ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Seed Predictions

141 is loaded. I think JE beats Seabass hurt or healthy. I actually think Red or Micic has a 50/50 shot against a healthy Seabass in the wrestlebacks.
Wouldnt pick against him but Desanto going to have a tough semi.
Ayala might have to avenge losses against both Hildebrandt and Hinselman to get to Suriano.
Warner can beat anybody in top 10 nationally and can lose to any of them. I learned to just take him for what he is.
I agree, to me, Warner reminds me a lot of Burak. A very solid wrestler, who puts away 90% of guys that he should, but hasn’t turned the corner on beating guys he is close to or capable of beating. Hoping he flips a switch in March.

For all Warner is and isn't on the mat. He has my respect as a wrestler. Gracious winner and gracious in a loss. I honestly root for he and Kem as long as it isn't against Penn state. I don't feel that way about all the Iowa guys but I do respect Kem and Warner.

For all Warner is and isn't on the mat. He has my respect as a wrestler. Gracious winner and gracious in a loss. I honestly root for he and Kem as long as it isn't against Penn state. I don't feel that way about all the Iowa guys but I do respect Kem and Warner.
May I ask why you don’t feel that way? What’s with the lack of respect for Murin, Young, Cass, Assad, etc?

Last edited:
I don't care what he (or anyone else) said on that other board. I have never been there and have no intention of going. I wish some of their people felt the same way. It just proves they have "little Brother " syndrome, and it will take a long time before they grow up. I think Carl is a fraud as a coach, and if it weren't for money and CC their "dynasty" would collapse. If they ever do catch up to us in titles, and I live to see it, I won't be heading to their board to see what the king has to say. If they aren't playing by the rules, it will catch up to them someday, although it seems the rules are changing to suit them better. I'm happy for the athletes that they can get NIL money to help them, but I'm afraid it will ruin college sports.
I guess it is just a coincidence that Penn State happened to start winning National championships after it hired Cael to coach the team. Your opinion of Cael is based on absolutely no facts whatsoever. You may not like him, but to say he is a fraud as a coach is just silly. Next, I suppose you will say is not that great of a wrestler either.

Last edited:
He was a great wrestler. And he, or Cunningham, is a great recruiter, with a lot of money behind him. When you have a team full of top 20 pfp guys, you don't need to be much of a coach. Most of those guys were great when they got there, and very few showed a lot of improvement ( some because there wasn't much that needed improved). You can't coach the way Cael wrestled, and only a few of his guys have even been similar to his style. You think he's a great coach. I don't. You'd have to be a fool to dispute he was a great wrestler.
The coincidence was a big influx of money when they got good, or a better choice of how to spend it.

May I ask why you don’t feel that way? What’s with the lack of respect for Murin, Young, Cass, Assad, etc?
Nothing in particular. I just really appreciate how Warner gets up shakes hands and walks off the mat. Kem has always been a favorite. He is such a technician of the sport. He is a shadow of what he could have been without the injuries. The Bull lost my respect in the O$U dual. No need to get chippy after getting beat. Desanto is always chippy. I personally don't care for some of the antics of RBY, Bo (Aka noodle arms) and others that show boat. Call me old fashion if you want. And get of my grass! Okay snow!

ADVERTISEMENT