contact tracing. It’s not about you, it’s about all those who may be vulnerable who you infect.
I understand your concerns, BUT if the player were staying at school and in the football complex, say keep them in seperate dorms or housing, seperate eating facilities etc, possibly even online learning. In essense the bubble people are suggesting. No access to family for a few months. Wouldn't there "downstream" contacts be WAY WAY safer then if you call off the season, and have them be on their own? That only makes sense to me. I guess I don't understand how anyone thinks it will be better if there is no football or whatever.

Reactions: unclesammy
I understand your concerns, BUT if the player were staying at school and in the football complex, say keep them in seperate dorms or housing, seperate eating facilities etc, possibly even online learning. In essense the bubble people are suggesting. No access to family for a few months. Wouldn't there "downstream" contacts be WAY WAY safer then if you call off the season, and have them be on their own? That only makes sense to me. I guess I don't understand how anyone thinks it will be better if there is no football or whatever.
Dorms must be integrated with non-athletes per NCAA regs. That's more than an individual school can decide to do.

It's actually all based on the reality that over 150,000 Americans have died so far, and people of all ages can suffer serious, long-time repercussions even if they survive. A 7-year-old died from it the other day, and projections are that 300,000 Americans will have died from COVID-19 by the end of the year if the current rate of noncompliance with CDC guidelines persist. OTH, if 95% of the country did follow the guidelines, the number of infections and deaths would decline precipitously.

But there's the rub. Hell, they're expecting a quarter of a million people in Sturgis this weekend. The American people, in general, are an embarrassment to humanity.

They were playing rugby before capacity crowds in New Zealand months ago. But the US has made little progress against the virus because of a lack of national leadership. When an ignorant president is still worshipped by millions and the long-time expert on medical science and his family are getting death threats, you can see how screwed up this country is.

It's all based on fear. Yes, it is. Anyone who isn't afraid of COVID-19 and of the mess this country is in is brainwashed. If you're standing in front of a guy who's pointing a gun at you, should you be afraid?

Football will not happen this fall because the fear of the virus is an intelligent reaction to a pandemic that far too many Americans still refuse to acknowledge.

While I'm not taking a political position on covid, I will state factually you have no supporting data or evidence for large portions of what you are posting. This specific posts, and many others. It is entirely your speculation, not supported by empirical data, and appears to be skewed by your emotional and political slant.

How do we know whether you or I are correct? We really don't at this point, but the raw number support me. And eventually when there are enough raw numbers, and we are getting close to this, I suspect the raw numbers will still support me.

We can certainly check back in a year, and I won't run a victory lap. That would be my choice. You won't run a victory lap, becuase your opinions will be proven untrue.

Dorms must be integrated with non-athletes per NCAA regs. That's more than an individual school can decide to do.
Normally yes, but this is hardly a normal year and I'd be willing to bet there will be numerous differences if in fact there is on campus learning this year...

Normally yes, but this is hardly a normal year and I'd be willing to bet there will be numerous differences if in fact there is on campus learning this year...
I'm certain that if athletes need to be segregated from the general student population to safely play sports this fall, they shouldn't be playing sports this fall. The whole point of that regulation is so student athletes are not treated differently away from the athletics facilities.

Reactions: JJ13579
When do I define obese ?

I bet you wear skinny jeans and bro tanks

Even among young adults aged 18–34 years with no chronic medical conditions, nearly one in five reported that they had not returned to their usual state of health 14–21 days after testing. In contrast, over 90% of outpatients with influenza recover within approximately 2 weeks of having a positive test result

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6930e1.htm
I can only go by people that I indirectly know, i.e., two college age friends of my daughter, who tested positive and just had mild symptoms, quick recovery, and no lingering side effects. In both cases, these were college athletes, so they were already in decent shape.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT