ADVERTISEMENT

B1G To Start Thanksgiving Weekend Now?

Can the Big Ten swing a presidential election? Kevin Warren wants to find out
Pete Thamel
Yahoo SportsJun 15, 2020, 1:01 PM

Yeah, you're probably right- that's crazy talk.
LOL - tip of the iceberg. Pete Thamel is in on this too. Its a smoke screen !! Dig deeper.

Last edited:
Dig deeper

LOL - tip of the iceberg. Pete Thamel is in on this too. Its a smoke screen !! Dig deeper.
I actually have read about this, let me see if I can dig it up! I saw a first hand account from a hold over from the Delaney era in the Big Ten office showing how this is all being orchestrated by high level new world order organizers.

I believe the person was named BIGanon. Question everything folks, it is not what ESPN makes it seem...

Reactions: nu2u
These far right proud boy trolls are so mad that hes black they have demonized him for the last 2 weeks for a decision the white Big 10 presidents made.

That was the great thing about Delany. He never got crap or second guessed. You know cause he was white.

My dad had a great saying. " The further up the flag pole you go the more people can see your ***hole" a very Iowa saying I might add. Warren is in the big time now he needs to put his big boy pants on which I'm sure he's aware of.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Iowa vs Nebrantska in Black Friday to start the year?
Don't raise my hopes only to
giphy.gif

So me being disgusted with him for using his power to influence poor decisionmaking now makes me a racist - got it.

Honest question... what did he do to influence poor decision making? I assume it’s something he said to the presidents and chancellors, but I haven’t seen anything actually reported of substance.

I do think he is off to a bad start.

Reactions: anon_ddojbbh8q7xrt
I believe the B10 attorney is referring to the harm caused by releasing confidential executive communications to students, or anyone else for that matter. I think its likely that the B10 will assert executive privilege in this matter. Board level deliberations are conducted in closed sessions and members expect that their communications will remain private. Political hounds will recognize claims of executive privilege as presidents from both parties have effectively asserted it over the years. My guess is they will probably prevail.

I believe the B10 attorney is referring to the harm caused by releasing confidential executive communications to students, or anyone else for that matter. I think its likely that the B10 will assert executive privilege in this matter. Board level deliberations are conducted in closed sessions and members expect that their communications will remain private. Political hounds will recognize claims of executive privilege as presidents from both parties have effectively asserted it over the years. My guess is they will probably prevail.
i agree it is probably the most likely outcome but having the home town judge makes it interesting.

do you personally think the presidents official votes should be public for the 13 public institutions?

i agree it is probably the most likely outcome but having the home town judge makes it interesting.

do you personally think the presidents official votes should be public for the 13 public institutions?
I would not support a court order to force disclosure of their respective votes, I thought the best course of action was a statement signed by all the presidents proclaiming support for the decision, The vote was not unanimous but IMO it was incumbent upon them to present a united front once an "overwhelming" consensus was reached.

I actually have read about this, let me see if I can dig it up! I saw a first hand account from a hold over from the Delaney era in the Big Ten office showing how this is all being orchestrated by high level new world order organizers.

I believe the person was named BIGanon. Question everything folks, it is not what ESPN makes it seem...
Well, you may be the last two loyal rats on Warren’s sinking ship but I guess there is some honor in that.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
I would not support a court order to force disclosure of their respective votes, I thought the best course of action was a statement signed by all the presidents proclaiming support for the decision, The vote was not unanimous but IMO it was incumbent upon them to present a united front once an "overwhelming" consensus was reached.

I do find it interesting the chancellor’s and presidents haven’t done this. It is just odd they are sitting quietly by and letting the conference and Warren get pummeled.

I’m not conspiracy theorist but with the complete lack of communication from the conference leaders and you read comments like the one Barta made it is easy to see why fans think there is something not right about the decision.

Last edited:
Unbelievable, fire Warren and even his second and third in command. This whole thing has been handled terribly.

Here's the deal:

* There was no reason to rush the decision. Sep 26, when most teams start their schedule, is STILL 28 DAYS FROM NOW.

* Aug 11 is when Warren canceled fall football. That is 46 days before Sep 26, for those who are counting.

* ALL B1G ADs wanted to play fall football. Don't they have a say in this?

* The players clearly want to play. Those who don't have and will opt out. Don't they have a say in this?

* And now the B1G is considering playing over Thanksgiving weekend!! Why? Because Warren rushed the decision on Aug 11?

* And finally, the parents continue to "firmly reject" Warren's decision & follow up explanation.

So, the SEC, ACC and Big 12 complete their seasons when we start ours?

Great idea! NOT.

I am not holding my breath for anything any more because guess what? The ADs might be fully on board (like they were for a FALL season) & Warren/the Presidents likely will veto it in the end.

Check this all out. Fall football won't be revisited & the decision continues to be criticized by writers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simbahawk4
I do not own bars. I am not currently shut down but my businesses were shut down for over 2 months by Kim Reynolds' signature (we are also operating under the assumption that we will get shut down again and conserving as much cash as we can for that eventuality). I am of the opinion that both sides believe this is a big deal- as shown by Governor Reynolds having no hesitation extending her emergency proclamation (currently extended through 9/20) that extends her dozens of new rules and regulations that she placed on our businesses without the legislature's approval, in addition to her shutting down bars. The same policies were enacted by republican governors in Florida and Texas. If Republicans really believed this were a democratic hoax, then why would any of them care about shutting down bars or lengthening emergency declarations? Republican governors knows this is a big deal but they are playing politics the same way the democrats are. She has to pretend that it is not a big deal because her voters want her to pretend that it is a hoax. At the end of the day, when cases spike, then republicans react by shutting things down too.

At this point, I'm just along for the ride. I'm not blaming democrats or republicans. I don't think that this is a hoax. I don't think everyone should stay locked at home until there is a vaccine. I think both sides are playing politics because they are politicians and they are trying to stay in power. Both sides are also stoking the paranoia and irrational beliefs of their own bases and that is why we are in the ridiculous situation that our country is in with regards to covid. If we'd all just swallow our own pride, wear a mask, and not insist that every darn thing should be closed indefinitely until there is no risk of infection, then we would probably be past this whole darn thing by now. There's a middle ground between "this is a hoax" and "we're all gonna die" that people really don't seem capable of understanding- even though this is probably the most logical place for us all to be operating.
Hey I’m all for wearing a mask indoors if that means everything is open again.
Edit: this was worded poorly I still am wearing a mask now indoors but starting to question why since things like football and concerts are likely not happening no matter what I do.

Last edited:
Reactions: BettDogs7
Hey I’m all for wearing a mask indoors if that means everything is open again.
Edit: this was worded poorly I still am wearing a mask now indoors but starting to question why since things like football and concerts are likely not happening no matter what I do.
But will continue to do so. It’s just frustrating

Democrat governor of Michigan was quoted saying she was glad football was cancelled. This is so they can run these ads in key swing states. God I can’t wait until November 4th.

Exactly. If Biden gets elected the turnaround this country will make in less than 24 hours will make every Trump supporter furious. Riots will end, HDQ will be now shown to work....COVID will be cured as a vaccine will come out and be released Nov 5th. All will be right again.

That football Biden video is absolutely shameless and shows what that crazy eyes awful woman in Michigan is trying to pull.

I mean, you can say that it is political in the sense that liberals generally are more cautious about COVID, whereas conservatives tend to want to go about life as usual. In that sense, it is no surprise that the conferences still playing are generally based in the South. But any notion that this has anything to do with the President or the election in November is abjectly absurd and delusional.

Ya, right....... I appreciate your naivete.

Whether you think we should play or not, I can't understand why you don't see the political angle of all of this. Look at it from the other side if that helps. You could make the argument that the decision to play was political in support of the President. Look at a political map, then look at who is playing football and who isn't. And then try to make the argument politics aren't involved. Good luck.

True. Though, the hard left mainstream media is controlling the narrative. What happened to flattening the curve for a few weeks?

I saw the CDC data cut a little deeper than the usual msm laziness/framing.

Death rate if you exclude nursing homes in the U.S. = 0.03%

I believe that was thru about August 10th.

Cut out nursing home deaths and those that are obese, smokers, vapers, drugies, and alcoholics and what is the number of deaths?

my guess is very very low. Governing on the extremes hurts way more than it helps.

Cut out nursing home deaths and those that are obese, smokers, vapers, drugies, and alcoholics and what is the number of deaths?

my guess is very very low. Governing on the extremes hurts way more than it helps.

Deaths to date in the U.S. only 6% of deaths had no other co-morbidities. It doesn't mean it's not serious. But this whole thing has turned into the absolute stupidest thing ever created.

Story today in the NY Times (that far-right newspaper) says that perhaps testing has been all wrong, that up to 90% of positive tests have so low viral load that persons can't infect others. So basically we are chasing our tail around for no reason whatsoever. This is the biggest self-immolation of a civilization that has ever happened.

I would agree that it’s political. I think that’s the number one problem how a public health and safety issue like this became political....and medical experts like Dr Fauci became demonized somehow....despite being recognized in the field for decades and respected by past presidents of both parties....

You’re dang right it’s political and it disgusts me...

Actually, Fauci may be the worst of them. His answers seem to depend on who is interviewing him, and his own statement of 2/29/2020--you know, where he said, "Americans do not need to alter their behavior in light of the coronavirus"--actually get excused by far too many people as, "The virus is evolving!", yet it doesn't seem to "evolve" when it comes to Pres. Trump or certain Governors, just as people seem to think Govs. Cuomo or Pritzker or Newsom handled this like "real pros". In the latter (Pres. & Govs.), we can admit it's political, but with Fauci?

Reactions: unclesammy

Why would you not support that? You REALLY think state employees--especially when working across state lines with OTHER state employees--have a reasonable expectation of privacy?

Man, all the impeachment stuff must have REALLY pissed you off.

9000ish

True. Though, the hard left mainstream media is controlling the narrative. What happened to flattening the curve for a few weeks?

I saw the CDC data cut a little deeper than the usual msm laziness/framing.

Death rate if you exclude nursing homes in the U.S. = 0.03%

I believe that was thru about August 10th.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT