ADVERTISEMENT

Baer Cage:Triple-Double

hawk_it

HR All-State
Jul 22, 2004
DEqh62zVwAApV2x.jpg

Very efficient game for CW. His and Wagner's 3pt%'s are what jump out most to me here (aside from Baer's 40 point triple-double haha)

Reactions: Star5
JBo 1-7 from 3? Was he chucking them up from 30 ft or just had an off night?

Honestly, though, I don't put much stock in these stats, although I will say I like Moss's stat line of 8/9 6/9 and CW's 5/6 3/3. Maybe I'm too skeptical but I just don't see Ellingson as a viable option to back up JBo. I don't think he's suited to play PG, I just don't. I really believe we need CW to step up this year and provide quality minutes in relief of JBo. I also think Moss stepping up and being a consistent scoring threat this season is paramount.

This should be Fran's most balanced team ever. There are several players with the potential to average double-figures in scoring per game. I think JBo and Cook will average double-figures in points for sure but I also think Baer and Moss will too. Yep, I'm picking 4 players to average double-figures for the Hawkeyes this season.

I thought BE looked more competent at PG last year than CW in the limited mins he played there. The important thing is he doesn't force anything so if he has to play 6-8 mins at PG and he doesn't have turnovers during that span, I have no problem with him setting up the offense.

I thought BE looked more competent at PG last year than CW in the limited mins he played there. The important thing is he doesn't force anything so if he has to play 6-8 mins at PG and he doesn't have turnovers during that span, I have no problem with him setting up the offense.

I don't dispute what you're saying per se; however, as you pointed out, they were limited minutes. I do think if BE took on the lion's share of minutes backing up JBo it would not be good. Plus, it takes away from his real strength: 3-point shooting.

I would also add CW showed flashes of competency his freshman year and for whatever reason seemed to regress his sophomore year (typical sophomore slump I guess). That said, If CW is putting in the work like has been reported and gets his confidence back up (which I think was the main issue last year--between his ears), then CW needs to be the backup PG.

Time will tell. If CW can't get it done, then yes, absolutely, go with BE. I just one) don't want JBo to wear down from playing too many minutes and two) as stated, want Ellingson coming off the bench as a shooter.

I don't dispute what you're saying per se; however, as you pointed out, they were limited minutes. I do think if BE took on the lion's share of minutes backing up JBo it would not be good. Plus, it takes away from his real strength: 3-point shooting.

I would also add CW showed flashes of competency his freshman year and for whatever reason seemed to regress his sophomore year (typical sophomore slump I guess). That said, If CW is putting in the work like has been reported and gets his confidence back up (which I think was the main issue last year--between his ears), then CW needs to be the backup PG.

Time will tell. If CW can't get it done, then yes, absolutely, go with BE. I just one) don't want JBo to wear down from playing too many minutes and two) as stated, want Ellingson coming off the bench as a shooter.
Bohannon, the PG, made more 3's than anyone on the team (including Pete), and had the second most attempts. Even if you adjusted for the number of minutes played he would have been #1.

An improved Baer-Cage with his already great hustle and intangibles = some Hawkeye moments to remember.

Reactions: unIowa
ADVERTISEMENT